• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Something weird I discovered in battles

DeletedUser118

Hi there,

the reason for me opening this thread is to ask the community and perhaps a mod or two if the things I saw during quite a lot of battles in tournaments is just me seeing things or if others have discovered this too.

1. Damage bonus lasting longer than one round!

I'm playing as an elf and so I'm using Granit Golem and Sorceress III in battle. What I noticed is, if a sorceress, no matter if mine or from the opponents hit either archers or golems, the hitten units not only make no damage in one round but almostalways in the every following one. For example, if one of my golems gets hit by a sorceress at any time of the fight, they make no damage against her anymore, no matter how often I attack her. But if I remember right, these lower damages should only work for one round, not several. So am I wrong or is this a bug I noticed?

2. The attack/move order is not always the way it should be.

As far as I know the order of moving/attacking is connected to the Initiative. The lower the number, the later the figure moves on the battlefield. That as far as I know works all well. But something still seems to be wrong. It often happens that my golems and the golems of the opposite side move in a free order. What I mean, for example if I have three golems in my team and two on the opposite side, two of mine go first, followed by one of them, followed by my third before the second of the other teams moves. Is this really wanted? Of course this causes some unwanted damage to my units which I think shouldn't be there. Is that really wanted or shouldn't the order be player first and opponent second if both have the same units?

Thanks for your answers. :)

DeletedUser629

The divine curse spell should only work until the end of the next round, not the entire fight.

When a player uses units with the same initiative as the enemy, the order can differ. The player´s units don´t automatically get the first move.

Preator

1. You are right, that happens to me too. But i couldn't determine proper reproduction steps for that. It happens sometimes, and sometimes it works just well.
The divine curse spell should only work until the end of the next round, not the entire fight.
You are right Goryn, it should work as you say. But it doesn't always do so.

2. The units with the same initiative value move in a random order. (Well, it might not be random actually and most probably it is not.) Maybe their positions (order in the field) determine which one moves first. But this should be as it is. Think about it: You have 5 units in your army, and the opponent has the same 5 units as well. Wouldn't it be unfair if your 5 units attack first and the opposing 5 units after them?

DeletedUser118

Thanks for the answers you two. :)

1. That's also my problem. It doesn't really show every time and with every unit, but it still does appear in almost every fight I do. The reproduction steps would be to use golems and archers against sorceresses and then watch if the spell lasts for longer than one round or not. I can tell you it lasts longer at least every now and then as I've seen it happen in many battles now.

2.I have to say I would have guessed that if both parties have the same units its the player who's going first. I mean who you want to have fun in battles and who you want to play this game at all anyway, the computer or me?

DeletedUser118

I don't mind having some challenge but at this point I don't really see it as one nor do I think its really necessary. Its only annoying. But if the devs want it that way, I guess I will have to live with it.

DeletedUser1345

It is irritating. If the special effects last for the entire battle when they are used on your troops, they should work the other way around as well.