• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Karvest

That number is actually just a variable that login server send to client while loading, may be they forgot to change it when did actual update, but all client files now are the same as they were 7+ hours ago.

Enevhar Aldarion

Regardless of all that, a new update means the data for the next FA is hopefully in there. So all you data miners, go and mine some data and let us know when you think it will start. lol

But seriously, the last FA started only 4 days after the event ended. I really hope we get more time before this one, but it could come as soon as Tuesday, which is the same 4-day gap again.

Karvest

Nothing about FA there. Last update was minor adjustments to texts of ch18 tech tree and help data.

Karvest

4* player units got balancing changes. Improved HP for melee and small range mage units, improved base damage for light melee and small range mage units, improved defense bonus for light melee units, a bit lower damage for extra long range HR units (frogs and mortars).
Taking into account new expiring damage boost buildings for the rest of classes (75% for melee, 50% for HR), may be melee units would finally become usable in tourneys. Still not sure if it worth moving forward from ch15 sweetspot.

CrazyWizard

4* player units got balancing changes. Improved HP for melee and small range mage units, improved base damage for light melee and small range mage units, improved defense bonus for light melee units, a bit lower damage for extra long range HR units (frogs and mortars).
Taking into account new expiring damage boost buildings for the rest of classes (75% for melee, 50% for HR), may be melee units would finally become usable in tourneys. Still not sure if it worth moving forward from ch15 sweetspot.
Damage does not help (light) melee units.
Defence with all the random enemies today neither.

a massive HP boost would help.

CrazyWizard

#

They should really change it to 25% attack 50% HP or so. you can give light melee +1000% attack and it still would not solve the issue why they are so weak.

The issue is that they die before reaching the enemy, and dead units simply cannot attack. also it will not reduce there loss count so they are useless buildings that only exist for show. similar with heavy melee tho it does have more use as they do have some natural bulk and some have some range. it won't healp a treant but it might help a valorrian guard or paladin a bit, a +25att/+50hp would be way more effective.

Karvest

we already have +hp buildings that affect all units, doubt they will add hybrid ones for melee units exclusively...
btw, if they are going to add them to the same recipes pool, gambling for +hp buildings would become a nightmare (unless they remove some useless frozen flames etc)

Arthus

I don't even use light melee units, they are waste of time, very rarely dogs but nothing else, Ch16 wonder's production should be switched to blossom mages to make it useful, i deleted it.

Atm what they did with phoenix artifacts and how recipes are not appearing after 1500 diamonds in resets and more than week of event, i'm so disappointed about this game that they can surprise us with "servers will be closed in June" and i'll be ok with that. They can entitle chapter 18 "game over we earned enough"

CrazyWizard

we already have +hp buildings that affect all units, doubt they will add hybrid ones for melee units exclusively...
btw, if they are going to add them to the same recipes pool, gambling for +hp buildings would become a nightmare (unless they remove some useless frozen flames etc)
thats my fear as well, and why I was always agains it.
Since we also no longer have clear tournaments all these convoluted buildings make little sense as there no longer is a case where for example heavy melee is the clear winner. so when would you deploy those buildings?

Yes we have HP buildings but those work to both and benefit both. therefore it does not close the gap between melee and ranged units.
You would need special HP boosted melee units to be able to limit there drawback, and that drawback is they are always last to strike and therefore most units are already dead before they reach the enemy, combine that with attack reducing power than almost all enemey units have and there is nothing left to strike for.

in the old format (the new one is worse) light melee units got somewhat up to par with ranged units when they had at least a 100% HP advantage.
Depending on how many provinces you might do this might now be a 100-200+% disadvantage.

eben a 25/50 melee booster building would not work, but it would work better than +75% attack or more.
Dead demoralised units simply have no use of more attack power

Karvest

At least they are thinking about it, 4* player melee units (+"melee" mages) get 20% hp boost while other 4* get only 10%, may be they will increase it further.

Enevhar Aldarion

You know what I would love to see, both for the app and for players who auto-battle in the browser? I simple little check box, that when checked, has your units hold position and skip their first turn. So many losses happen when out troops move first and then get attacked before they can attack, or the terrain is bad and they move into a bottleneck. Sure, on browser I can do the fight manually, make my troops do nothing on their first turn, and then click finish with auto-battle, but this would save a lot of time on browser and save troops on the app, where you do not have any kind of manual fighting option. With this we would not have to worry about the melee units getting destroyed before they can attack, and all the potential boosts and buildings for them would be not as needed.

CrazyWizard

At least they are thinking about it, 4* player melee units (+"melee" mages) get 20% hp boost while other 4* get only 10%, may be they will increase it further.

Well I looked at the gamefiles.
They are really really really deadset on destroying the ability to play tournaments as you progress trough the chapters now.
I noticed 1 level extra for barracks, mercenary camp and training grounds which will improve your unit production with 5%!!!
At the same time Yogi Dave on the us forums made a graph that shows the next chapter will raise difficulty about a little under 25%

That elite archer will not make up the difference, it does not improve that well.
In the old format it might have made some sense as DR improves and on paper that could cut damages in half, but the with current ransdomised generated enemies that DR is often totally useless as there are to many enemies on the battlefield who don't care.

It's a real shame, I want to do the current chapter, I want to de the next chapter but with these numbers piling up I just can't justify it in any possible way.
I mean we get a over 50% increases in losses, with only a 16% or so return in production.

They can shove those chapters under the grass if you ask me.

Karvest

Next event would be Queen Fairy's Garden (shuffle type).
large_loading_screen-86645fdb36e91995fac4dc79f5dc2a4b.jpg
a55a0af2cd8c.png

btw, stage 9 looks a bit misplaced, guess there would be bug reports about it if they won't fix it earlier. Or may be I'm just merging it wrong.

Last edited:

Arthus

KP instant worth noticing (siren like building) , not into KP count
Very good building tbh, hopefully comes with chapter 18 on live