• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

slow loading times

DeletedUser

Does any of you experience slow connections? Moving over the map, with slow downloading of the pictures. Or when fighting some times i have to wait up to 20 seconds before the move is executed.

DeletedUser778

Right now everything looks fine by me (not fighting atm), but earlier while fighting i was experiencing longer wait times too and i had to refresh the window a couple of times after harvesting, cuz the buildings were "freezed".

DeletedUser

yeah that happened to me too, never had this before today, so i think the update has something to do with it

DeletedUser

No difference for me today. Was a flash update i got today, but no idea if it would have anything to do with it.

DeletedUser231

The map is freezing, I try and visit and have to reload the page so many times I am going to be giving up with visiting people....No wonder this game IS FAILING.

DeletedUser118

Same here. I have either a freezing map from time to time or there are holes in the map which need a moment to load.

DeletedUser

I have issues with Flash in most of the games I play. It almost always lags and the developers want to use all the new features in Flash updates, which puts a higher load on our cpu's and grfx cards. I have a single core cpu and basic grfx card. My system is slow, so I expect slow Flash performance, but some people with better systems have reported the same lag issues. I think the developers should adhere to the KISS principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid!

DeletedUser651

I have a brand new laptop with Intel hd graphics and I can't get the game to load a lot of the time. I get stuck at 64%. But I just refresh a few times and all is well. My map also has holes in it some of the time but it straightens itself out quickly for me.

DeletedUser326

The map is freezing, I try and visit and have to reload the page so many times I am going to be giving up with visiting people....No wonder this game IS FAILING.

Maybe ist the PC?

Or try to Change Browsers. I have most Problems with Firefox because ist the only 32-Bit browser ot there and therefore it uses 32Bit Flash which stuggles heavily with the amount of needed Ram.

Don't know - i never experienced many issues in Flash games.
I know Flash is bad and they could have programmed such a new game in html5 but this is unlike to happen before 2020 i think ...

DeletedUser236

I have a brand new laptop with Intel hd graphics and I can't get the game to load a lot of the time. I get stuck at 64%. But I just refresh a few times and all is well. My map also has holes in it some of the time but it straightens itself out quickly for me.

Using incognito mode seems to "fix" the 64% issue, or just keep refreshing 'till you get in :p
Yesterday 64 seemed to be my lucky number, couldn't get in for atleast 20 min (cleared cache, etc etc), used incognito and got in immediately :D

DeletedUser58

Incognito or Private browsing (terminology varies from browser to browser) is where you load a new clean browsing session for your browser, with no previous data (history, cookies, etc.). It also loses all that data once you close the website you have visited. As the name suggests, this is primarily used for anonymity (so your browsing data isn't saved/stored anywhere) but it also helps avoid many issues which are caused due to past browser history, cookies, cache, or even add-ons (most add-ons aren't loaded in incognito/private browsing because they track and leave traces of your browsing).

You can find the incognito/private browsing option in your browser's menu, it's usually the third option from the top (new tab, new window, new incognito/private browser). If at any point you're experiencing any issue while loading something on the web, try it in incognito. If you have no issue during incognito/private browsing then that points to your past browsing data or add-ons as the culprit for your issue.

DeletedUser651

Fabulous!! Thank you so much! I will find this very useful in general.

DeletedUser58

I can see two possible downsides to it, the minor one being that you have to login every time you open a new incognito window but I think one can get used to that pretty quickly and it should still be preferred because it means less crashes and issues in general.

The other issue is your internet connection. If you have a slow connection, loading all the data from the game (especially the images) might take a while. If you have to endure that all the time it would obviously be painful. Even a worse issue would be if your internet connection has limited bandwidth (thankfully the world today is progressed enough to give most countries an unlimited bandwidth connection but there are still some who have a limit) --- this means you'll be wasting bandwidth by loading all that data from scratch every time you open incognito.

I imagine most of us have a speedy/unlimited bandwidth connection, but just a heads up on that. :)