• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Scouting times

DeletedUser1095

if you dont slow down the pace, people are quickly burned up and leave the game again ... if you have to pay 7+ million to scout a province, not many will be able to get that amount of cash in lets say a day's time.

So the scouting costs keep the game slow, and the scouting time can be reduced as people are requesting. 3+ days with nothing to do is also a good way to make people leave the game. Everyone I know who's left the game left because there was nothing to do and they were bored, not because it was all whizzing along so fast they got dizzy and burnt out.

Also, I don't know why you keep referring to "a day's time". If asked, I'd say 48 hours should be the maximum scouting time, and I didn't complain when that's the time my scout was taking.

I'd think that the long scouting times are mostly problemmatic for players who don't buy expansions.

That's probably true, and I can only speak for myself, but: I have all the expansions that can fit in the available space, and the long scouting times are problematic for me. The tournaments help some for the boredom, but I have so few neighbours that reaching the next ones I can see on the horizon is of major importance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1075

I'd think that the long scouting times are mostly problemmatic for players who don't buy expansions. For example, I bought expansions along the way so now, ending Fairy, I have 6 unused expansions.

Yep. I bought two - both with diamonds received from bug reports. So I still have a ton of expansions still to go, and no more diamonds. This game is pricey, so I'm not putting money into it.

Games have a lifecycle, and this one is not so far along that it should be seen as a cash cow yet. Which means that non-payers have value, even if they aren't as financially rewarding to Inno as the payers are. There are ways to reward non-payers, to get them to occasionally pay, to increase revenue from existing payers, etc. However, the game is in early stages and few of these have been implemented yet. So. We're asking Inno to start thinking along those lines. It's time. Expansions would be a great place to start.