• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Scouting costs and possible provinces

DeletedUser778

I started my scouting experiences with trial and error (trying to reach too far away players, etc),
but now I want to try to discover the formula for scouting cost calculation, or maybe get a big list where players can look up scouting costs.
I'm a little disappointed that I started my data collection so late, but here it is what I gathered so far
VM6A08gSmCqO.jpg

First thing I noticed was, that when you scout in circles ring 13 already becomes impossible while you are still in ring 9 and also ring 12 will most likely become impossible while still in ring 10/11, so you would miss oppertunities for more boostrate, score points and province expansions. (At the current state of developement, in the future there will maybe be more scouting cost decreasing researches and/or a larger coin storage)

Right now I have very little data about scouting costs(and it will not becoming more fast with scouting times of around 2 days :(), so if you would like to collect and share date it would be highly appreciated. The list above is with the last advanced scout research, so if you have values without the last advanced scout research please mention it too, so they don't get mixed up ;)

Furthermore is the table on the right with the boosted province distribution for a silk, elixir, gems, scrolls, marble, steel city (starting top and going cw), so if you are willing to check if the distribution for other citys is equal, or similar it would be nice too :)

DeletedUser

I want to try to discover the formula for scouting cost calculation, or maybe get a big list where players can look up scouting costs.
I wont it too. Formula is hard, because in one ring price increase non-linear, he jumps in a few provinces to open new increase growth. Example: 3000 - 3100 - 3200 - 3300 - 3400 - 3550 - 3700 - 3850 and so on.
I exactly can say with every DISCOVERY province steadily is enhanced the power of the enemies of 1.3%. And with each province to CAPTURE is enhanced the redemption price for the goods, but I cant say how much, about 2-4%.
So we need to make a table and incorporate as much data as we can get. Only problem is that one province will have different values for different people. As a result, get a 3D dataset.

I started playing the beta for this, and it's terrible. Too many different data. I decided it was not worth it and threw venture.
The most useful is what we understand the dynamics of price growth, and thus the only right solution to scout the province does not circles, and so:
8UkIV9p.jpg
And you have to go directly to the 12-14 range, taking it in its entirety and then come back to the center on this route.

To collect data you first need to make a table that will collect everything - the price, the amount of armies and the number of goods. But I'm afraid it has to be sufficiently complex (3D array of data we have) :(
I'll help you with the collection of data if you do this table ;)

for a silk, elixir, gems, scrolls, marble, steel city
It is identical for all, see my picture

Edit by Goryn. I've placed your image under the spoiler button as it is larger than allowed on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser778

I double checked it with the provinces around a neighbour of mine and after 4 rings (was not in the mood to do all 13 rings again), it looks correct, only the location of the different boosted tiers can vary, so I changed my table to this.
AKLQZSFQ9YSw.jpg

So it should work for everyone with filling in the yellow fields. :)

I was more concerned about scouting costs for ring 4+ and mainly with all advanced scout researches, but I guess more date (negotiation costs, troop strenght,...) will not hurt. So I will try to come up with something that includes all.

DeletedUser867

The World Map tessellates, there's a 9 relic primitive, so the distribution of Relics is entirely predictable and all cities have equal access to all relics. For a particular city, the boosts are determined by the relics to its immediate North, Southwest, and Southeast.
9Bar.jpg
9bar.jpg

There are consequently exactly nine unique Relics + City combinations.

From my limited analysis, the negotiation costs, the competence of the defending army, and the global value of the relics depends strictly on the hexagonal radius from your city, in other words which ring are you in.

Scouting costs and times ALSO depend on which ring you are in, but there's an ADDITIONAL cost that increments for each province that you discover. So Ring + Discoveries both have to be considered.

DeletedUser

Scouting costs and times ALSO depend on which ring you are in, but there's an ADDITIONAL cost that increments for each province that you discover. So Ring + Discoveries both have to be considered.
Yes, but :
in one ring price increase non-linear, he jumps in a few provinces to open new increase growth.
As a result, we can not say how much it would cost the province through 10/20/100 ... other open provinces.
3D array of data
I think we can do a long list, instead of 3D array. I'll do it on Google tables, plus a questionnaire to it for easy filling. :)

DeletedUser867

In anticipation of the upcoming Provincial Tournaments, I'm going after Scouting Costs over at https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/brainstorming-about-tournaments.1728/. Among other conveniences, I've developed and attached an Excel 2013 spreadsheet that allows you to use your neighboring cities as landmarks, so that you won't get lost so easily, and that should help with the collection of accurate data.

If somebody already has some formulas that are reasonably predictive, I'm all ears.

DeletedUser778

I'm damn tired right now so I only cross read it very fast... will read it carefully tomorrow...
I have no formula yet, but this big list of numbers...
s31x4QQHG7E7.png
Belonging to a non circular scouting city
fNIoQLgs5OtG.png

Furthermore I have this project, to scout only so much non boosted provinces, to get all boosted ones, on another server
J2ATrhB0b2hA.png
But there i was lazy and didn't gathered any data so far, because I still have to much begun but not finished provinces.
Atm scouting costs look like this there
MPGnSFbCxa1t.png

Maybe something is helpfull

Last edited by a moderator: