• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Saving badges in a Fellowship Adventure

Dorfl the Clay

During Fellowship Adventures it would be helpful if Mages are the only ones that can open new points on the maps. That way the Fellowship members can only follow the strategy that the team of mages have decided on... it would keep a lot of badges from being 'lost' by members donating in the wrong way points.
Only disadvantage I can see is that the mages would need to coordinate their tasks very well in order to have badges available when needed, so that making it through the 3 routes on all maps would still be feasible in the time available.

Jaxom

Are you proposing that all points would be 'locked' until opened by a Mage?
It certainly would keep badges from being put in the wrong spots but players would get very upset if they logged in and could not place badges because no Mage had unlocked points.

SoggyShorts

This was discussed and basically voted on- the consensus was we'll get the little highlight-a-path feature because everything else is deemed too restrictive.

I'm not saying that the idea can't be revisited, just giving info on why it is as it is

Dorfl the Clay

players would get very upset if they logged in and could not place badges because no Mage had unlocked points.
A good (arch)mage could (and would!) take care of this... and if mages can't be bothered to take care of their FS, they chose the wrong rank!

Lelanya

Wow so some small fellowships would never finish, and have players quit from frustration.

Dorfl the Clay

Wow so some small fellowships would never finish, and have players quit from frustration.
I don't understand how you arrived to that conclusion, please explain? Just shooting an idea into the ground without proper arguments is too easy... and if members decide to quit (or not) usually depends on the quality of the mages... and/or on their own motivations.

Jaxom

There has always been a problem with players not following the FA plan. Whether that plan is communicated in chat or messages or out-of-game mechanisms there are some who do not follow the plan.
Why make it harder for those that do? Why add more work for Mages?

If having every single badge put in the right point is so important to a fellowship then they should kick the people who don't follow the plan.

Rather than this proposal I'd like to see a mechanism to pool all the badges and ONLY let AM and Mages place them. And that sure isn't going to happen is it? No need to discuss this. It would decrease logging in and spending diamonds. Not going to happen.

Lovec Krys

I don't understand how you arrived to that conclusion, please explain? Just shooting an idea into the ground without proper arguments is too easy... and if members decide to quit (or not) usually depends on the quality of the mages... and/or on their own motivations.
Simple. If you require mages/archmages to open every single point (as i understand your proposal), then you are basicaly requiring mages/archmages to be online 24/7 to open new point as soon as possible after previous is finished (with minimum of 27 points to be open during FA).

Enevhar Aldarion

Ambassadors can collect the flag/chest on each stage, so it would be really poor planning by Inno if they could not also do what you are proposing.

DeletedUser3930

Jaxom, you might want to create your own proposal for your rather brilliant assessment of pooling badges. Even if mages don't place them and the players have to place their own, it could be a way to help fellowships determine what path to take based on the activity of its members.

If mages do not know what people can make or are willing to make, they can't really dictate a path and badges get wasted. Those who place badges outside of the dictated path are simply trying to be included in the adventure.

Enevhar Aldarion

Jaxom, you might want to create your own proposal for your rather brilliant assessment of pooling badges. Even if mages don't place them and the players have to place their own, it could be a way to help fellowships determine what path to take based on the activity of its members.

This was tried on the US forum and rejected by the devs. They also rejected locking two of the three paths and gave us the path highlighting as a compromise. This was all just within the last year, so probably trying again this soon will just be another rejection.

DeletedUser3930

This was tried on the US forum and rejected by the devs. They also rejected locking two of the three paths and gave us the path highlighting as a compromise.
If they rejected having a simple total count of all the badges made for the mages/organizer of the fa, then I reject their rejection.

Lelanya

Ah you folks are seeing only way to play the game.
Hey I am in Western North America, just waking up right now, and it's early afternoon in Europe, maybe lunchtime in the UK. Why should players waste their whole morning waiting for me to get out of bed? Should we all quit our jobs to sync our clocks for a game? Should we all make fellowships based on where we live?

The Fairy

I disagree with this suggestion.

Each time a waypoint is finished you need to wait for a mage to show up to open the next waypoint - and that mage also needs to have one of the 3 badges needed to open that waypoint. I fear that this will make it harder to finish all stages in time and get all the rewards. And it will make it harder to ensure that all members get a chance to donate a badge to each stage such that they can get all the rewards. Some members are not able to play multiple times a day, and with this suggestion they may not be able to donate a badge even if they have one of each badge in inventory!

Furthermore I usually tell everyone to donate a single badge off path if needed to get the stage rewards as I prefer losing a few badges this way if this means more members get the rewards. This will not be possible with this suggestion unless all waypoints are opened by donating a single badge to all of them - but this would mean even more lost badges.

If this is implemented then I will have to consider if I need to make all members mages during the FA such that they can donate badges. But this would also mean that everyone can pull the flag, so I risk the flag is pulled too early before everyone has had a fair chance to donate a badg:efrown:
(Not to mention that everyone can now invite members, kick members,... but I assume this won't be a problem...)

Your suggestion would probably mean less badges wasted in the wrong waypoints (I say probably cause mages can make mistakes too and donate to the wrong waypoints) - but I think a lot more badges would be lost cause they sit in inventory when the FA is over cause the member couldn't donate them.

DeletedUser3847

My point of vue : Being able to lock unwanted waypoints until the choosed path is terminated. After the way is completed, the map should be automatically all opened again until a mage choose another path or open the next map. By this way it limit unwanted waypoints and let players who had not placed a badge for various reasons in a card to leave one elswhere and then benefit of the chest.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

My point of vue : Being able to lock unwanted waypoints until the choosed path is terminated.
We like to get everyone in on the map FIRST, and only then go for the chosen path or extra spots or whatever.
In a full, active, medium-sized FS the FA is easy to complete so our #1 goal by far is getting everyone in on each map. I would not want to wait until a whole path is completed before having other spots open for this purpose.

Edit:
If it's optional and the AM can simply leave all paths open all the time, then I have no objection.

Last edited: