• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Revised Member List

DeletedUser2402

Currently, there is not as much information on this list and I’d like to see
This includes:

1. Chapter icons – this saves a visit to see what chapter one might be on as score doesn’t necessarily reflect this and avatars can be plain ones or wonder ones or chapter specific ones even if they are past that chapter.

2. Re-order the list – Archmage always on top followed by the mage. After the Mage – sorted by chapter low to high

3. The number of manufactories they have.

4. Tournaments - Maybe a participation/achievement reward program could be put in place by Inno. Currently, there are 2 types of quests, chapter and repeat quests, a 3rd type quest could be Tournament achievement quests. ie complete 1 tournament encounter, complete 1 province, complete 2 provinces, win 1 battle with zero losses, win a battle with all golems, win a battle with 5 different units etc. In this space is a trophy that reflects how many achievements completed and possible rewards for completing these quests are units and buffs.

5. Number of wonders

6. Visits – this is just as much a reminder for me as fellows. Visits are cumbersome to do and not something I expect everyone to do daily. But to encourage the visits maybe this also could have a participation/achievement award program with a 4th type of achievement reward quests rewarded with 1 square for the extra expansions. In this area would be a trophy icon with the number of achievements completed. Possible quests: visit 1 fs member, visit 1 neighbor, visit 1 fs member 5 days in a row, visit 10 fs members 3 days in a row, visit 15 neighbors etc

7. Reduce the font size of the titles
fellowshiplist.JPG

Dony

King of Bugs
this is a matter of prefference so unless they make it so i can choose how it should look and what it should contain, i dont like this idea with overwhelming useless information for me

SoggyShorts

1. Chapter icons – this saves a visit to see what chapter one might be on as score doesn’t necessarily reflect
I like it, there's plenty of room to add a little icon
2. Re-order the list – Archmage always on top followed by the mage. After the Mage – sorted by chapter low to high
This I'm not a fan of just because the titles serve almost no purpose other than the AM, and players even within a non-ranking relaxed FS still enjoy friendly banter around their position within a FS. For those who actually care about ranking, it's even more important.
3. The number of manufactories they have.
Without knowing if they are doing 1 day productions, all 3h productions or anything in between, and without seeing the levels of each factory, and the boost%, this wouldn't actually provide useful information. See how it is displayed at elvenstats.com -- this would require its own page in elvenar at the very least.
4. Tournaments - Maybe a participation/achievement reward program could be put in place by Inno.
Other than the gain in ranking points for a top 100 finish and the individual rewards from clearing provinces, I too would like an easier way to reward my FS members for heavy participation. I don't think the members page is the place for this though.
5. Number of wonders
I wouldn't find this information useful, especially if the level of each wonder isn't displayed (which of course would take a lot of space)

DeletedUser2402

Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes...

1. Re-order list - as more and more titles become available, it's my preference for members to know who the officers are and who they should contact if someone needs help. I'd like to see a battlemage title for those who need help in learning how to battle, maybe a wonder coordinator, a trade coordinator, event coordinator, beta coordinator, city planner, adventure coordinator etc. This will save scrolling through 3 pages of names to find the person they need to contact. Lower chapter players and if new need more help then a higher chapter player. It's about helping not rank. Titles are only useless if you make them useless. If everyone is a mage in the fs, yeah then it's useless.

2. Manufactory count - this is more about helping players. If they have no factories, I want to know why and see if I can't help them. If they only have 3 at chapter 5 maybe another officer can help them.

3. Tournaments - This is about participation. Because there are 6 levels to a tournament, just about anyone over chapter 4 with enough resources can probably rank in the top 100. The points per encounter or provinces finished are no different for a chapter 5 player than a chapter 11, the only difference is number of provinces and maybe there is a wonder that adds extra points for this (I can't recall). Unless someone has a lot of wonders to upgrade they could possibly waste the broken shards or waste relics by participating heavily in every tournament. But I don't know how relics count work, do they keep adding to your count or do you lose them if you're at the max 500 of each relic?

4. Wonders - besides my wonder admin interface suggestion where this could be, I guess. For me, it's about an easy check to see if someone has their first wonder. If at chapter 5 and no wonders, I want to help them get their first wonder. It's easy at chapter 3 to get a first wonder to start upgrading.

SoggyShorts

Sorry I don't know how to do multiple quotes...
Highlight a chunk of text and there will be a pop-up you can click.
Repeat for each piece you want to quote.
quote2.png
as more and more titles become available
Is this a thing? afaik there have been no titles added since the creation of fellowships.
IMO a better way to sort would be to allow players to click any category, and sort by that. Score, chapter(if added) name, title.
2. Manufactory count - this is more about helping players. If they have no factories, I want to know why and see if I can't help them. If they only have 3 at chapter 5 maybe another officer can help them.
That makes sense, but I don't think it is enough information to be useful-- a player with 2 factories can make more than a player with 50 factories if they use shorter productions and have a higher boost/level of building.
3. Tournaments
There's a bit to unpack here.
Relics have no limit, and you always need more as they are consumed by spells, the FA, and upgrading wonders.
There is no wonder that gives tournament points.
The tournament is scaled based off of your squad size, so the effort of doing x provinces should be close for a chapter 5 or 11 player.
4. Wonders - besides my wonder admin interface suggestion where this could be, I guess. For me, it's about an easy check to see if someone has their first wonder. If at chapter 5 and no wonders, I want to help them get their first wonder. It's easy at chapter 3 to get a first wonder to start upgrading.
Again, other than such a one-time use, it's not a very useful piece of information without also knowing levels.

DeletedUser2402

Thanks! still took me a moment to figure out how to get the individual quote in here. Now I'll be a quote master.

Is this a thing? afaik there have been no titles added since the creation of fellowships.
idk, have you ever asked for more titles? Isn't that what beta is for besides bugs? I'm asking now for more titles.

but I don't think it is enough information to be useful-- a player with 2 factories can make more than a player with 50 factories if they use shorter productions and have a higher boost/level of building
Right now even fan sites don't have that information, they make educated guesses or use the 24 hour production rate. If I were to guess, this information will never be available. There are people upset what one of the fan sites has already has, people may leave if they start putting in the information you want. Because if you recall, even you chastised me for having non-boosted and now you need them. Knowing someone's production rate may just do the same thing. Maybe, idk. For now, I'm just asking for something simple to help newer players.

Relics have no limit, and you always need more as they are consumed by spells, the FA, and upgrading wonders.

Are you sure about this? Last time I checked it was 500 relics of each type. I've been told by a few people they are maxed out on all the relics. So it's slow and steady for my members for tournaments and hopefully more participation by all members if there are achievements to be had.

The tournament is scaled based off of your squad size, so the effort of doing x provinces should be close for a chapter 5 or 11 player.
Correct, but the points remain the same. So if a chapter 4 player can finish more levels they can possibly make it into the top 100 even with fewer provinces.

Again, other than such a one-time use, it's not a very useful piece of information without also knowing levels.
Maybe, idk. It's a reminder by chapter how many wonders you could have. Starting at chapter 2 you can start collecting runes for wonders. By chapter 12 you could have 24 wonders. If you're at chapter 10 with only 3 wonders, maybe it's something that needs to be addressed too. The wonder admin I suggested is more for knowing levels all that other stuff. This is for having a quick glance at chapter and # of wonders.

SoggyShorts

Because if you recall, even you chastised me for having non-boosted and now you need them.
Don't confuse T4 with non boosted. T4 is your fourth boost, not non-boosted, and isn't unlocked until chapter 12.
The only time non-boosted makes sense* is building some level 1s for events/FA quests that require it. Having a building that makes 80% fewer goods for the same cost as your other buildings instead of trading is a weaker choice, and makes the game much harder.
Imagine the game as real life, and while you can do everything by yourself, it is much better to do your job, and hire a mechanic, and a doctor rather than fixing your own car and removing your own appendix.
*Some players do have non-boosted because they are pretty...not really a point that can be argued.
As an example, you must have a planks boost of 100% or more by now, right?
That means you could replace your level 3 steel for a level 3 planks and double your output for the same cost in supplies,pop,culture. Then you could trade, even offering a very steep discount, and still come out ahead.
Are you sure about this? Last time I checked it was 500 relics of each type. I've been told by a few people they are maxed out on all the relics.
Very sure. You can max out your boost, you can not max out your relics.
quote2.png
Running even a level 2 MA chews up a lot of relics, upgrading a wonder uses some, and the last FA asked for a bunch, so it's very rare for a player to be in a position that they can't use more.
if a chapter 4 player can finish more levels they can possibly make it into the top 100 even with fewer provinces.
Not sure what you mean by fewer provinces... Do you mean that they have access to fewer tournament provinces? If so, correct. Only in the very early game is your expansion what caps you in the tournament. By the time a player finishes chapter 3 they have enough cleared to open 9 of each which is 2400 points--more than enough for a top 100.
Late game players can't clear anything close to all of the provinces they have open. By the end of chapter 12 a player has close to 300 open, which is over 30 of each, and clearing all of that would be over 8,000 points. One player I know had a massive stockpile of goods with more than 3m of each and barely broke 8K points. No one can do that consistently.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2402

Don't confuse T4 with non boosted. T4 is your fourth boost, not non-boosted, and isn't unlocked until chapter 12.
Showing your example: Is your sentinel goods (moonstone) being manufactured in a non boosted Marble factory? I've asked this before because it's a bit confusing.

Having a building that makes 80% fewer goods for the same cost as your other buildings instead of trading is a weaker choice
Why do you assume I don't trade? Because you see non-boosted factories in my city? One reason I don't often trade is because I accept more trades than I post. I check to see if there is anything I need if not... wait. My trader fee is too high to trade with those outside of my scouted map. If someone needs something outside of my map that I also could use, then I'll post the same thing and wait to see if they take it. Right now, since I'm working on wonders and getting two other wonders I just let things stock pile.

Not sure what you mean by fewer provinces... Do you mean that they have access to fewer tournament provinces?
Yes, that's what I mean.

Very sure. You can max out your boost, you can not max out your relics
Thanks for the information, somewhere on the wiki it still shows 500.

SoggyShorts

Showing your example: Is your sentinel goods (moonstone) being manufactured in a non boosted Marble factory? I've asked this before because it's a bit confusing.
My boosts in that city are
Planks
Silk
Gems
Moonstone (made in a marble factory)
I could use my planks to make non-boosted Elven Gum, or my Marble to make non-boosted Marble instead of moonstone, but that would be terrible.
uni.jpg
Why do you assume I don't trade?
I assume correctly that you don't trade for all of the steel that you use, because you are making some yourself.
It is more efficient to to nuke that steel, and make another boosted factory that trades its production for steel.
One reason I don't often trade is because I accept more trades than I post. I check to see if there is anything I need if not... wait. My trader fee is too high to trade with those outside of my scouted map.
Trader fees only work one way. I can take trades from my 200 closest neighbors with zero penalty because I have "discovered" them. When you are small, it is best to plan ahead for what goods you will need, and post trades for others to take. There are many advanced cities that make more in 3 hours than your city can make in a day, and will clear out any trade they see. Personally I take any 2 star trade from anyone I can see under 10K whether I need it or not, and many other players do the same.

DeletedUser2402

Okay so I have it right the confusing part of where the sentient boosted goods are made. Confusing for someone who isn't actually up there! And one day you and I will chat off the forum and I'll tell you why I do the things I do with boosted and non boosted.

I'll learn to trade more. Since I sit and work on wonders and have more than enough planks and everything else for what I need right now I just glance at trade now and again and check if my neighbors have anything.

edeba

Have you checked out the elvenstats in Soggy's signature? Sure the game doesn't do this stuff, but the elvenstats comes pretty close to doing what you want.

Marindor

On one hand it may sound nice to show as much info as possible, but on the other hand it's also important not to show too much info which has relatively little value, for UI reasons. Therefore we will not implement this suggestion. I'll now archive this thread :)