• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Response to help tickets - two accounts on one connection

DeletedUser442

Last Tuesday, I have send a message to your customer support of Elvenar about two people playing this game on one IP address. I had asked if my husband should send a message about this as well. But so far I haven't received an answer, not in game, not on my email.

How long do I have to wait for an answer?
And was it enough to write that my husband (of course using his username) and me play from the same connection, sometimes even on the same computer?
Does he have to send a message about this too?

With kind regards,
Sherakaja

p.s. My husband is now afraid to play the game because it might danger my account. And since I am the one who's most into this from the two of us...

DeletedUser867

Going strictly from what I've observed in FoE, the main concern would be if the two accounts are balanced. So long as you're not operating a Push account, I've never heard of it being an issue. Admitted, it's pretty easy to detect when different accounts are using the same IP address, but my wife and I have had exactly that arrangement for several months.

I use Chrome and she uses Firefox, which avoids a forced closure because of two sessions, and I have a DUAL screen setup, so we can sit side by side and hand the mouse and keyboard back and forth on the same computer, with concurrent sessions.

She's basically not interested in FoE, but she's willing to be the Founder of our Ghost Guild, to make it more convenient for our regular members to hop back and forth. While they're there they work on her GBs and such, and vice versa, but we're very careful to be obvious about NOT sneaking a few FPs under the wire.

The essential issue is your intention, and your consequent actions. If you intend to operate TWO separate accounts, and they're both pulling their own weight, I can't imagine that you'd have a problem. Merely using separate computers wouldn't actually change anything about your gaming habits.

DeletedUser442

We play more games together and never experienced any problems because of that either. But I happen to read the FAQ and came across this. It is more fun and rewarding to reach your level on your own power then when your partner is boosting you.

DeletedUser867

We play more games together and never experienced any problems because of that either. But I happen to read the FAQ and came across this. It is more fun and rewarding to reach your level on your own power then when your partner is boosting you.
Or giving you unwanted advice. :rolleyes:

Marindor

Hi Sherakaja,

No support ticket has been received from your account. Could you please try sending it again, together with the account name of you husband so we can help you further with this? Thank you! :)

DeletedUser252

My daughter and I are sharing the same IP adress, but are playing our own game on our own laptop. It's no issue for Inno. Not in this game or in "the other game"
In "the other game" it is not possible to motivate my daughter for 24 hours when we played on the same laptop, but it's not a problem when we play of our own.

DeletedUser

I think you can tell them about it, and they let you both play. You just can't give each other help as neighbors.

I know I've read about this, I'm just not sure if it was this game or a different game I'm thinking of.

DeletedUser442

Hi Sherakaja,

No support ticket has been received from your account. Could you please try sending it again, together with the account name of you husband so we can help you further with this? Thank you! :)

I had send it to the Dutch helpdesk. Perhaps that's the problem?

I have logged in the help section and the ticked is still open. Perhaps the problem is also that I could only select world1 instead of Beta1.

DeletedUser252

I had send it to the Dutch helpdesk. Perhaps that's the problem?

I have logged in the help section and the ticked is still open. Perhaps the problem is also that I could only select world1 instead of Beta1.
Strange..., When I try to make a ticket, it already says Beta 1. Didn't even know there was an Dutch helpdesk :p

DeletedUser442

Well.. I was quite suprised my self too :)

But now i'm wondering if anybody there is understanding Dutch. :D

Marindor

The Dutch option relates to the NL-servers which aren't open yet, so that's why the Beta Support Staff doesn't get it into their system (they're filtered so we don't see all tickets in the whole world). In the game here on Beta, you can right-click your mouse to contact support. When you do that, your ticket will be received by us :)