• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.28

Dhurrin

Well, my beta-city is low-lvl (edit: almost entering chapter 4).

My GA lvl1 now gives LESS THAN HALF the pop that a regular residence of 3x3 gives. Talk about a waste of space!
Not to mention that I was stuck because I had no pop left over to build or upgrade at the moment. And now I'm on negative pop. Really guys, doesn't the dev team have any kind of common sense?
All these percentage changes work really well...if you are chapter 8 or above. But if you're still chapter 5 or below the wonders aren't wonderful at all anymore, but become a huge waste of space.

edit :It of course never occurred to you guys to make it a combination of factors : set number + a % where both can be increased when it is upgraded, where the total of that combi would at least equal the amount genereated at lvl 1 by the old version.
But making people go negative is really a lousy trick to play

Last edited:

DeletedUser1877

But Timon did encourage everyone to get them built, rather than warn people. We few of the lower levels were led into a trap.

Dhurrin

OMG.
No releasenotes today and a really bad change in the graphics of the buildings that are not active. Really guys? Like a stone face from the maya cities? Kinda the same shade as for instance coins that can't be collected because the storage is full?
You couldn't just make the ZZZ a bit more visible could you? No, just make it look like something else. And bad looking too. Common sense really seems to be in short supply at the workplace of the dev team.

Same with the wonders that people were encouraged to build and upgrade and now are a huge drag for players in lower levels who have invested in them.

Dony

King of Bugs
No releasenotes today and a really bad change in the graphics of the buildings that are not active. Really guys? Like a stone face from the maya period? Kinda the same shade as for instance coins that can't be collected because the storage is full?
You couldn't just make the ZZZ a bit more visible could you? No, just make it look like something else. And bad looking too. Common sense really seems to be in short supply at the workplace of the dev team.
this is common on daily basis on beta, just deal with it or leave beta

Dhurrin

@Dony
Daily changes is one thing.But it would be nice if for once there was an actual improvement, or something that was suggested by players. Giving feedback is completely useless since obviously 99% is not taken seriously.

As for your remark about leaving: the way this game is changing I already mostly left.
Btw, if you had taken a look at other posts you would have known I do not consider this a real beta testing environment since it shows none of the features of that.

DeletedUser1901

Just curious: How come there wasn't any talk about the fairy chapter wonder updates in any release notes before this went live on the other servers?

SoggyShorts

Just curious: How come there wasn't any talk about the fairy chapter wonder updates in any release notes before this went live on the other servers?
Right?
The PT got a small buff, and the BTG got a nerf. Sure you can buy bigger batches from wholesaler, but the portal boost went down which for most players is the whole point of the wonder.
Maybe they just decided that since there won't be any tweaks based on Beta feedback before going live, there was no point in even telling us what the changes were in advance.

DeletedUser1025

There (are) were only four AW worth having at higher levels. BTG was one of them. I cannot see much point in it anymore.

If my BTG on lvl 6 with 112% (of portal production), it means 12% more than without BTG. I just started a new chapter and wonder:

I get 18 pieces of refined steel per a three hour run. 18/112=0.16 (0,16 piece equals 1%).
12x0.16=1,92. Does it mean 2 pieces extra for all the six levels?
Another increase by 0,16 piece (1%) puts me to 13x0,16=2,089, which, I assume, also means 2 pieces.
Will I get, again, 18 pieces after the upgrade??? Can anyone answer that question, because we need to know if it is worth upgrading or not.
If there is no increase in real production, what is the point? That is just a rhetoric question, I can answer that for myself.

SoggyShorts

BTG was one of them. I cannot see much point in it anymore.
In the same 21 squares that the BTG takes up you can get 1 steel, 1 plank, and 1 marble refinery. That's probably close to a 12% increase, and doesn't cost 1000KP.
Same goes for Orc chapter, 5 extra farms, or a BTG?
The only chapter where it really makes sense is S&D where there is a cap on how many guest race buildings you can have.

IMO the BTG needed a buff, not a nerf considering it sits there doing nothing a lot of the time.

DeletedUser1681

There (are) were only four AW worth having at higher levels. BTG was one of them. I cannot see much point in it anymore.
I myself am very loath building any AW, before xmas I deleted most that I had (they were level 2-3 or such) leaving only those affecting culture. The space gained back made me feel much happier than anything I've gotten from those AW's. And when they announced the redesign of AW's my feeling was more like "here we go again" than "whopee". I might be a bit too negative , all that I have is still early stages. I have now several AW's ready to be built - just don't want to.

but the portal boost went down which for most players is the whole point of the wonder.
IMO the BTG needed a buff, not a nerf considering it sits there doing nothing a lot of the time.
I'm also a bit of a conspiracy theorist - I don't think the developers are now (haven't been since last summer) on a mission to make things go faster, slower rather. Hence the nerf on portal boost.

DeletedUser1025

I myself am very loath building any AW, before xmas I deleted most that I had (they were level 2-3 or such) leaving only those affecting culture. The space gained back made me feel much happier than anything I've gotten from those AW's.

The whole point of AWs is beyond my comprehension. Noone can build more than 3-4, because of space.
I would not have space even for my 5 (soon 4) AWs if I was not sooooo much ahead with scouting.

Most of AWs produce some troops, which you can produce much quicker in the barracks.
The (extra) troops are useless for me since I am sooooo much ahead with scouting and cannot win in the provinces anymore.

The constant lack of supplies was "rebalanced" by another AW (Tower of Prosperity) instead of rebalancing the supply production in the game at the very start of it. It could have been achieved by a bonus building rather than AW, I think.
I bet this (momentarily) quite useful AW will be soon "rebalanced" (nerfed) too.

Dony

King of Bugs
Almost all AWs got nerf before level 15 and buff after level 15, but overall its buff for all of them later on.
1 important thing with all this redesign is that before first levels were too powerfull while later levels were nonexistent (and costing insane amount of KP while giving nothing back), and now after change all AWs have linear increase, if you get 1% increase from level 1 to level 2, you will also get 1% increase from level 29 to level 30.
Now it makes much more sense to continue leveling after level 15 then it was before, since bonus increases are no longer nonexistent.
People with low level AWs are much more hurt then others but in a long run its a good change.
BTG for example removes trader fee at level 30 (i know its a long time till we get to this point but still)

And regarding feedback about AWs, i dont like that GA gives same amount of population then MH, while MH is almost 3 times bigger, it should give at least double what GA gives at same level.
I also dont like that higher culture bonus is now almost useless, with removing it from AWs calculations and giving us so much more supplies from other AWs, there is no benefit to have 170% anymore, was that considered with this new design at all? I honestly think that people who play wtih 170% culture bonus should have little advanatge over people with 100% or 125%culture bonus, just because they need more culture buildings while other can use that space on other production buildings. WIth this change you removing whole 170% culture bonus playstyle.
What about if culture bonus would increase mana gain?

DeletedUser1767

I think I'm inclined to agree with Dony that the AWs are meant to be long-term investments.

The other thing about the BTG is that we don't know what the next wave of guest race chapters will bring, but based on Woodelves and S&D we do have some clues. Buildings on the whole are getting bigger, expansions from the tech tree are getting sparser, and the devs have said that after S&D they will no longer be expanding the city grid with each new chapter release, so space considerations as a whole will continue to get tighter. In addition, Tier I guest races came with two goods-producing buildings each, but both Tier II guest races have four, which suggests that the Chapter XI guest race will also have four and that Tier III guest races could have even more. Even though we've been told that the precise hard constraints of the S&D campus won't be a feature of all future guest races, the other features are likely to stay (to some extent or other). That means that it's probably going to become harder to allocate a BTG's worth of space for extra guest race buildings the way it is possible to do at present.

Which is to say, my BTG on Arendyll will be upgraded to level ten in the next couple of days, and I'm certainly not happy that it's suddenly less effective than it was, but I'm not regretting my investment yet either.

SoggyShorts

Almost all AWs got nerf before level 15 and buff after level 15
Perhaps with the military ones(I didn't check those) But the WTR, CLH,PT,EE,ToS, and mostly GA got buffs from level 1 up as far as I could tell.

I also dont like that higher culture bonus is now almost useless
This is indeed lame. Just when the game forces me to build a bunch of willows too :(

Dony

King of Bugs
Perhaps with the military ones(I didn't check those) But the WTR, CLH,PT,EE,ToS, and mostly GA got buffs from level 1 up as far as I could tell.
I am refering to wonders where bonus only got changes in the way it's displayed, calculations are the same.