• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.25 + Tournaments rebalancing

DeletedUser1657

The overlong neck, the inane smirk, the pillowy breasts, the garment that cannot possibly stay up, the uneven hips, the stubby little hands - please take her away. A thrilling landscape with some more buildings we'll never get and a few classy dragons, birds and trees would be thousands of times better.

Its a lot better than the previous one with a plunging neckline to 6 inches below her belly button, looks like she had the long neck then too. The current outfit looked like it had shoulder straps to me or something to hold it up around her neck.

As to the rewards
Tournament_Rewards_v2.jpg

The individual rewards have completely changed. The lack of relics for boosts and MA is interesting.

DeletedUser1681

wow no more KP, I have to see what the other rounds will do, but with these rewards it will be very hard to motivate players to do there best.
I agree.
The only reason I ever played a tournament was to get KP. I would pick the one's giving KP and leave the rest - but no more, only a few scraps to be gathered. I was afraid it might be something like this, I suppose those who need/want rune shards are happy, I myself only ever need shards for a couple of AWs. So, not motivated right now.

DeletedUser

I don't need anymore relics, I want KP's back as tournament rewards ! :mad:

Squad size also has increased to much, more then tripled/quadrupled, so losses are much bigger.
Tournament province 9 squad size: Beta 673 - NL1 168. That's 4 times as much ! :eek:
(Both Beta & NL1 are in chapter X - S&D)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1877

I'm very confused, thought we were getting increased squad size? My 5 squads of 6 didn't fare well, and comparing to the same fight (1st prov, 1st fight) on live, it's a LOT worse, at least for small folk.

CrazyWizard

Well relics are important for new players, I am wondering how this will impact new players. this way the game of catchup with the more veteran players looks like it's becomming an impossible task.

It takes a long long long long time to catch up with veterand ability to generate goods, and impossibly long to catch up with there advantage in gained KP. it's like going back to the stone age.

DeletedUser1721

Wasn't tournaments originally introduced as a method for us to gain relics without resorting to provinces on the world map?!
Also, my beta city went from needing ten or so goods per encounter to needing one hundred goods per encounter.

NOT good, Inno. Also why were the KP taken away? It feels like Inno gave people some of what they were asking for, while taking away a lot more that wasn't asked for.

DeletedUser1278

The new loading screen is indeed awful lol

Do they really pay someone to do that
So no more kp and less runes last time less relics because the fight made harder

Now free spells its getting more and more a joke
Think that 80% plays tournament to get kp and relics

Your precious tournament is getting SINKED

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Needing Orcs in the first province in tournaments for catering?
Lower players will love it, so you want to "ballance" the lower players out of the game?

I think, lower players will get catering demands based on their level.

I've seen that at a friends account (he started recently on a german server). he still caters with coins and supplies.

I can confirm the requirement of orcs in the catering cost, but it only starts late in the orc chapter. Also notice that when the orc catering cost start, the hammer requirements goes away.
In other words the cater cost of the tournament is no longer based on the amount of provinces you scouted, but on how far you are in the research tree.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1877

From the update notes:
" We will lower the number of encounters in a Tournament from 8 to 4. We therefore increased the size of the fights (bigger squad sizes for both your own and enemy units) and the cater costs. We believe this is will be a big time saver for those who want to fight their way through the Tournaments. In total, the amounts of units or goods you need will be similar to what you need now per province."

My normal squad size is 90 - in the tourney it's SIX. How is that bigger?

DeletedUser1526

NOT good, Inno. Also why were the KP taken away? It feels like Inno gave people some of what they were asking for, while taking away a lot more that wasn't asked for.

Inno style... as always...

I can only speak for myself, but I was doing tournaments for KP in first and relics in second place, the rest was just a bonus, so for me personaly not having much KPs makes no sense...

I think the world is going to end the day Inno actually make a players frendly update.

DeletedUser1247

yeah be very happy...... my last sector(12) i had over 1k units per squad and losses are horrible 20k arch plus others on first 12 sectors of level 1 :(

DeletedUser118

What happened to these poor guys? Is this wanted? :eek:

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 241

DeletedUser1721

I can confirm the requirement of orcs in the catering cost, only starts late in the orc chapter. Also notice that when the orc catering cost start, the hammer requirements go away.
In other words the cater cost of the tournament is no longer based on the amount of provinces you scouted, but on how far you are in the research tree.
But now we are no longer capable of catering for KP and relics, which was a huge part of what the tournaments were originally meant for!

Also, the catering cost has more than doubled, when the number of provinces was only halved. At this tournament cost, I would expect ONE encounter per province!

And now the prizes for completing provinces are worthless.

DeletedUser1513

As a summary:
When the new era with extreme amounts of supplies, etc was required they indicated we had to take maximum advantage of the other things in the game that can improve the production, like AW boosts, and magic academy.
Now in this change they steal the KP's, so we will be hardly able to speed up the AW advantages, AND they steal away the majority of the relics needed for the spell production.
So as predicted... it's all about starting to use diamonds for basic progress in the game.
They made the expansions so expensive that noone wants to invest in it anymore, instead of just asking a moderate fee for it in each chapter...
Now they want to start harvesting other resources...

I'm really getting annoyed by their ballancing...
First they changed the AI to make the good units behaving stupid and make the weak units smarter.
I even lost a autofight in the first chapter because the treants are running away from the mages instead of attacking them!
So you hard to play the battles manually, because the good units just run away instead of fighting...
Probably that was required to defend the change that manual battle took too long, so they had a reason to package this change as a benefit,
so most players liked it, and now they get again a cold shower seeing how you screwed it up again????

DeletedUser1777

I can confirm the requirement of orcs in the catering cost, only starts late in the orc chapter. Also notice that when the orc catering cost start, the hammer requirements go away.
I'm at the end of dwarfes and from the first tournament province I need only goods and no coins and supplies for catering.

So with taking away the relics and KP you encourage us again to overscout :p

DeletedUser1721

I'm at the end of dwarfes and from the first tournament province I need only goods and no coins and supplies for catering.

This. One relic and no KP for four provinces that take more than twice as many goods as they used to is worthless. Why did Inno listen to us when we said that the tournaments as tehy were were impossible.... and make changes, but then nerf what we could attain previously? We weren't complaining that the prizes we could currently get were too easy to get, we were complaining that they were impossible if you worked a regular job! Now it's still weird if you have a regular job, and while you might be able to get rune shards more easily, catering cost has gone up and the relics you get have gone down. I dread seeing what my main city's catering costs will be when this goes live, since my beta city, which wasn't ahead of the map on provinces, and is in fact behind, had its costs much more than double. If the city that is BEHIND the province count had its costs increase tenfold, what is going to happen to my city that is far AHEAD the province count?

And if the answer is simply that the devs are making EVERYONES catering costs equivalent to my main city's catering costs... that is bad. That is very bad. That is even worse than just cities that are ahead of the curve being penalized, because the devs are choking EVERYONES resource supply instead of just the few who are ahead of the curve, without altering how many resources their manufactories can produce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 60107

I'm in Chapter V and I already need only goods, no coins or supplies.

DeletedUser1596

As always, wild guesses and assumptions everywhere. No wonder.
Marindor is calling for a solid feedback, but why don't the devs post some solid info here? People are complaining about lack of KPs, but is that even true? Maybe it is, maybe it's not. If the devs post a chart with all the rewards for the first twenty provinces, there will be no more guessing and there will be fewer unfounded opinions.

Come on dev-guys, if you start treating this community as betatesters, maybe you will get some serious feedback.