• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.126

SoggyShorts

I am shocked this was not made a suggestion the same day we got the ability to start all workshops at the same time. It only makes sense, at least for workshops, because they cost nothing to start or stop.
A bit of a different level of priority I think:

Most players set their workshops between 2 and 5 times per day
That's what? 1,000,000 extra clicks per day without the set-all feature?

How often are players setting them for the wrong thing? Once every 2-6 months? Less?

Last edited:

Earwen1

Probably because of sentient goods. If you are not there yet, when you get to chapter 12 and upgrade factories to level 24 or higher, the 1 day and 2 day productions are replaced by a 2nd set of 3 hour and 9 hour productions for the sentient goods. So you can't start 3 hour or 9 hour productions in all factories at that point because the code will not know which one you want.
This seems logical from chapter 12 and up.

Still, it does'n explain why not all factories of the same tier or category, and lower than level 24 cannot be turned on with a single click.
And of course: a single start for all factories at level 24 and up.

Right now in beta I am in the middle of the Fairies chapter, the one with Day and Night Farms.
Of each I have 1 at level 4 and the others at level 1.
I can start all the farms at level 1 and of the same sort at once, but have to start the one at level 4 separately.

And in case my resources to start the farms are unsufficient, none starts. Which is also obvious.

In another thread I wrote:
This is the kind of feature that makes me move from "Yes! Great!" to "Uhh.. mweh..."

Your Inno techies know how to code this feature so that all factories of the same kind can be turned on, no matter the level. You did that with workshops since I can remember. So, I don't really see the need to keep that piece of code away from our factories.

My conclusion so far is, that it is a choice to code this feature the way Inno did it, not a technical impossibility.

Just wondering: why.

Cedrus

Yes, that is how they programmed it.
Then what is the point of the hotkey? Their programming is inconsistent as it does not follow how they set up the hotkey for the workshops. Please correct so the hotkey starts production on all manufacturing for the specific good.

These changes are great steps forward.

CrazyWizard

This seems logical from chapter 12 and up.

Still, it does'n explain why not all factories of the same tier or category, and lower than level 24 cannot be turned on with a single click.
And of course: a single start for all factories at level 24 and up.

Right now in beta I am in the middle of the Fairies chapter, the one with Day and Night Farms.
Of each I have 1 at level 4 and the others at level 1.
I can start all the farms at level 1 and of the same sort at once, but have to start the one at level 4 separately.

And in case my resources to start the farms are unsufficient, none starts. Which is also obvious.

In another thread I wrote:

My conclusion so far is, that it is a choice to code this feature the way Inno did it, not a technical impossibility.

Just wondering: why.
Nothing is impossible, as long as you throw enough resources at it.
And thats the whole point.

We got a saying where I come from:
Een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken (dont look a gifted horse in the mouth)

Why can't you people not be happy with what we have got, instead of nitpicking about every little bit.
It's obvious they have choosen to do it this way, because it did not work out as they wanted within the allotted timeframe they were given.
They could give us this, so lets take it.

This is a QoL change we should be happy about, if we keep whining about everyting then next time they will not release it at all and we get nothing. unless you guys think nothing is better than something.
It's not that they can make money of a QoL they tried to implement for us.

We know it's limitation, so lets work around it and level our buildings in such a way that it works well for us.
Fix our cities so we do not have 15 buildings with 15 different levels.

Earwen1

We got a saying where I come from:
Een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken (dont look a gifted horse in the mouth)
That's where I come from.

I've subscribed to beta and this forum to help to improve things.
That is why I make suggestions.
It is not that I am unsatisfied, I just see opportunities.

CrazyWizard

That's where I come from.

I've subscribed to beta and this forum to help to improve things.
That is why I make suggestions.
It is not that I am unsatisfied, I just see opportunities.

Plenty of people seem to be unstatisfied, and
In this case the "improvement" is quite obvious why it wasn't implemented this wat, and who knows maybe in the future they can allocate a bit of time again to revisit it.
But for now this is what we have.

The complaint was not specifically pointed to you but to many who are more vocal about it and I am a little tired of this.
If we only complain about things like this then they might not release it at all, and I like it.

I rather have a half baked solution that works really well as long as you adjust to it, then keeping the old way.
I noticed if this complaining is the reason I havent seen this update in the live release notes.

It would be a real shame if we do not get this to live and it got scrapped because people complain about it.
I hope it's a silent release, it would be amazing to quickly reset my factories without mistakes which often come with hotkeys and too many factories.

I always disliked low level elves with there tiny factories which require a lot of clicks unlike humans big factories. this update would remove that annoyance.

Alcaro

it was released, @CrazyWizard only that on the announcement wasn't mentioned.

I like this feature a lot, really ... even though, first production was wrong and I had to cancel all manufactories, No biggie, still love the feature. :D

UlyssesBlue

The multi-production feature is fantastic. Seems to apply to workshops, manufactories and guest race buildings. I think all that's missing is armories? Any plans to extend it to that?

FieryArien

Thanks for adding the multi-launch feature to the app as well. It’s just amazing. Especially my Orcs and Traders cities live it. :D

And I’m quite curious what exactly happens when I try launching Shrooms of Wisdom, since I have resources only for few launches.

Alcaro

why is the old menu back? What was wrong with the new one? The missing RR spells?

LE - it's back but I don't understand why was gone in the first place. Was gone also from my city in en2.