• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.123

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the Release Notes of our current game version here and let us hear your thoughts about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Legilimens1987

I think it is not very logical recover a message sent to a individual player but not those of the company. I found the previous version much more useful! Now the spam generated will be greater: instead of rewriting only to one person, all players will have multiple messages if someone lost some. I think it's not a great gain!

Uffauffa

I totally agree with Legiliments.
Btw, the KP chain is made for company use. If someone join a company or someone delete the message by mistake, don't we have now the possibility to add this "two" fellows to the chain simply to put in "up" the message and do we have to create a new one, asking people to delete the original? Am I correct, @Marindor ? I deeply hope this is not the new issue.

Lovec Krys

That is a good message for players like me. No longer KP swap spam.
But I think, that someone mentioned harrasing through messages, and this change doesn't cover this case (since it's a single person receiver).

Marindor

If someone join a company or someone delete the message by mistake, don't we have now the possibility to add this "two" fellows to the chain simply to put in "up" the message and do we have to create a new one, asking people to delete the original?

Our message system indeed has no option to add extra members to a conversation when it has already started, so if someone leaves and wants to re-join, or if you get any new FS members, you'll indeed have to create a new thread (which, if it's for the entire FS, can be simply done by just checking the FS icon when entering the recipients).

That is a good message for players like me. No longer KP swap spam.
But I think, that someone mentioned harrasing through messages, and this change doesn't cover this case (since it's a single person receiver).

If you report a player by clicking the red exclamation mark next to their message, it should automatically block that player from being able to send you any private messages again, and our Support Team will get the notification about your report, so we can take action when needed.

Uffauffa

Our message system indeed has no option to add extra members to a conversation when it has already started, so if someone leaves and wants to re-join, or if you get any new FS members, you'll indeed have to create a new thread (which, if it's for the entire FS, can be simply done by just checking the FS icon when entering the recipients).
It has no option from now on, as till now there were no need to add extra member in conversation, as simply putting in up the conversation will make join all the "new" fellows. This is a very backstep for the company's messages.
If someone feels spammed or bored by company messages, he should play alone and not in a company.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Marindor It was not my case, so I don't know details, i just remember someone writing this in this forum somewhere.

@Uffauffa Funny, I use all the other FA functions (10th chest, silver/gold spire, etc...) After spam (6 kp swap threads) started to appear, i just stopped reading messages more than once per day after few deays. So no thanks, even if it was not solved i wouldn't have quit the FA just because of that.

Uffauffa

@Lovec Krys , to be honest, the only way to see again deleted kp message is not writing in the old message a warning like "delete message".
I (we) have no problem with any kind of spamming in my fellowship(s) message board.
If someone of your fellows doesn't delete a message after this warning, the problem is not the message board.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Uffauffa The problem was different: I don't participate in KP swap threads, so having dozens of "new messages" every day because of that was a spam for me.

Uffauffa

@Lovec Krys , sorry, but this is not the very right point to focus. If you don't participate is YOUR decision, not a decision of your fellows.
With this change, from now on, it is a fellowship problem, not a single player problem. And be sure you'll get all the new fellowship messages they will post again and again, in renewing the chains (in my FS around every three days) or when someone new will join or someone delete by mistake.
So, your problem (maybe) is not solved.

little bee

I think having messages act differently depending of the number of participants is wrong. It will only lead to confusion and mistakes. Especially since the vast mayority of players will never see the explination on the forums..

Personally, I really liked the messages reappearing. Especially during a FA, we rely on secure communication between the entire fellowship. For this purpose we often have long message threads. And while in a KP-swap thread only the last entry matters, the same is not true for our FA organisation. We once had the problem that one member accidentally deleted the thread. In order to get it back, we not only had to make a new thread, but we also had to copy paste every single entry. Returning messages make this much easier and safer.

edeba

@Lovec Krys , sorry, but this is not the very right point to focus. If you don't participate is YOUR decision, not a decision of your fellows.
With this change, from now on, it is a fellowship problem, not a single player problem. And be sure you'll get all the new fellowship messages they will post again and again, in renewing the chains (in my FS around every three days) or when someone new will join or someone delete by mistake.
So, your problem (maybe) is not solved.
That's pretty intolerant. Both the FS I belonged to had 1/3rd or more not participating in the threads. When you were able to delete them, just deleting got rid of them for a week or two. The KP threads should only be going to people who want them. All this stupid change to the messages has done is gotten people to fight, to feel very annoyed by it, to become extremely intolerant, and people asking to have the threads name the people that want them are being given a hard time about it. New players were automatically getting the threads once someone posted on them, and this change didn't change that. People don't accidentally delete the threads that often.

PrimroseSylvia

I don't like "new" message system. I can ignore a kp "swap" chain just having a look to its title (usually, well, kp chain, or swap chain) and skip it. But I really liked "resurrected" messages because I've got some messages addressed to only a few members or players (for example, a Wonder Society Chain, that doesn't involve the whole fellowship but only those interested in plus maybe some other players, as I manage in my live server), and it was so annoying having to restart them every time that someone accidentally delet them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2378

With messages being permanently gone if someone accidentally deletes a message... or someone joins a fellowship can no longer be "bumped" into the message thread, this is going to be a headache for archmages and those who send out fellowship-wide messages to their teams.
I have members constantly accidentally deleting messages, for various reasons (mobility, vision, age, etc.).
I enjoyed being able to simply bump them back into a message previously.
This will be tedious to constantly start new KP chains, re-send lists, and so on.
I hope this is changed again in the future.

Enevhar Aldarion

Good, I am glad it is back to the way it was before the change a couple of weeks ago. Not being able to permanently delete message chains I had no interest in was very annoying.

Aleta

This may not be the best implementation but players should be able to delete emails permanently. We are waiting for these changes on live servers)

Karvest

The number of accidental deletions is way smaller than number of on-purpose deletions.
The only flaw of that system is that you can't see who would receive your message in old thread and who won't see it because has already deleted this thread...
"spam" tab without notifications + separate list of players who moved thread there in tooltip would be a perfect solution (now it has "Started by" and "Conversation Participants" fields, just add there "Ignored by" field).

PrimroseSylvia

"spam" tab without notifications + separate list of players who moved thread there in tooltip would be a perfect solution (now it has "Started by" and "Conversation Participants" fields, just add there "Ignored by" field).
Or just adding a confirmation tooltip, as for deleting buildings...

Karvest

Confirmation tooltip won't help with recognizing who would receive your message and who won't.