• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.113

baypen

Separating training queues for Barracks, Training Ground, and Merc Camp closes the gap a little bit between those who have the Brown Bear and those who don't.
This I don´t understand really. Producing troops on all 3 buildings and then activating the brown bear gives immediately much more troops than now, with only 1 building prepared for collection or am I wrong? So, in my opinion the brown bear becomes more powerful.

iDavis

@baypen but many players with brown bears are using different strategy - instead of activating them let´s say every day, they activate them "once a week" and during that time they skip training production several times with time boosters. And for them this change actually doesn´t change anything, so the relative difference between them and non-brown bear players will decrease.

Lovec Krys

@iDavis You play Humans, my elven Mages are useless. So I'll train only Archers, Trees & Golems there.

ps: And how long before Orc strategists buildings trains 200K Orc Strategists with daily production 380/day/Building?
To train them in the Training Grounds you need 200K orcs, to train them in Orc Strategists buildings you need almost endless amount of time and/or number of buildings.

baypen

@baypen but many players with brown bears are using different strategy - instead of activating them let´s say every day, they activate them "once a week" and during that time they skip training production several times with time boosters. And for them this change actually doesn´t change anything, so the relative difference between them and non-brown bear players will decrease.
I understand, so only the first collection from all 3 buildings at once is an additional advantage. Thanks for the explanation !

Jaxom

Great change to allow more troop recruiting! I might start working the second part of the Spire again. Stopped after tournament became harder.

If I actually do start to run out of supplies I will be able to use some of the supply instants or the 800+ PoP spells I have accumulated.
But the best thing will be no longer having to make daily visits to the wholesaler to get rid of excess supplies.

Maillie

The change to the troop building is great!

The change to the Moon Bear is ... well, not so great. My Moon Bear wants to give me Obsidian. Yay. Unfortunately, the amount is just silly, although slightly less ridiculous than before. My boosted tier 5 is silk. It makes more than that in 3 hours. We only get to collect the Moon Bear once a day. My boosted t5 with a spell, 12,077/3 hr. My Moon Bear 4350/24 hrs.
2020-09-01 (3).png2020-09-01 (6).png

Last edited:

PaNonymeB

A thought about the change "all troop buildings can produce simultaneously" :
I think there are currently mainly two "sweet spots" in the tech tree where stopping allows the best results in Tournament/Spire :
  • In chapter 8, where all Barracks troops are 3*, you can cater map provinces past ring 11 (thus allowing having more than 25 provinces in tournament) and you don't have to pay orcs in tournament and Spire when you have to cater. You have all 3 buildings unlocked but you have only the wonder that boosts Barracks (Needles), and Merc. Camp produces only 1* units (and Training Grounds has Sinister Cerberus at 3*, but it is a quite significant number of techs away from the last 3* barracks unit.) Finally, getting the ressources to cater in world map can take a quite significant amount of time when you're limiting yourself to 1 of each factory to save space.
  • Or you can accept the penalty for doing 7 more chapters and unlock all 3* troops (you can skip all the bottom of chapter 15 tech tree). You also have then all wonders to boost troop production buildings, plus Simia that gives a further bonus to troop production, and Timewarp which allows at level 30 to do all tournament in one day, thus allowing a temporary building placed on Friday to cover two weeks (using time instants for Spire.) This means 2× more temporary troop boosts, which probably makes these 30 wonderlevels worth the penalty. However, you have to pay orcs, mana, seeds and sentient goods when you have to cater (the last ones only concerning Spire), which means additional space needed for these productions so higher costs in Tournament/Spire. You also have 55 squad size upgrades, that should allow to fight more encounters in the world map than you'll ever need.
I didn't make the calculations, but allowing to produce troops in all buildings simultaneously might shift the balance in favor of the chapter 15 sweet spot. Adding additional troop producers in later chapters might then be a solution to make progression past chapter 15 worth the penalty.

Arthus

Thank you for rebalancing Moon Bear!
And separate queques are very nice! One of the best updates this year.

Alcaro

Actually, it´s 3 KPs per chest. You can get 3 chests per day, not per 24 hours. So if I´m correct here, you can get 18 KPs per one pet food?
yep, my bad. Are 18 KPs/ pet food +other 3 KP if it's at stage 10.

LE - still not worth to use a pet food on it. I have better use for them (pet food that is).

spennyit

Orcs production: if you do it only with brown bear fed and time boosts ... Of course if you use 1000+ orcs squads a tournament, you will never have enough :-(

spennyit

The change to the troop building is great!

The change to the Moon Bear is ... well, not so great. My Moon Bear wants to give me Obsidian. Yay. Unfortunately, the amount is just silly, although slightly less ridiculous than before. My boosted tier 5 is silk. It makes more than that in 3 hours. We only get to collect the Moon Bear once a day. My boosted t5 with a spell, 12,077/3 hr. My Moon Bear 4350/24 hrs.
View attachment 7849View attachment 7850
Is your bear at lv 10? It seems it is (based on the 3 KPs production) :)

Last edited:

palmira

Well, one less bear to feed, with the NH chests it is not worth it but I love the change to the moon bear :) up and lvl9 waiting for the last artifact probably on the next FA. The 3 queues are a bit of a strain on my workshops specially now that we get less spells from the tourneys but are quite welcome. ANd now let us wait to see what happens in the next tourney...