• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Registration

DeletedUser

Successful registration to the forum should generate a success message rather than simply nothing..which forces the person to re-enter all details only to be presented with a 'player already exists' message.

DeletedUser43

I've changed the prefix of this thread to "Other", as it only concerns the registration to the forum.

You are right: when the forum registration is succesfull, you are redirected to the forum without a success message. However, when the registration fails, you get an error message. Would the absence of an error message be enough to show the success of the registration, or would a success message be necessary? :)

DeletedUser

It is fine like this, but if it can help some, then agree ;)

DeletedUser

LOL, I wasn't even sure I was registered until I was able to reply to this thread. :)

DeletedUser

My registration was annoying, had to type my information five times before I knew I was ready.

DeletedUser

Would the absence of an error message be enough to show the success of the registration, or would a success message be necessary? :)

A success message is needed. As I didn't know I was successful in registering due to their being no success message it could have been reasonable to expect that I didn't succeed.

As it is now, a person who attempts registration and fails knows they have failed because of the failure notice...and so they could possibly deduce that a subsequent attempt was successful by the mere absence of a failure notice. However, a person who actually successfully registers on a first attempt is provided with no message and may well be left wondering if they were successful or not.