• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Quest: Gain 3 relics of a (same) boosting type

DeletedUser

I'm currently doing this quest. My boosted goods are planks, scrolls and magic dusts. I already got 2 scrolls relics. I tried the 3rd relic with magic dust but suprisingly it did not count. I've gained those 2 magic dust relic with both negotiation and fighting. Okay, here's the question.. Should the Quest reads Gain 3 relics of a same boosting type"?

VM5TRk2.png

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it should be of steel . It is as if he asked you 2 times the same thing.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, it should be of steel . It is as if he asked you 2 times the same thing.
The quest have 2 requirements. 1st requirements (steel relics) have been fulfilled. The problem lies in the second requirement which read "Gain 3 relics of a boosting type" while in fact it wanted 3 boosting relics of a same type

DeletedUser

Excuse me , i thought that the steel was boosted your resource.
The quest then means three boosted resources of the same type, that is what i was trying to tell you .

DeletedUser628

Thank you for reporting this to us and for the discussion itself. Superalexandre is correct, you need to obtain 3 relics of the same boosted type, which is why mixing the relics did not work for you, but obtaining a third Scrolls relics should complete the requirement.

DeletedUser118

Wouldn't it be better then to change the text from "a boosting type" to "the same boosting type" ?

DeletedUser628

In English, three of a type or more commonly written as three of a kind means N (in this case 3) of the same type. If something would accept items of any kind then it would say of any type as opposed to the current writing. The "of a type" isolates a single type and implies that others aren't accepted.

I do understand how it may be confusing and one could be trying to complete the quest in a wrong way, but there is no issue with the quest itself. Maybe post that as a proposal in the Ideas and Suggestions forum and hopefully the wording will be changed in the future. Usually we would handle text-based issues through the Text-related Errors forum but as mentioned there is technically no issue here. It's more of a suggestion to make the wording more understandable.