• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug quest for grafting sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dony

King of Bugs
Is it really intended to have 6 steel, 6 stone and 4 plank grafting sites for mandatory quest line which cant be declined?
I am completly fine with 3,3,2, i have space for more but i dont see reason for it.

Brummbaer

Dear Dony,
thanks for this information.

I'm nearly sure I will never have the required city space to build all of these grafting sites :eek:
That looks like "stuck forever in the quest line"

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Dony - we are checking this with our Game Design team to make sure it is really intended to have to build that many buildings.

Marindor

Hi guys,

We have checked this for you and the quest currently is as intended. However, we have passed on your feedback about the space this requires so it might change in the future (no specific news on that for now) but at this moment, it's working as intended.

ophion

Dear Dony,
thanks for this information.

I'm nearly sure I will never have the required city space to build all of these grafting sites :eek:
That looks like "stuck forever in the quest line"

If this isn't changed to a declinable quest then I'm afraid I will never be able to complete it. As Dony said, 3,3,2 is an acceptable amount but any more than this is asking far too much.:(

DeletedUser118

Does it say somewhere you have to have them all at the same time? You could still build one, tear it down and build the next and so on.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
If the quest says 'have' this should mean all at the same time. If it says 'build', one after the other will normally do.

DeletedUser118

Well yes, but I would still try and see if it counts building by building. If so you can do it my way as I don't remember any quest where things that once counted were taken back after you demolished them. Or does any of you?

DeletedUser1665

Is it really intended to have 6 steel, 6 stone and 4 plank grafting sites for mandatory quest line which cant be declined?
Yes and after that your going to run into a real space bummer when you have to have 1 Woodelves Habitat (7x4 space) but you can delete it after you claim, just like the grafting site's.

DeletedUser1513

The only way to do this is to tear down your city and have to build it all again afterwards.
To build all these buildings you also need a damn big amount of forest fabrications to produce the required manna tears.
For me it's insane to harm your city so badly just to finish a insane quest.
This is just a very cheap way to keep us busy and give the designers more time to complete extra stuff. I'd prefer doing nothing rather than ripping down things that I have to build again later.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Just to give you a little head's up about this without spoiling to much info upfront: These manufactories produce goods which will become very important in the future of the game (also in larger amounts). It is intended that from this point in the game, they will take up quite some city space. To be more specific: The numbers requested for this quest, are about 2/3 of what would be wise to build (so to play the game the most smoothly, also in the upcoming chapter(s), we'd even suggest to build 9/9/6 . This is what the game is balanced on. It is a lot, but it's taken into account in regard to the outcome of Residences, Workshops etc as well in the future. At this point we cannot reveal more about it yet, but it might give you a small advantage to already be prepared for this :)

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

Just to give you a little head's up about this without spoiling to much info upfront: These manufactories produce goods which will become very important in the future of the game (also in larger amounts). It is intended that from this point in the game, they will take up quite some city space. To be more specific: The numbers requested for this quest, are about 2/3 of what would be wise to build (so to play the game the most smoothly, also in the upcoming chapter(s), we'd even suggest to build 9/9/6 . This is what the game is balanced on. It is a lot, but it's taken into account in regard to the outcome of Residences, Workshops etc as well in the future. At this point we cannot reveal more about it yet, but it might give you a small advantage to already be prepared for this :)

Lol I've just figured out how I'm going to fit 6/6/4 in my Dutch city. Back to the planning board it is now :eek:
Any suggestions about number of the forest fabrications?

Preator

Hi guys,

Does this mean that we will keep woodelf buildings even after completing chapter 9? Woodelves will not leave us as the previous guest races did? Is that so?

ophion

So to continue playing Elvenar, we now have to forget about making an attractive looking city and just concentrate on building rows and rows of the same thing to churn out goods to make things we either don't want or even have the space for. All our cities from on will have rows of residences followed by rows of workshops and rows of manufactories just to mantain itself. Why not just give us coloured blocks to play with instead of beautiful buildings that are wasted when having to build them in rows just to fit them in? We can no longer get expansions because we have already overdone the provinces and so can no longer win battles or tournaments...I despair.:((

With the amount of attractive buildings available...why not make it that we have to build them all to thrive....not make it that we have to delete most of them and build 100 of the same thing??
That just makes a city building game a mockery. I just don't get the logic behind it...or why the developers would feel that we would find that interesting. It's a mystery to me.

Last edited:

ophion

After the non declineable quest to have 6 steel, 6 marble and 4 wood manufactories...there comes the next quest to have at least 4 Forest Fabrications..then to level 2 or higher...etc. Given the fact we have no expansions and we have gone too far in scouting provinces to get anymore...
What are the chances we can achieve this?
Now Marindor tells us we need 9,9,6 to make it through the next update!!
Why don't we just sell everything to make room for the day-glo orange trees and just sit back and produce goods that in a years time will enable us to get through the tech tree?

When is this an interesting city building game anymore?
Please tell me...I'd love to know.

DeletedUser1548

I had 8/6/6 manufactories.
Deleted to 5/4/4.
Removed few Residences - really few as I know it's time consuming to rebuild them when necessary so I have plenty of unemplyed Elves now.
At the moment I have enourmous amounts of population, culture and space.
Will be able to build 9/9/6 Grafting Sites and 5 Forest Fabrications.
Goods? Still enough or even too much.
Supplies? No problem.

Game became really relaxing. I don't have to struggle with anything and find it really enjoying. :)
Cost? About 20 ranking positions (I was ~12th and now I'm ~28th but will fall).
Was it worth it? Definitely!

:) :) :)

Edit: I did it like 2 weeks ago so when I read info from @Marindor I really laughed. ;) Without this serious move I would be stressed and unhappy. ;) To be honest I was for some time. Game is about pleasure so... I cured myself. ;)

DeletedUser1548

@orphion , first I deleted manufactories: 8/6/6 to 5/4/4.
From a single level 19 Gems I unlocked: 3328 population and 886 culture. In total I deleted 3 marble, 2 silk and 2 gems manufactories. Almost all fully upgraded so... I had really too much residences. I still have. I upgraded all non-residential buildings to Woodelves and I'm left with >10 000 population. After I upgrade all residences I don't want to think how many people I will have... ;)

Edit: I have no premium expansions and 341 provinces cleared so my city is not 'very big' and I still managed to do everything I wanted. Now I just decided to play more casually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

Hi everyone! I think this thread is heading more to a discussion/conversation now, so we'd better continue that in the "General Discussions" forum. Thank you all for your input so far, I'll now lock this bug report so we can continue there and don't get confused :)

Status
Not open for further replies.