• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Q&A Summary Live Session August 23 2018

Jackluyt

Q&A SUMMARY LIVE SESSION AUGUST 23 2018.

I am not going to edit the video, because there was really not enough 'meat' in the session to justify the time it would take. Very disappointing.

Here is my summary of the main points:

39923930_10212328170500013_7544750009846071296_n.jpg

1. AMUNI:

Timon and Tom talked us through the new Guest Chapter. Nothing new in there that you can't find in the Wiki.

2. WHY ARE EXPANSIONS SO EXPENSIVE:

After a lot of waffle, Timon ended by saying (paraphrase) that Expansions are the most important part of the game and that is why you have to pay so much for them.
No mention was made of the deliberate strategy of up-pricing expansions to discourage people from building massive cities.

3. WHY ARE THERE SO FEW EXPANSIONS WITH CHAPTER XIII:

Timon explained that the grid at present is 60 x 60. They only increase that every second guest race. At present if you add up the available Map Expansions plus those off the Tech Tree plus all the Premium Expansions, there are only three more available – and those are reserved for the next chapter. So it appears that the grid will not increase until after the next chapter.

4. WHY IS THERE NO ADVANCED SCOUTS IN AMUNI CHAPTER XIII:

Timon described two scenarios:

a. If you follow the recommendation of only exploring the number of chapters required to enter the next Guest Race, then at present the difficulty level is still 'Easy' – so there is no need to make it easier still. It is not planned to have another 'Advanced Scouts' next chapter either, for the same reason.
b. Some players have explored double that recommended number of chapters – but they seem to be doing well enough and – don't shoot me - there is no need to make things easier for them either. (That is a paraphrase of how I remember his words, more or less.)

5. WHY DO MAGIC BUILDINGS NOT BECOME UPGRADEABLE AT THE BEGINNING OF CHAPTER XIII, THE WAY THEY DO IN OTHER CHAPTERS:
The reason is that there is no Advanced Scouts, which is where the upgrade is normally attached. They were looking for somewhere to put the upgrade, and attaching it to the normal residence upgrade technology seemed a reasonable place for it.

6. SENTIENT GOODS WILL NOT APPEAR IN TOURNAMENTS - AT LEAST FOR NOW:
I can understand that - because only a very small number of players have reached Chapter XII.

None of the other questions in this thread were answered – there were only about seven replies in total, if you don't count pleasantries.
It would be nice if they had a dedicated Q&A one day soon to address many of the questions posed in the Forums that are still awaiting Timon's answer.

Last edited:

DeletedUser607

oh nice

and a quite important question not answered:

when will they be done with upgrading event buildings?

because the values of the old eventbuildings needed to be chopped down quite quickly, without getting a replacement. ;-)

iDavis

Question, related to Q&A and expansions. What did Timon mean by increasing the map size several times in the past? Beacuse I see there 2 options and I'm not sure which one was he talking about:
  1. Increasing the amount of expansions to buy / gain, the same like what Amuni update brought.
  2. Expanding the whole city area, meaning all greenery and space around, to get more place to add expansions to buy / gain described in 1.
If he was talking about option number 1, the next chapter would probably bring the last expansions. And I cannot remember any expansion done, described in number 2.

Deleted User - 60107

Question, related to Q&A and expansions. What did Timon mean by increasing the map size several times in the past? Beacuse I see there 2 options and I'm not sure which one was he talking about:
  1. Increasing the amount of expansions to buy / gain, the same like what Amuni update brought.
  2. Expanding the whole city area, meaning all greenery and space around, to get more place to add expansions to buy / gain described in 1.
If he was talking about option number 1, the next chapter would probably bring the last expansions. And I cannot remember any expansion done, described in number 2.
He meant the second. Several times in the past we would get a new row (or a new column) of expansions to place shortly after getting a new guest race.