• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Province Ring Difficulty Went Up from Previous Setting

DeletedUser1901

I had a ring of Provinces (ring 9) set to Medium difficulty for a few days. I scouted 3 of them when they were at medium, and I have not completed the 3 medium difficulty provinces, yet. When I went to start my scout today, that ring is now set to Hard. The 3 that I have already scouted in that ring still say medium when i open them. So i am curious if this is a bug, and if not, what made the difficulty change? I thought the difficulty was set for an entire ring, not just parts of a ring. Thanks!

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi letheia,

the difficulty indicator you see on the map, is a comparison of your troopsize vs the enemy troopsize.

The troopsize of the enemy is determined when you start your scout (based on the cost of the scout). Everytime you scout a province, the other scouts get more expensive aswell. So when you scout a province, it might happen that all the other provinces in the same ring have a harder difficulty because the new scout cost make the next provinces have a slighty higher enemy troopsize.

When you research a squad size upgrade, your troopsize will increase, and making all the provinces you allready scouted easier again on the map indicator, but the enemy troopsize will stay the same.

Does this clear up the confusion, or just make you even more confused?

Deleted User - 60107

Or to put it another way: Every new province you scout is slightly more difficult than the previous one in the same ring.