• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Prize scaling form VIII to IX seems off....

SoggyShorts

Having a look at the prizes in chapter 8 and 9 there seems to be an inconsistent jump compared to other chapters.
Taking the Phoenix cult as an example, it gets about 20% better in ever chapter except from 8 to 9 where it gets almost a 100% boost.
The same goes for a few others
Source

SoggyShorts

They recently mentioned it that in chpater 9 they introduced mana
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...adds-the-wrong-culture-value.7752/#post-48261

Ok, I can see that lack of mana means you need to boost up the event buildings to make them desirable.
It just sucks for players that are near the end of orcs. The prizes will become obsolete too fast imo.

A chapter 8 Phoenix Cult doesn't even replace my Scream of Halloween that I got in chapter 6.
It's not even with as good as orc residences at 64 pop/sq compared to 75

The chapter 9 PC gives 120 pop/sq which is slightly better than Chapter 10 residences (if you include a square for a road)

I haven't checked every single one, but for those I have checked, the best pop/culture event building is always good until the end of the next chapter-- unless you get it in chapter 8.

Lissona

If you get the PC at the end of Chapter 8, it is still superior to houses and culture from Chapter 10 until you can build the Magic Maze (which is at the end of chapter 10).

SoggyShorts

If you get the PC at the end of Chapter 8, it is still superior to houses and culture from Chapter 10 until you can build the Magic Maze (which is at the end of chapter 10).
Chapter 8 PC 1,260 pop for 20 squares
63 pop/square
Chapter 9 house 1,200 pop for 12 squares
100 pop/square
Chapter 10 house 1,820 pop for 15 squares
121 pop/square

I understand that the PC gives culture and the house takes culture, but since you have to build ~10 Weeping Willows for mana a 2,000 culture swing isn't nearly as important as that population per square.

Lissona

Chapter 10 house 1,820 pop for 15 squares:
A Chapter 10 house needs 724 culture and 1,5 roads (roads give culture - 51 per square, so thats 77 culture off) which results in 647 culture
647 Culture results in (with weeping willow) in 4,62 squares. So a Chapter 10 house needs 15 + 1,5 + 4,5 = 21 squares. Thats only 86 pop/square.

Btw.: can you fullfill your culture requirements with 10 weeping willows? I can't - at the moment I need 75000 culture (for Culture bonus 100%) and I will require even more in the next weeks. So for me culture is an important point I won't neglect in my calculations.

SoggyShorts

can you fullfill your culture requirements with 10 weeping willows?
And then some. I'm not sure what the formula is for getting 150%+, but I'll have
93,000 culture with only 33,000 needed
Your city must be much bigger than mine if you need more than double the culture that I do.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/e25978fb695544c0a11de7ae31401787/
That plan is based on the space I already have from finishing orcs and clearing the minimum provinces to open the Woodelf chest (no premium expansions)
EDIT: based on this image from my little Beta city, having double the culture I need should give 150% with no buffs, so I'll probably have 170% with with my 93k/33k
9rnn03.jpg

Last edited: