• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Priests :-ooooo

DeletedUser481

I dont know if I my priests have a problem with faith, but theyre my The weakest unit.
Do You know fight with "it", because in my town all priests are in kitchen? :)))

DeletedUser

LOL...Elves complaining about all their units being weak in comparison to human's Priest and Cerberus being better on another thread just now and here you are downgrading the priest ...:D

DeletedUser481

Cerberus II are cool I say against bowmen and golems but Kitchener ... ehm Priest :)) ... I dont know ... maybe Im incompetent to use this unit :)

DeletedUser326

With a damage range of 2-18 they are too unreliable. Thats the Point of making them quite useless.

In best case the can kill 20 light melee in worst case only 3. With squad sizes aboth 200 Units on enemy side this is nothing.

DeletedUser326

The priest is not a damage unit, but a unit that increases the incoming damage so that your other units can kill more enemies.
Yes i know that from tooltip. But the amount of damage buff is significant - as Long i couldn't test them myself and they dont give at Minimum +100% damage they are near to useless because they are outdamaged by barbs / crossbows due to their incredible higher damage and squad size.

I can't use a somewhat (example) 40% damage buff while loosing 60% damage by bringing a priest ;) But thats theoretical - lets wait and see.

DeletedUser481

:)) myselfandi, sometimes is my training little bit nervous ( f.e. flyin notebook in training, or training "How I can attack my monitor" :))
... hmhhh ... maybe I must wait for other Squad Size upgrade, 'cause problem with fight has also other units, already ( or I must change food for my warriors :))
Now practicaly, before I use increase damage ... nobody has use it in battlefield :))

thx for discussion and have a good day :)

btw. maybe it would be better magic Loss one round for enemy or decreasin enemy damage ( Im tryin to think before cup of coffee :))

DeletedUser

Yes i know that from tooltip. But the amount of damage buff is significant - as Long i couldn't test them myself and they dont give at Minimum +100% damage they are near to useless because they are outdamaged by barbs / crossbows due to their incredible higher damage and squad size.

I can't use a somewhat (example) 40% damage buff while loosing 60% damage by bringing a priest ;) But thats theoretical - lets wait and see.

You can bring barbarians to a fight against enemies with massive bonus against light melee and watch them being killed in one hit. They also can't reach the enemy across the entire battlefield, and they're close combat units. The priest however can hit the enemy all over the battlefield doing damage + increasing the damage by 30% so that your other units kill more enemies the next round. They also have 30 hitpoints making them alot harder to kill than crosbowmen II with only 14 hitpoints. With their 40% attack bonus vs heavy melee, they are pretty useful against those units, especially ent II. Barbarian II may have a 40% bonus against heavy melee as well, they have to get in range of the enemy to hit them, meaning the enemy's counterattack will kill some of them, and the next hit from that same enemy will probably whipe out your squad. In the end it simply comes down to which enemy you face, but i can guarantee you that priests can be pretty useful in alot of cases.

DeletedUser326

Could be possible - and as said - i'm not that far.

But atm i mostly face Ents / Golems / Necros and Mortars which cant be beaten by priests. One more Squad of Crossbows instead of Priests do 70% more damage which makes the 30% damage buff useless.
Ents are easily kitable.
Golems have to much hitpoints to fight them with anything else then Barbs. Defense Bonus against Short Range.
The only Thing i can think priests are good for are other artillery Units.
Anything else is killed much faster by using any other damage dealing unit due to their squad size.

But i will come back when i got priests and did some practice testing. In theory i don't see the Mayor Advantage of them at the Moment.

DeletedUser

I love priests, with two squads I can take out a lot of my enemy. If paladins go in front (And a dog) I kill most of my enemies and cut my own losses to one half to one squad instead of 1 and a half to 2 squads. Archers get killed too quickly same with axe barbarian. Ring 6 and squad size 96

DeletedUser

I've discovered recently sorceresses and I still have to understand her mechanism :D

DeletedUser

I've discovered recently sorceresses and I still have to understand her mechanism :D

Do not use the Sorceress ...they have a bug in them at the moment ...a big nasty and ugly bug ....if you use them you will lose the battle and also all your units.... they actually weaken your army's attack power on the enemy ....Wait for the dev's to apply the fix ...

DeletedUser

thank you very much, ddevil "the great" :p
I didn't know that, so I'll train units but I'll not use them actually and I'll wait until the bug'll be solved ;)

DeletedUser778

I hope it will be soon fixed i have some encounters, where i want to use working sorceress badly to reduce my troop loss. Especially the encounters with only 2 big golem squads. Go in with only sorceress and go out victorious without any losses due to the sorceress heavy range resistance of -60% and the -60% debuff, when it will finally work as intended.

DeletedUser

thank you for your suggestion too, LordB: I don't know sorceress yet 'cause I've reserched her only yesterday ;)

DeletedUser

Go in with only sorceress and go out victorious without any losses due to the sorceress heavy range resistance of -60% and the -60% debuff, when it will finally work as intended.

I also have been dreaming of this since inspecting the details of the sorceresses special ability :D.

DeletedUser

I don't, when pvp is enabled I will need something to cut your golems to shreds.