• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Population Errors

• Thread starter DeletedUser1854
  • Start date

DeletedUser1854

Game Version v1.30-(9c837cc15) (2017-05-04 16:36)
Game World Beta
Browser + version
Flash Player version
Operating System Windows 10
Screen resolution
Name Ruffbeagle
Race Elves

Reproducibility: 4 maybe 5, have only noticed twice out of two attempts

Current Situation: Placing new Marble Factories is taking 18 and 19 population out of 2 tries.
Expected Situation: Placing new Marble factories taking 20 population every time, per building information
Reproducing Steps
1: Have extra population
2: build marble factory
3: Notice population change

I don't currently have screen shots of it, will attempt to obtain some. Will also check to see if restarting game resets population count.

DeletedUser1854

Yes I do, and neither AWs effect the population taken up by the Goods Production buildings
also logging back in does nothing to the population count

DeletedUser1854

More information, It doesn't appear to be limited to the Marble Factories, my guess is any building that requires population is slightly off as the Supply Buildings did it too

Deleted User - 60107

Yes I do, and neither AWs effect the population taken up by the Goods Production buildings
also logging back in does nothing to the population count
Both AWs give you extra population based on your WORKING population. Every time you build a new manufactory your working population increases, so the bonus population from those AWs also increases slightly.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Its indeed as shadowblack and Dony says.

You need the 20 inhabitants to build/upgrade, but as soon as you do your working population increases and you get some inhabitants back from the abyss or mountain halls.
This results in a population notification of less then 20 (the number that comes from the server).

You could argue the build cost should then be reduced to 18 or 19, but the devs deliberately do not do this. You still need to have the 20 population, if you only have 19 population you should not be able to build it, even tho this is the actual number of population you loose.

DeletedUser1777

Maybe it would be a nice idea to show additional the information how much population would be generated when you upgrade the building. This would reduce the confusion (happened to me too) ;)

Deleted User - 60107

Or just show the two separately, for example:
-20 population for the cost
+1 population for the gain from the AWs

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Or just show the two separately, for example:
-20 population for the cost
+1 population for the gain from the AWs
Yes i totally agree with this, and i think it has allready been forwarded to the devs. But i think the blimp from the top bar displays differences from you current situation witht eh nex one from the server, and they accumulate that deliberatly, so splitting it up would make other things strange again.
Like if you collect multiple workshops or houses at once, you see in 1 blimp of the accumulated coins/hamers, that would then be split up again in seperate blimps, and that is not desirable.

Can i suggest you make a post in ideas and suggestions about this. Then we can see how much people would like to see this changed, and then we can ask again to change it to the devs