• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Player Movement - New Changes

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please find the latest info on the Player Movement option here and let us know you thoughts about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Laurelin-Beta

Hmm. Not sure why this Announcement has appeared on the Beta Forum after it's already been posted on the Live EN and US Forums (not sure about any other Forums). I assume that the presence of this same Announcement (in what seems to be an identical form, although I don't have time right now to actually check all three versions word-by-word) on the Live Forums means that any feedback we might post here won't really make any difference? Having some reasonably strong views myself, I'll probably post them here as well as on Live in any case, but again - is there actually any real point...?

Enevhar Aldarion

I personally dislike the situation that the movement decision is not in my hands

From what our CM on the US forum has explained, now that the major movements have been done, any future movements will be minor and mostly clean up of stragglers and most of us won't have to worry about being moved again, barring a mass quitting of players closer to the center of a world, of course. In my one active US city, I was 176 rings away from the center before the move and am 87 rings away now, so I might see one more move closer, or there might be enough active cities on US1 that this is as close as I will ever get. And it looks like I am about 40 Rings from the Beta center.

Last edited:

Bor de Wolf 1965

What I would like to know:
Is there an easy way for us players to see were we are compared to the centre of the server you are playing.
Here on Beta, I am a small player and I don't care (yet).
But on NL1 I am at ch19 so I would like to know if I am far out and on a list of being moved or not.
If players could get this information they would know if they need to secure everything for the big earthquake were your town is moved not inches but miles.
And on my NL1 account I believe I am just on the edge of yes or no to become involved with the next earthquake.

Heffernan

...Is there an easy way for us players to see were we are compared to the centre of the server you are playing.
I can see reading this thread that I'm close enough to center that would be surprised to be moved but when I saw this...
Your coords are -20, -30
center is AthesB city.
... I also became curious, is there a tool that shows such info ? couldn't spot it in elvenstats.

As I said, seems like no reason to worry about my position, but just some weeks ago had a discussion with another player here when he was moved and told him about my memories from the very beginning of player movements. Back then some player had some way to calculate the center (was it based on patterns of resource provinces or something) and the center was slightly different from what Karvest suggested - some rings westwards. The co-ordinates that Karvest gave Bor are very maplike which suggest that there is a tool.

I am not arguing, just (idle) curiosity. It might be useful in my smallish live server where I have now found myself being close to the edge of civilization XD.

Karvest

1640094830982.png
city in the center is far from being old one (started playing less than 2 years ago), probably original one was inactive and replaced a lot of times since the beginning.

Last edited:

Laurelin-Beta

dev tools of the browser [image snipped]

@Karvest : Wow, that is incredibly useful. Thank you. Are the dev tools all that you use? And if not, do you have a list of any other tools/utils you use to obtain your game data? I've occasionally tried pulling data out of the game files myself, but my skills are rusty to say the least, and I'm very out of touch with modern software (I'm from the days of MS-DOS and Windows 3.1). However, I'd love to be able to read and search the game data more efficiently than I currently know how to do, so if it's not too much trouble, I'd be really grateful if you could let me have (via PM if it's not allowed openly) just a short general list/overview of what tools you use to obtain your data. Of course, I'm not asking you to actually write a document or tutorial or anything complicated, and if you don't have such a list and it would be too time-consuming to make one, then please just forget I asked...! :)

Karvest

I use my own private tool to gather and organize most of the data I'm interested in. + WinMerge to have a quick look at "what changed" in updated game files.

Alcaro

city in the center is far from being old one (started playing less than 2 years ago), probably original one was inactive and replaced a lot of times since the beginning.

I am in awe! I have zero skills in that, so I am amazed. All I could say about that print-screen is ... lovely colors! I like purple the most :D :D

I just use the one really, and I've found it to be the most user-friendly and has more than enough information

Great advice! I think I will follow it and start following Karvest :D

Alcaro

@Laurelin-Beta

quoting Marindor:
"Having listened to the community, we have now decided to take the decision to remove the choice of the double edged sword, that is the Player Movement option. This will remain to be not included in the individual player settings. This will prevent the situations we have had regarding players left behind and being surrounded by gold mines when they have chosen to not move when all of their neighbours did.

This will mean that World Map movement we currently implement each Monday, will continue as usual, with every player taken into consideration for a move closer to the Map centre. It will also mean that any large forced movement, that we have recently come through will be unlikely to be needed in the future."

I think this will be implemented in live servers too.

Jackluyt

Hi!
I was asked this question by one of my players:

Hi Jack,
is this city implementation still taking place in the Live World?
I now have 61 unoccupied provinces on my world map. As a result, of course, we miss the tools. Since December I ask the support. You have no influence on it.
Best regards,

To which I replied that t he last we heard from the Forum Moderators was that the Big Move was still continuing with weekly tranches of players being moved. Certainly I am still seeing lots of Gold Mines in all my cities - which is surprising; one would think that they have had enough time to move everyone.

Is there an update please to confirm that weekly movements are still ongoing - and an estimated completion date for the Big Move?

Thanks!
:)

UPDATE: One of my players says that migrations stopped in November and have not restarted.
Can one of the Moderators please confirm this - and explain what is happening?

Thanks!!
:)