• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Guide Event Notes by Platinum Leaf

Useful guides.

Earwen1

From the discussion in this thread I have learned that the event notes by Platinum Leaf are no longer shared through Facebook like they used to be, (URL to FB) To cover this lack of communication, I will from now on share our notes in this new thread. And I will give you the missing links too, so you can all see that Platinum Leaf never stopped making notes.

The huge difference is still, that Jack Luyt used to make very extensive notes, describing every detail of the events. Since we are all very busy people with families, jobs et cetera we will be producing short notes only, covering the quests and daily rewards. If any of you would like to write more extensive notes, please drop me a message!

Event notes for
Aqua Splendor (work in progress) - https://tinyurl.com/AquaSplendor

Older notes:
https://tinyurl.com/Floral2023

Earwen1

Yep... I am actually using a part of my Google Drive account to have these docs hosted. I just use 'Tinyurl' to shorten those URL's, because Google makes ugly long ones.

And since not everyone likes to visit Facebook (neighter do I, honestly) We at Platinum Leaf will from now on share all our URL's to our notes here. As well as I pass them on to the fellows who manage the FB-group, so all of us can use them.

And remember: we don't do data-mining, we make our notes as we play. We can never be sure that the info will be exactly the same on live servers.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Lelanya

I think the only active player who still makes quest lists by datamining is @iDavis , and @TomatoeHu also did, but it seems she and @SoggyShorts no longer play.
Nope SoggyShorts and TomatoeHu each played the Beta event separately and then combined their notes. They then cross checked against data miners, typically for daily prizes that they may have missed, but they would also check with me.
I cross check all the sources that I can find, and contact everyone as needed to ensure clarity and consistency. I bless the data miners, without them it's hard to plan ahead on Beta. But sometimes what they read a couple of days ago, and what actually is released, varies.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Earwen1, since this isn't really a discussion, would you mind if I move it to our 'Questions and Help' section, where we also have a prefix 'Guide'?

Mrietha

From the discussion in this thread I have learned that the event notes by Platinum Leaf are no longer shared through Facebook like they used to be, (URL to FB) To cover this lack of communication, I will from now on share our notes in this new thread. And I will give you the missing links too, so you can all see that Platinum Leaf never stopped making notes.

The huge difference is still, that Jack Luyt used to make very extensive notes, describing every detail of the events. Since we are all very busy people with families, jobs et cetera we will be producing short notes only, covering the quests and daily rewards. If any of you would like to write more extensive notes, please drop me a message!

Event notes for
Aqua Splendor (work in progress) - https://tinyurl.com/AquaSplendor

Older notes:
https://tinyurl.com/Floral2023
I've used the "tinyurls" before. I just didn't understand the reference to Facebook.
Also I would think that the forum would be the prefered information source. But then I'm not much of a Facebook elf.

Earwen1 - Thanks for all the work. I know I appreciate it.

Mrietha

Hi @Earwen1, since this isn't really a discussion, would you mind if I move it to our 'Questions and Help' section, where we also have a prefix 'Guide'?
I can see why this discussion would be appropriate to "Questions and Help."

However some comments:
* I would prefer to go to one thread for all the information on an active Event - rather than have to look for multiple forum categories and threads.
* If the information is for an active event - I'm not sure how many players would think to look in the quides for help.
* Placing historical info in a guide is a great idea
* A guide should be named for the info in it, not who created it. "Platinum Leaf event notes" means nothing to me - I only clicked on it becuase I was curious about what the "Platinum Leaf" event was. I had never heard of such an event. I didn't realize that Platinum Leaf is a player.
* To be useful titles to Guides as well as to threads need to be simple and a clear description of what is contained in the quide.

Despite all my comments'complaints I can't thank all of you enough who manage the Forums and create the quides. Thank You!

Last edited:

Earwen1

Hi Mrietha, some good points you make.

Starting with your 4th *: Platinum Leaf is a fellowship, not even one player. It has been known for making notes about events since @Jackluyt (now retired) started this in 2016 (or so..?). As a fellowship, we try to take care of his 'heritage' as much if we can (and I know he did it way better).

About the forum sections: I didn't even look at the proper sections, because the 'What's new' button is my main starting point in the fora at all times. Second: the threads that I have marked to watch. This way you never need to look for a thread for long. I could recommend it.

In this beta forum, each event starts with an announcement from our top-mod (;)) and a discussion thread and that is exactly where this staterd too. The list with quests and daily rewards and all that, which we make while we play, would then end up in the 44th post of the events'discussion thread or somewhere around there. It would be hell to find it back and I don't think anyone would like that.

That is why I came to the idea to make this thread. So, each time a new event is being announced, I will start a new doc in my Google Drive account, together with the fellows in Platinum Leaf. Then I will share the URL in this thread, so that it will show up in 'What's new' as soon as it is relevant. For you and all other players it will be easy to find it there, when you need it, no matter the title of the thread.

And yes, you're right about the title, I would like to edit it to make it more clear that 'Platinum Leaf' is not an event itself! But alas.. editing the title seems not possible anymore!

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
And yes, you're right about the title, I would like to edit it to make it more clear that 'Platinum Leaf' is not an event itself! But alas.. editing the title seems not possible anymore!
Hi @Earwen1 indeed it is not possible for a player to edit thread titles. Please let me know by replying to this post what you would like to change it to, and I will change it for you. (You may of course suggest your own title, but if I may I would suggest something like 'Event Notes by Platinum Leaf'?)

Mrietha

Hi Mrietha, some good points you make.

Starting with your 4th *: Platinum Leaf is a fellowship, not even one player. It has been known for making notes about events since @Jackluyt (now retired) started this in 2016 (or so..?). As a fellowship, we try to take care of his 'heritage' as much if we can (and I know he did it way better).

About the forum sections: I didn't even look at the proper sections, because the 'What's new' button is my main starting point in the fora at all times. Second: the threads that I have marked to watch. This way you never need to look for a thread for long. I could recommend it.

In this beta forum, each event starts with an announcement from our top-mod (;)) and a discussion thread and that is exactly where this staterd too. The list with quests and daily rewards and all that, which we make while we play, would then end up in the 44th post of the events'discussion thread or somewhere around there. It would be hell to find it back and I don't think anyone would like that.

That is why I came to the idea to make this thread. So, each time a new event is being announced, I will start a new doc in my Google Drive account, together with the fellows in Platinum Leaf. Then I will share the URL in this thread, so that it will show up in 'What's new' as soon as it is relevant. For you and all other players it will be easy to find it there, when you need it, no matter the title of the thread.

Thank you Earwen1 for the information.
I have used work done by @Jackluyt and have really appreciated his efforts. I have missed his notes and am glad to see others have continued his "heritage"

I look foward to taking advantage of Platinum Leaf's efforts in the future.