• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Beta dying?

Brummbaer

More and more players give up, admit defeat, take a break, or quit the game.

Possible reasons?

Waiting for the next chapter since months
Nothing really do than looking on bouncing coins.
Unattractive season
Boring events
Endless bugs

It is very difficult to find new members for the FS to fill the gap of missing players

Arthus

Game visibly ignored player feedback, so a lot of players left
If you try to sell a carrot for 100$, of course no one will buy it
They often try to sell something worth maybe 5-10$ (sets or evolving buildings or season pass) for like 20-100$, people are not stupid and they won't buy it

They asked for it and they have it, nothing to add

slide

Throwing events at those waiting for Chapter 21 isn't a substitute especially as real money seems to be involved more and more.
I've moved into the "Taking a Break" set, I'm out of enthusiasm for playing... I'm Slide-ing down the slippery slope into oblivion!

Gordix

I've been playing about 7 years or more. I reached the end of chapters once at the end of Ch 14. I have 5 cities including Beta. I've slowed down my tech tree progress considerably as I'm only in Ch 17 in my two bigger cities. The others are stuck in Ch 15 waiting on Sentient goods. I still very much enjoy the game but think there is too much going on at once in some cases. All that being said, Beta has become a "side gig" for now as things are quite busy in my live cities. I also have to downgrade my stress level...lol.

Earwen1

I am just glad that the game became more boring, since my life is developping in the opposite direction.
It keeps me in game.

Arthus

Throwing events at those waiting for Chapter 21 isn't a substitute especially as real money seems to be involved more and more.
I've moved into the "Taking a Break" set, I'm out of enthusiasm for playing... I'm Slide-ing down the slippery slope into oblivion!

This company thinks opposite way compared to players since 2019
This year they didn't even care about birthday, no sales, no gift, nothing, they gave gifts to 5 people in forum events and that's it
Not even giving a symbolic gift is a sign "we don't care"

Last edited:

Hazel Caballus

More and more players give up, admit defeat, take a break, or quit the game.
The few and slow reactions to your post show that the Beta forum is taking part in this process, too.

In my opinion, it has a lot to do with recents developments in game which have been accompanied by a seemingly total lack of interest in players’ feedback shown by Inno officials (I don’t mean the mods and support, who are doing a great job). Not to mention the lack of communication in itself.
I do feel that writing that writing this post - or any post - will have zero effect on anyone officially representing Inno. Looking at the English language forums, I don’t see much of a difference. The dedicated CMs left the game and as a result, there is no more channel of mutual communication between players and officials. It just works in a top-down one-way direction, and here on Beta even that connection is shaky.
This might have been decided by the Inno management, so it is possible that they intended this result. That they stopped the collection of players’ “ideas and suggestions“, seems to be a sign of this, too. Needless to say that nobody cared to officially inform the Beta community.

CiraKelley

The few and slow reactions to your post show that the Beta forum is taking part in this process, too.

In my opinion, it has a lot to do with recents developments in game which have been accompanied by a seemingly total lack of interest in players’ feedback shown by Inno officials (I don’t mean the mods and support, who are doing a great job). Not to mention the lack of communication in itself.
I do feel that writing that writing this post - or any post - will have zero effect on anyone officially representing Inno. Looking at the English language forums, I don’t see much of a difference. The dedicated CMs left the game and as a result, there is no more channel of mutual communication between players and officials. It just works in a top-down one-way direction, and here on Beta even that connection is shaky.
This might have been decided by the Inno management, so it is possible that they intended this result. That they stopped the collection of players’ “ideas and suggestions“, seems to be a sign of this, too. Needless to say that nobody cared to officially inform the Beta community.
Perfectly summarized.

spennyit

The question now is: why is there anybody that still "love" to play in beta? why don't we all stop to play in beta? and it is a sincere question: beta is here to avoid bugs in real servers, but this doesn't happen anymore :-( so why is anybody still playing in beta ???

Earwen1

why is there anybody that still "love" to play in beta?
I do, I don't mind bugs and like to try out stuff.
why don't we all stop to play in beta?
Because I can help the fellows in my 2 live-server fellowships.
And as a member in Platinum Leaf, I like it that we take notes of each event to provide a list of quests to all other players who like to use it.

Earwen1

In general: I see a growing number of participants in these fora complaining about each and every detail, without adding anything constructive. This behaviour attracts people with the same opinion - feeding each other in negativity - and makes people who think differently, turn away from the fora.

Speaking for myself (as we all should): I follow some participants of who I think are constructive, even when they criticise things, and skip most of the other topics and members. At the same time, I am reluctant to visit these fora, because of the huge number of negative posts.

My proposal would be, that all who are fed up with beta, just quit. Then we can move on with all others, including the ones who prefer to contribute in a more constructive way.