• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Phantom Building Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, this is going to be vague, but I decided to post it though, I hope you can use this bug description... I was playing just like normal, so I didn't take notes, didn't capture the screen (no screen recorder) and so on, I can only write what I remember. If someone had a similar problem, please post it, so the QA has more information!

Description:
I removed a "Spot of Whispering Trees" in my town (4x3 cultural building) and replaced it with two brand new houses of 2x2 size (I built those houses on the same spot where the culture building was before). I upgraded them a few times (to level 3 or 4, I think).
(I don't know if I restarted Elvenar in the meantime or not)
This is what I think that happened next:
1. the houses showed a "no street connection" symbol and a quest giver demanded me to connect them to the streets, but the houses were perfectly connected to the street (and if they weren't, I would have been unable to upgrade them before)
2. I moved one of the houses and then there was an error message "internal error", so I restarted the game (I was not surprised since I am used to this error message, normally this appears randomly if I construct buildings when the game client shows I have sufficient material but the server has another opinion)
3. The "Spot of Whispering Trees" (phantom building) was back there and the houses were missing. I thought, this is a normal reset, but I wasn't...
4. I tried to remove the "Spot of Whispering Trees" because I wanted to build the two houses again (at that point, I thought my previous steps have only been realized on the client and not on the server) but I couldn't remove it: I got an "internal error"
5. After restarting, the two houses were back there - with their building upgrades and "missing road connection" was displayed. Magic!
6. I tried to move the houses away from the street and back to the street again (to force the game to reevaluate if they were connected to the road), but I experienced just another "Internal Error"
7. When I came back, the Spot of Whispering Trees was back again. I tried to remove it, internal error, I saw the houses, internal error, I saw the Spot of Whispering trees, internal error, and so on.

I tried it several times until finally - and fortunately - the game decided for the two houses, the game acknowledged the road connection correctly and I never saw the Spot of Whispering Trees again.

Game version: 0.19.14442-39da4f5-(master) (2015-06-30 14:46)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Firefox 38.0.5
Flash Player version: 17.0.0.188
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (ext. monitor / PC) and 1440x900 (laptop)
Account name: Retsam
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 1/5 = happened once

Quest title:

Current situation:
Everything works fine now, I have no idea why. I haven't contacted the support.

Expected situation:
I thought the bug would continue to exist, but it has vanished.

Reproduction Steps: can't reproduce

Date: Happened on June 30th, there has been an update on this day, I don't know exactly if I removed the building before or afterwards.

This bug is quite strange, I know, but it really existed yesterday, I haven't been dreaming ;-)

DeletedUser

Oh, I should add that I always had at least one million coins and 100.000 supplies or more, it's another bug. I definitely had enough coins and supplies.
My "normal" internal errors refer to that I am spending goods on the trader or on new buildings without having them, even if the frontend tells me I had them. Then I'd restart the game, go for new resources, and everything is fine. But the bug I reported in this thread is different.

Our apologies for the slightly delayed response. This issue seems to have had the same cause as this one, so we will mark this as a duplicate.

The issue was a problem with the database. We have manually fixed most of the accounts that were affected. In case someone did slip through our net, please do not hesititate to contact the Elvenar Beta support. We will then forward your case, so that it can be looked into and dealt with. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.