• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Orcs in worldmap & tournament

Heffernan

I've been tinkering with my early chapter city quite a while, thinking of moving forward now.

However I've enjoyed the simple life and I'd like to keep it as simple as possible, so...
When do you begin to need orcs clearing the worldmap provinces ?
When do you begin to need orcs when negotiating in tournaments ?

Heffernan

Looking at the research tree I would be able to produce orcs in an armory level 20.

But if I should break the ring 10 in worldmap (seems like I'm getting close) is there any other means of producing orcs, like the Orcs nest which I sometimes see in Academy crafting section ? Or would it just produce supplies until I reach woodelves ? (that's still far away).

Enevhar Aldarion

1. once you reach ring 10
2. once you enter woodelves chapter (9)

You do not need orcs for negotiating until you get to ring 11. As long as you do not over-scout, or scout in a weird direction, instead of staying circular around your city, yes, you will not need them until you start chapter 9. It is something like 220 completed provinces before you will need orcs, no matter how you have done your scouting.

Karvest

Well, I was talking about
1607361613492.png

10 here already require orcs (it give 11 points per encounter, closest province give 2 as far as I remember from last weekend's bug)

Enevhar Aldarion

Well, I was talking about
View attachment 8425
10 here already require orcs (it give 11 points per encounter, closest province give 2 as far as I remember from last weekend's bug)

Those are not the ring numbers. The ring number is equal to the number of ranking points you earn from completing an encounter. Those numbers are the distance between your city and the province, but does not include the province itself in the count. So you always have to add one to that for the actual ring number.

Lelanya

Using different numbers there and in the ring counter doesn't make sense though...
Undocumented bug? Credit goes to Fckm on US2, he informed me of that shortly after the province overview was released on live.

Enevhar Aldarion

Using different numbers there and in the ring counter doesn't make sense though...

Yep. Been that way ever since they introduced that new way of tracking your provinces. But the original way of counting the rings is still true and it is still documented that way in the Wiki.

Heffernan

You do not need orcs for negotiating until you get to ring 11. As long as you do not over-scout, or scout in a weird direction, instead of staying circular around your city, yes, you will not need them until you start chapter 9. It is something like 220 completed provinces before you will need orcs, no matter how you have done your scouting.
I've been going circular around the city - ring 9 now, would need to start ring 10 to gain next expansion. I've got 165 completed provinces according to research tree counter, so still under 220.
So if I understood correctly I'm safe going into circle 10 which would suit me fine in order to get a couple more expansions from the map.
I'm not planning to go to max, planning to leave some provinces unscouted and some incomplete just in case. Been asking these questions trying to figure out how far I can go before getting bogged.

salandrine

so.I recommend, scout a provinve with a number 10 and have a look at the negotiation. As far as I know, I need Orcs in provinces with number 10 on live.

And its not realated the your open provinces, its realated to the provinces, you already scouted.

Heffernan

Atm I have the worldmap sidelined - have some provinces scouted, some unscouted in ring 9 and not going into ring 10 just yet. I've started moving onwards in research and there are some easy expansions there. Planning to advance until I reach dwarves chapter, tinkering and tweaking the city as I go.
As I said earlier I rather prefer the easier life in my "young" city compared to my main account (still struggling in chapter 15) - and definately not willing to get involved in orcs just yet if at all.

PaNonymeB

And its not realated the your open provinces, its realated to the provinces, you already scouted.
It's only related on how far from your city the province is. There are 222 provinces that don't require orcs.

Heffernan

Ok, this not so much on topic, rather a follow up.

I'm now in the latter half of orc chapter and was checking the research of the next one, "woodelves", and realized that it means that "mana" becomes a factor. So my questions are...

When do the worldmap province encounters require mana, or do they at all ?
And if they do is it right after advanced scout research when the woodelves chapter is open ? Or after some specific research ?
Do the tournament encounters require mana ? and if they do is it triggered by some specific research ? or simply by opening the woodelves chapter ?

SlyLady

And if they do is it right after advanced scout research when the woodelves chapter is open ? Or after some specific research ?
Do the tournament encounters require mana ? and if they do is it triggered by some specific research ? or simply by opening the woodelves chapter ?
My understanding (and I'm not that far along, so it is just info gathered from others) is that whenever a new good is introduced, it is not required for encounters until that chapter ends. The assumption is you have to do the research, build whatever, and start production before it can be required in other manners - and that often takes the rest of the chapter where the good was introduced. This is consistent with the info given above about Orcs - they aren't required until after Orcs end and Woodelves begins.

FieryArien

Ok, this not so much on topic, rather a follow up.

I'm now in the latter half of orc chapter and was checking the research of the next one, "woodelves", and realized that it means that "mana" becomes a factor. So my questions are...

In my last chapter city (live server) at ring no. 16 (encounter gives 16 ranking points) the world map encounters still require only T1, T2, T3 goods and orcs.

More general answer is: If you sort the resources by the time they are introduced (coins and supplies, T1 goods, T2, T3, orcs, mana, seeds, T4 goods, T5, T6, unurium, T7), the answers are:
- The most advanced resource world encounters require is orcs. It depends only on the distance from your city (10th or 11th ring if I remember correctly) , it doesn’t matter if you already got into Orcs chapter or not.
- The most advanced resource tournament encounters require is mana. Here I’m actually not sure what triggers it, but I suppose it happens one chapter after mana is introduced.
- Currently the most advanced resource Spire encounter requires is T6. A new resource is added to Spire always one chapter after it is made available to you - after you research the first technology in the next chapter.

SlyLady

- The most advanced resource world encounters require is orcs. It depends only on the distance from your city (10th or 11th ring if I remember correctly) , it doesn’t matter if you already got into Orcs chapter or not.

Right! Not having gotten that far, I did forget you run into needing Orcs on the world map regardless of whether you have researched them or not. Thank you for pointing that out. :)

Heffernan

This sounds good...
My understanding... is that whenever a new good is introduced, it is not required for encounters until that chapter ends.

And this...
The most advanced resource world encounters require is orcs.
I believe I have the orc situation in control, at least for now.

And then the tournaments...
The most advanced resource tournament encounters require is mana. Here I’m actually not sure what triggers it, but I suppose it happens one chapter after mana is introduced.
If anyone knows more about this I'd be happy to know, this is the point that interests me most.

Oh, the Spire, I forgot to ask...
Currently the most advanced resource Spire encounter requires is T6. A new resource is added to Spire always one chapter after it is made available to you - after you research the first technology in the next chapter.
Well, I'm not exactly enthusiastic climbing up the Spire - I'll fight my way through 4 first chests, then start negotiating and that can get expensive, If mana is requiered it could become a problem.

This is not an imminent problem, I've been dragging my feet in orc chapter, but by the end of summer.
I was lucky with orcs, I upgraded the Witches hut to orc chapter and it started producing orcs long before I actually needed them.
As for mana upgrading Ashen phoenix and Fairy retreat would produce some mana (abt 10k a day) I don't have a clue if that would be anywhere sufficient or not considering the decay, but I really would not want to be stonewalled in tournaments.