• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Notification of Rewards from Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser880

It would be sensible for the game to use the current notification system to alert players when they receive a reward for the completion of an Ancient Wonder, including the reward received and the player whose AW has been completed.

At present it is impossible to identify whose AW has been finished and unless you are online you get no notification at all of any completed AW which you have been rewarded for. In playing Elvenar many players help many other players in advancing their AWs and it is almost impossible to keep track of who rewards are from and which players are not yet complete unless you visit their individual cities.

The current notification system identifies help given to your city and who has taken your trades. In the same way a notification should include the name of the player whose AW is complete and details of the reward received.eg.

(Player Name) - Mountain Halls level 3 - reward - 1 Mountain Halls shard + 5 Knowledge Points

A similar notification should be sent to the player whose AW has completed so that they can upgrade the building.

Impact -
extra notifications
no need for in game message currently sent to players who are online
easier for players to identify that they have received shards and make use of them
clear message to all who have been rewarded of what they have received and from which player
players will be able to start the upgrade of their AWs quicker
less queries to Support for apparently lost rune shards

On a similar topic and equally of concern to many players - it is disappointing that KP rewards are lost if the update to an AW happens when you are offline at that time. For example I go to bed at 11 pm knowing that I will be able to use my 8 KPs in the morning at 7 am. A friends AW completes at 12 midnight giving me 10 KPs which are added to the 1 already gained while I have been away. In the morning 11 KPs are available for me instead of 18 which I should be receiving. I understand that the developers do not want stocks of KPs saved up by players but the rewards should be fully received by the players and not merely lost because of timing.

My suggestion to overcome this is that KP rewards are claimed by players from their notifications (maybe within 24/48 hours) when they are ready, giving them the full benefit due to them rather that the part measures currently received. In the above example this could be shown -

(Player Name) - Mountain Halls level 3 - reward - 1 Mountain Halls shard + 5 Knowledge Points [PRESS HERE TO CLAIM REWARD]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser920

Yes, we should be notified when we receive a rune shard. And also have the visibility on which building we helped.