• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

No Event or No Timer

Ibison2

So, what do we think. They forgot to give us a timer OR since they screwed up last event starting early we get two weeks off.

Biloutte91

On beta, there's no timer because for the moment, there's no event. On lives, there's a timer because there's an event starting on Thursday... That's all.

CiraKelley

Edit: and, of course, right after I post that it may start on Friday, I see an official Elvenar post on Facebook saying the new event for Beta starts next week.
I just looked at that Facebook announcement. I was a little shocked to see that an Elvenar social media moderator is using all caps to reply to players, who are asking for more space.
They responded with the same answer, multiple times, "Yes there are many beautiful building but they are not meant to be kept forever as a showcase. YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO PLACE THEM ALL ! They are made to be changed out as you progress in the game."
Not very friendly or encouraging, I'd say. There were much more friendly and professional ways to communicate changing out our event buildings or even how someone could use royal restoration spells for their favorite event buildings, if you ask me... but then, does anyone at INNO care anymore how we're treated? Do they even want to help the players anymore? Don't think so! :(

TimeMachine

I just looked at that Facebook announcement. I was a little shocked to see that an Elvenar social media moderator is using all caps to reply to players, who are asking for more space.
Not very friendly or encouraging, I'd say
Although this mod's answer is generally right, I do agree with you in that point that it could have been more friendly.
Sometimes it can be hard to be confronted with the same questions over and over again, I guess.

The problem with Caps is, that they can easily be understood as screaming or shouting at people who are reading them.
Maybe it was meant like this, maybe the mod just wanted to raise the visibility of her or his core statement and was not even meant to be unpolite.

Every communication which is just based on written words can easily lead to misunderstandings in general.

Aside from that I think that our beloved Forum Rules are only valid in forum, not at facebook.

In view of their own corporate identiy, INNO should maybe think of a uniformly way to communicate in public.

Last edited:

blackthornraven

Sometimes it can be hard to be confronted with the same questions over and over again, I guess.
I bet it can be annoying (just like any customer service job can be) but that's part of their whole job as a moderator, to help the players. It should be known that players will continuously make the same statements. They should also know not to use caps when responding as an INNO representative. I can see several people were shocked by the moderator's replies on FB. I am too. It feels like you're being yelled at and responded to like the player is stupid for saying anything about not having enough space in their town. We've lost the plot somewhere along the way where people (mods, players and inno paid employees) are more bitter and condescending than friendly and helpful these days.

Lelanya

Although this mod's answer is generally right, I do agree with you in that point that it could have been more friendly.

The problem with Caps is, that they can easily be understood as screaming or shouting at people who are reading them.
Maybe it was meant like this, maybe the mod just wanted to raise the visibility of her or his core statement and was not even meant to be unpolite.

Every communication which is just based on written words can easily lead to misunderstandings in general.

Aside from that I think that our beloved Forum Rules are only valid in forum, not at facebook.

In view of their own corporate identiy, INNO should maybe think of a uniformly way to communicate in public.
Hey hon
I love your points, but do want to mention that, as a FB Moderator of an Elvenar group, we used Forum rules as a general guideline ourselves. "If you can't say it on the Forum, you probably shouldn't say it here either."

Lelanya

But to add to the conversation. As a Moderator, the other issue is, if it makes  me feel uncomfortable to read the post then at the very least the comment(s) should be hidden and discussed with the rest of the team.
So as to whom would oversee the Moderator of the official Elvenar FB group, I really don't know, and I pay attention to this sort of thing. @Deadeye Jerry, have you any thoughts?

Biloutte91

For your information, facebook Elvenar moderators are not paid, so it's not a JOB. They are volunteers. And I can understand that from time to time they get tired of answering the same thing over and over again.

CiraKelley

For your information, some of the social media mods are volunteers. Not all of them are volunteers.
Also, I’m well aware of the requirements to do such voluntary work.
They still need to follow Inno rules and expectations as volunteers, even when they may be annoyed with repeated questions and statements.
I won’t say anymore about how much I know.
I get what you’re meaning by defending voluntary mods… believe me, I know what a difficult freelance job it can be working for Inno/Elvenar.
But it is what they applied to do, to help customers. It does get tiring and tedious but that’s the job.
Tone matters and in this instance, reading all caps sounds a bit aggressive. This is to bring it to their attention, to learn from it and move forward.
Not something worth arguing over between players. :)
I agree with you but also think things are getting out of hand lately with this game and the attitudes as a result of changes that have/are happening in the game.
Inno management decisions are not the fault of players or the mods.
Let’s all breath and get back to having a productive, friendly community. That’s what Elvenar is all about.. :) :) :)

Last edited: