• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[New Feature] Vanity for Diamonds!

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser580

Summary
Implement ways to change the appearance of your city/buildings/avatar etcetera by spending diamonds.

Description
- I would like to see some different designs for the ground of my city. Maybe I can buy a snow landscape, or a tropical landscape, a beast landscape, an undead landscape.

- I would like to see a special frame around my avatar

- Avatar Pictures can be changed/bought

- The city on the worldmap maybe changeable or adding a frame --> more visitors on my city

- Change skin of military units --> Sword Dancer different skins in fighting screen

- Change design of all the UI --> Orc Style, Undead Style, Mage Style ... dont know

- Change Mouse Arrow

Motivation

First of all I hate pay2win. The modell you do is a perfect way to show how it should be done. I could play FoE 2 years without paying anything and I still had so much fun playing it. And I didnt feel that I had a big disadvantage. Due to that point, I started to pay and bought just minor things in FoE and still feel good for contributing to a game modell like you do.

For Elvenar you doing the same thing. I like that. But I totally miss opportunities to spend some money. I want to give some suggestions for ways, you can include some paying content without harm the non spenders. Just vanity stuff for themself.

Lots of players love to customize there favorit game in a way they like it. No one will get a advantage through these things and Innogames can get some Diamands. :)

Possible downsides
Every design should fit with all buildings, chapters and events. This means it would cost some effort in designing, but if a lot of players want to use it, it might be worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I frequently buy vanity items / costumes etc. in MMO's like Secret World & Everquest but wouldn't here. If this is in addition to the current diamond system then I'd rather be buying extra expansions than vanity things.

DeletedUser580

Yeah thats the thing. Its up to you and not important. But some players probably will love it. :)

ThaMartin

For me personally: I wouldn't spend diamonds on such things (never done so in other games as well) but if there IS a market for it, I think it would be easy money voor Innogames so yeah, why not? Just as long as it doesn't take developer's time away from fixing bugs, implementing new features etcetera :p

DeletedUser580

*push up* ... I still want different city grounds. At least summer, autumn, winter, spring ground :p

DeletedUser1095

I'd like to have a few different styles of building to choose from - especially in the later eras some of the existing ones look hideous to me, which seriously erodes any motivation to advance further in the game.

DeletedUser283

I would not spend diamonds on these, but I am ok with the idea, just in case some players are into vanity :p

Buttrflwr

I especially like the avatar option. There isn't enough choice on those now. I vote yes please...IF it doesn't take away from time making the game more functional...aesthetics has never really been a problem with this game, it is beautiful on its own. :)

SoggyShorts

I would not spend diamonds on these, but I am ok with the idea, just in case some players are into vanity :p
As crazy as it sounds this might be the only thing I'd spend money on. My problem with FTP games has always been that once I open my wallet I no longer feel that there is any challenge for me. Having a way to show my support that doesn't trivialize the game would be great.

DeletedUser1596

I haven't been spending my diamonds for some time, because there is nothing interesting to spend on. So if the prices are right, then I will spend some.

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirements of 20 voters and 80% of the voters in favor of the idea, so we'll have to archive this thread now :)