• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Neighborly Help Improvements

• Thread starter Deleted User - 56274
  • Start date

Deleted User - 56274

I had originally posted this on the US Server here - https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/neighborly-help-improvements.1378/

Reposting it here because I still think it is a worthwhile idea.

One of the biggest chores of Elvenar is neighborly visits to neighbors and fellowship members. Even active players do not always want to go to the trouble of visiting. One of the motivating factors is self-interest. I know when I am low on gold I am more prone to visiting anyone and everyone.
To encourage daily visits I would suggest the following:

1) Every day the Player A visits Player B, player A receives increasing rewards.
Such as:
Day 1 = gold
Day 2 = gold & supplies
Day 3 = gold & supplies at 100%+x%
Day 4 = gold & supplies & x non-boosted basic good
day 5 = gold & supplies & both non-boosted basic goods
day 6 = gold & supplies & x non-boosted crafted good
day 7 = gold & supplies & both non-boosted crafted goods
This resets back to day 1 after x many days.
2) Synergistic effect for players regularly visiting one another. So if Player A and Player B visit each other on a daily basis they get a synergistic effect of x% boost to their daily visit awards. (The gold and supplies are boosted by x% that each player receives from the visit.)
3) Reset visits at a specific time of day rather than simply 23 hours after the last visit. Sometimes you skip because you had to be late visiting one day and cannot do them at time when you are playing the next, so this would allow us to be able to visit during any given day.

I think that changing to rewarding a player for visiting regularly places control back into the player's hands as then they can decide how often to visit. Right now, even with an active fellowship, not everyone is inclined to make visits and giving a cumulative synergistic effect between players rather than a standard bonus of supplies would encourage players to more regularly visit one another, especially other players that regularly visit them.

Thanks

DeletedUser575

I agree with you Kasia. The only problem with your suggestion is, as it stands now, players are severely restricted in the amount of coin and supplies they can accumulate. My main hall is presently at level 15 and I am limited to a maximum of 4,400,000 of coin and I am usually maxed out at this level. A lot of the time I receive no benefit from aiding someone, but I do it because it's the right thing to do. I will have to wait until I reach the Dwarven Style Main Hall to be able to upgrade and the increase almost isn't worth it.

I wish they would remove the limits like in FoE. If the did that then your proposal would really be spectacular.

We have one member of our fellowship who has NEVER aided or participated in a trade. We only keep 'him' because he has a high game point value.

DeletedUser

I don't much desire greater reward for visiting so much as I would appreciate an easier and quicker system to get through the group. It's too many clicks right now no matter how efficiently you route it and it just takes too long.

DeletedUser

Basically idea of this topic isn't bad and is quite common across such games, however it still need polishing. More you play, less important some things become. Especially Coins. They are flooding your Main Hall. So it is important what you want to give in cycle. For many it may be more important than idea itself.

@Aragon-V Really? Keeping player only because of its ranking points? On live server I currently look for new active player for brotherhood. To free place we drop top player, but inactive. There are some priorities. For good brotherhood ranking is much less important than balance and active members. And thus top but lazy are also removed. You have to decide what is really important. Keeping member who maybe have high number of points but don't trade, don't visit others and generally is inactive, or maybe looking for having less points but sharing its resources produced and participating in brotherhood life in many areas. Sorry, but for me it is obvious that lone wolfs can play alone if they are so good ;) Such people are in fact killers of brotherhoods. Ranking is not having impact on game. Even newcomers after short time they realize it is not giving any profits and they chill out :) If for some people ranking is important - it is their choice. But inside brotherhood Archmage opinion is less important than overall condition of brotherhood. Stupid choices can easily blow it and people will join different one. Many times those not belonging to top are better than those high ranked. With active help you can easily push players from beginner to medium in active guild. It is nothing unusual to, for example, pump player from 10k to 30k in less than month. Only active, high ranked players are needed for this. Few of them, sharing tips on chat, accepting newcomers no-star trades and it will rocket in ranking.

DeletedUser575

@thekandor It is a group decision to retain this member. We are playing in Beta 1. We are not at full strength at present and have not been very difficult to recruit new members. One thing that may make potential new members reluctant to join is that we are a 'global' fellowship and have members scattered all over the globe and, for a lot of them, English is not their first language and this aspect may keep new players away as they may not feel comfortable communicating in English. Our manifesto says that the fellowship exists to provide "what ever help is needed for all members to progress in the game and have fun playing". Toward that end, one of our biggest policies is that our more advanced members be willing to accept 'unfair' trades from lower ranked members with the intent of helping those lower ranked members advance.

@avarron I believe what you are looking for is something akin to the 'AID' button in FoE.

Frankly, I don't find it that difficult or time consuming to aid my fellow members. At worst, there are only 25 of them. I also play in FoE and there, between "Friends", "Guild members" and "Neighbors" you could be dealing with more than 200 players so 25 ain't so bad, eh? Even in FoE I would not use the Aid button but visit my Friends and Guild members (unless there were a large number of them) so as to place my aid so that it be of largest value to the player I was aiding and that does take a bit of time, but I feel it worth the effort.

DeletedUser575

@thekandor: My apologies. The line in my reply was supposed to have read "......and have found it very difficult to recruit new members"

DeletedUser

@Aragon-V Not a problem :) I also encourage low point members to put no-star trades on market, inform about limits, give a lot of feedback about mechanic of game, tips about economy and battling. Simply - share any knowledge I gathered :) Not all of peoples are active. Some only trade, some only visit others. some are active on chat. Even one activity is enough. I know people are sometimes hard to replace, but for example I also drop inactive people regardless of brotherhood members number. Thus I play in not full squad. During search we as a brotherhood, aren't afraid to drop lazy members. Ranking is not important, so if we are 100 or 50 doesn't matter :)

DeletedUser575

As we add members we usually contact inactive members and inform them that if they don't respond to the inquiry within the specified time they will be expelled from the fellowship. I don't know how many invitations I have sent only to have them ignored. I also contact the 'invitee' at the time I sent the invite and explain what we are all about and why we would like to have them join. So it ain't from lack of trying. About once a month or so I will scout around the world map and pick a few likely prospects and present them to the fellowship for approval. We are a democratic fellowship so everyone has a say in what goes on. I am one of the charter members of the fellowship.

Deleted User - 56274

While I understand for higher ranked/end chapter players the benefits may not be as great, for many newer players there is a very long road ahead of them to get to a point where gold and supplies no longer matter, let alone other trade goods. And there isn't any reason that the rewards couldn't change based on what chapter a player was currently in similar to quests.

The main gist is to reward player action vs. reaction.

DeletedUser867

And there isn't any reason that the rewards couldn't change based on what chapter a player was currently in similar to quests.
The rewards that you get from visiting the neighbors is based on the level of YOUR OWN Main Hall,
so in practice we already have a changing reward that's based on the player's chapter.

DeletedUser575

@Katwijk : You are correct, I still would like to see them remove the "Cap" on how much coin and supplies you can collect at any given level. A lot of players might feel that if aiding someone is not going to benefit them because they are maxed out on coins/supplies then why should they take the effort to aid at all. Myself, I aid all of my fellowship members as often as I can because that's what the fellowship is for. I also aid players I have discovered outside the fellowship if they have aided me within the last 24 hrs because I can always use the additional supplies it brings even if there is no monetary value in it. But that's just me.

Live long and prosper.

DeletedUser1596

I wouldn't remove the cap completely, because it ruins the game economy. After saving my first billion in FOE I stopped caring about any price. :)

DeletedUser575

My point is that with the caps as they are, if a player has maxed out, there is little incentive to take the time to visit other players and aid them if there is no return on investment other than the warm feeling you get from giving. Same thing with contributing to wonders and great buildings in FoE. The top 5 contributors get rewarded, the rest have to settle for the warm feeling. Besides there are other things involved that are more difficult to manage than coin. I just think that if you earn it, you should get to keep it.