• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Need rules in order to bug report

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser651

I have no idea what is a bug or not in these tournaments unless we understand what is supposed to happen.

For example, some provinces on level 2 I get 2kp others I get 4kp as a reward. All my provinces unlocked at the same time even though I hadn't done many of them until late in the day. And 4 more provinces are unlocked on level 1 though I hadn't touched those at all. Are any of these bugs?

Negotiating costs are all over the map as are the battles. Are they supposed to go up per tournament or are giant leaps normal? From 200 steel to 2400 steel?

DeletedUser867

Are they supposed to go up per tournament or are giant leaps normal?
The tournament costs are definitely tied to the ring distance. They're even presented in sequence, ring-by-ring, starting in the 11 o'clock position on a new ring, and then proceeding clockwise.

The prices are tuned (and are being retuned) to be of medium difficulty, but the price progression algorithm is the same quadratic sequence, based on the number of scouted/acquired/tournamented sectors, with a cost jump for each new ring. On the FIRST pass you have to do the Tournaments in sequence, but on subsequent rounds you can skip around. Right now the timer for subsequent rounds seems to be set at 10 hours, with each tournament considered separately.

The pricing, and the awards, also climb for subsequent rounds. I'm not even close to nailing down the details, but I couldn't possibly ask for a better venue, than Tournaments, for running and repeating some controlled experiments.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser651

Are you a moderator here now? Is this information correct? Subsequent rounds timers are only 10 hours? Since when? This is new.

Cost jump is one thing. Going from 5 steel to 1500 is another. But I don't know what is normal and what isn't. It would be nice to have some sort of list so that we can tell if something is a mistake or intended.

I also don't understand the rewards. Why are some people getting 4kp, others 6kp and still others only 2kp when we are all talking about doing level two on tournament 2? What changes the reward?

DeletedUser408

Katwijk.
I just tested your theory after 1st pass torunamants 15 thru 17 open for me i did all encounters adn timer is still set at 20hrs, so not sure how you get 10 hrs timers unless i am missing something

DeletedUser867

It's 20 hours now. I don't know if that's new, or I just looked at something crooked.

It was always 20 hours (wow, that sounds as if we've had tournaments for forever already). :)

Also, this is not a bug but a request for more information, which is probably better suited in the Questions forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.