• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Multiple production

Status
Not open for further replies.

primrosegina

My new multiple production on manufacturing does not work. It will product 2 for some things and only a single for others. Never the full amount

Earwen1

This is the kind of feature that makes me move from "Yes! Great!" to "Uhh.. mweh..."

Your Inno techies know how to code this feature so that all factories of the same kind can be turned on, no matter the level. You did that with workshops since I can remember. So, I don't really see the need to keep that piece of code away from our factories.

In beta I have (for example) 5 steel factories, all on different levels as it takes some effort to collect populations for them to level up. Why would Inno have the urge to build a feature to start them all, but only if they are at the same level?

Please, explain to us the logical reason for that?

Karvest

There were many reasons invented for that in discussion thread, but who knows what was in their mind when they've done it. =)

Pauly7

I think the main issue is regarding sentient productions, where a manufactory essentially becomes something else once it can produce sentient goods. So if you have a bunch of L1 manus for an FA, you couldn't auto-start everything including your big manus, all making 2 day productions, for example. There would be ways around that, but I think that's the thing.

SoggyShorts

I think the main issue is regarding sentient productions, where a manufactory essentially becomes something else once it can produce sentient goods. So if you have a bunch of L1 manus for an FA, you couldn't auto-start everything including your big manus, all making 2 day productions, for example. There would be ways around that, but I think that's the thing.
They should be able to work around this by just labeling them as separate buildings though, right?
The game knows when a building is your non-boosted, you even get a pop-up if you try to build one now so if workshops and steel factories can be on different lists then boosted and non-boosted(sentient) can be different too. Fo the 48h difference, again a different list for factories over/under L24

Pauly7

They should be able to work around this by just labeling them as separate buildings though, right?
Yeah, absolutely. There's ways round it. Click on a sentient manu and you can only start productions on all sentient manus. Click on a non-sentient one and start all those. Right now the multi-select treats every single level as a different building, which surely isn't necessary.

Earwen1

Yeah, absolutely. There's ways round it. Click on a sentient manu and you can only start productions on all sentient manus. Click on a non-sentient one and start all those. Right now the multi-select treats every single level as a different building, which surely isn't necessary.
Yes. Just that simple.

CrazyWizard

The game knows when a building is your non-boosted, you even get a pop-up if you try to build one now so if workshops and steel factories can be on different lists then boosted and non-boosted(sentient) can be different too. Fo the 48h difference, again a different list for factories over/under L24

There is always a workaround for everything.
In the end it's a cost vs reward thing.

if they can implement this in 5 hours work vs the solution in 100 hours work then we probebly would not have gotten it.
It's a QoL feature with little reward for inno. so they are not going to invest many workhours into it.

If this is what was needed to make it happen, I rather take what we have gotten to none at all.
Whatever the issue is, it was most likely to complicated and to expensive to solve.

It's just for us to adjust to the limitation and not own 7 factories on 7 different levels.
Level up gradually all at the same time so that you never have more than 2 different ones.

SoggyShorts

if they can implement this in 5 hours work vs the solution in 100 hours work then we probebly would not have gotten it.
You blur the issue with exaggeration here. It's probably more like a 5h vs 7h difference.
It's just for us to adjust to the limitation and not own 7 factories on 7 different levels.
Level up gradually all at the same time so that you never have more than 2 different ones.
With chapter 20 players are basically going to have all 9 factories plus workshops.

Have you checked out other mobile games? Many of them have this sort of feature and have for years. The future of this kind of gaming is mobile and Elvenar has been behind for years.
Even more damning, have you checked out any indie games? Studios with 3 guys working in their mom's basement making incredible games with massive updates and sweeping improvements vs Inno's 400+ employees with revenues over $200,000,000 per year.

I think we can ask for a little more.

CrazyWizard

You blur the issue with exaggeration here. It's probably more like a 5h vs 7h difference.

With chapter 20 players are basically going to have all 9 factories plus workshops.

Have you checked out other mobile games? Many of them have this sort of feature and have for years. The future of this kind of gaming is mobile and Elvenar has been behind for years.
Even more damning, have you checked out any indie games? Studios with 3 guys working in their mom's basement making incredible games with massive updates and sweeping improvements vs Inno's 400+ employees with revenues over $200,000,000 per year.

I think we can ask for a little more.
Those 3 it's a passion project with near zero overhead.

400 people means loads managers, data analists ect.
They do not like to decide we do this or that. they debate for 20+ workhours if your allowed to spend 3 hours on something.
I do not believe it was a 5 vs 7 hour thing. because in that case they would not have given up on it.
It's most likely some stupidity from the past thats haunting them.

Those 3 look ahead in programming they have a plan and a vision, they are also the ones who work on it in the future so the consider "how can me made our code clean and extendable". how to properly document it.

Those who are management only care how quick and dirty you can implement it if they give you 4 hours ans you do it in 3 it works but it's horrible coding your the best, if they afford 4 hours, you want do a good job but it takes 5 you get fired.
After 4 years of such management you have a shitload of skeletons in the closeth as everything is coded crappy. scrum and agile is dirt cheap but not really delevering good work.
You always look to get it done in the limited time you have instead of looking and planning ahead for the next several years.

btw FoE has something similar but then with using premium currency to quickly harves everything and so. 20 premium currency or so.
So it surely is possible.

SoggyShorts

FoE has something similar
Unreal. This has got to be the 20th time I've read about yet another feature that a different game from the same company has which Elvenar does not.
The art crew on Elvenar should get a huge raise since they're the only thing holding this ship above water.

Last edited:

Marindor

Hi guys,

Please use the feedback thread for any feedback and not archived bug reports, to prevent valuable feedback from getting lost. I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.