• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Multiple errors in quest window on app

C-Nymph

Game version: N/A
HTML5: N/A
HTML5 Yes/No: N/A
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: iOS Version 1.116.2-c824643-256 (zz 1.118)
Flash Player version: N/A
Operating System or Mobile Device: Mobile Device
Screen resolution: N/A
Account name: C-Nymph
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: ?/5 Don’t know as I can’t reshuffle since the shuffle button doesn’t work (see also my reply here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...ouble-reward-are-not-usable.15835/#post-93249).
Logging out and back in at least doesn’t fix the issue. Closing the app completely and reopening doesn’t help either. I have the latest update of the game.

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
- After first shuffle of the board the clickable icons appearing are old ones from the May celebrations event.
- At the same time some white blocks appeared, one on the postal keys icon showing how many keys I have and four more just above the shuffle board.
- Additionally; the green plus sign next to the keys (to add keys with diamonds) is not clickable, at least nothing happens when I click it.
- Furthermore; the grand prizes show two big question marks instead of prizes. They are clickable, but when I click those (or the button that says “evolutions”), a screen appears showing a big white block and partial info of the May celebrations event
- And lastly; clicking on the information button (‘i’ sign) on that window opens the information for the evolutions of the Festive May Tree.

Expected situation:
- After shuffling the board postal boxes should appear in which I can fit my postal keys.
- No white blocks should be visible, and the postal keys icon should be showing
- The plus sign should be clickable to add more keys
- The grand prizes should be visible and upon clicking, it should prompt a window with the correct information for this event’s grand prize(s)
- When clicking the information button, information about this event’s evolutions for the Watchful Winter Owl

Reproduction Steps
1. Open quest window for first time since new daily reward
2. Click the shuffle button to shuffle the board
3. Observe wrong icons
4. Observe white blocks
5. Observe question marks
7. Click on green plus to observe nothing happening
6. When clicking on question mark (grand prize) or evolutions button, observe screen showing part of an artifact for the Festive May Tree and a big white block
7. When clicking on information button observe information about the Festive May Tree evolutions

Screenshots of the bug:
4BC74B5A-A383-46E7-8466-FE18F5AF534D.png
6C31E71A-09BD-481B-8496-F94EB5696B2E.png
CC7A4E95-5CC3-4BCF-AECE-A7F13A7DF6D5.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser3314

You need App version 1.117.x for Winter Magic Event, see announcement:
App version 1.117 is required for the event to function properly.

C-Nymph

I checked my app store; it said there were no updates...? See screenshot, when an update is available, it says “update”, if the latest available version is installed it says “open”.
422E0D5B-6C0E-4389-8DAF-69E50D01819D.jpeg
And always when I log into beta on the mobile app, if there is a new version needed it prompts a screen “update needed” which redirects me to the App Store without being able to even log in. So it’s weird that it appears I have the wrong version while there seems to be no update available.

(Edit: Btw; I am running version 1.118 for beta, as is visible in my bug report.)

Last edited:

FieryArien

(Edit: Btw; I am running version 1.118 for beta, as is visible in my bug report.)
Browser/IOS/Android + version: iOS Version 1.116.2-c824643-256 (zz 1.118)
If I’m not mistaken, that “zz” part shows the version running on the server, not client. The client version in your quote is actually 1.116.2 which is too old for the event.
This is super weird, your AppStore says 1.117.2 and the game says 1.116.2. If this would happen to me, I’d delete the game and install it anew.

Deleted User - 86059

@C-Nymph your edit quotes what browser Beta is running, app version is always a bit behind as your app store version is 1.117.2 which is the correct version to play the event. Have you tried cleaning your IOS?
To clean IOS device lightly go to move the screen and all used screens will show in the middle of the screen, flick each used screen up and it will reset all the open screens (cleaning them) and then try logging in again
That is the IOS clear cache mode

C-Nymph

@C-Nymph your edit quotes what browser Beta is running, app version is always a bit behind as your app store version is 1.117.2 which is the correct version to play the event. Have you tried cleaning your IOS?
To clean IOS device lightly go to move the screen and all used screens will show in the middle of the screen, flick each used screen up and it will reset all the open screens (cleaning them) and then try logging in again
That is the IOS clear cache mode
Thank you, I indeed tried that, yes. Didn't work sadly. Even powered off my phone and rebooted, that didn't change anything either. It still shows the May event stuff.

Edit after reading your reply about the shuffle button on the other thread: that also still doesn't show up as usable, after cash was cleared.

Edit 2:
This is super weird, your AppStore says 1.117.2 and the game says 1.116.2. If this would happen to me, I’d delete the game and install it anew.
Trying this now.

Edit 3: Well that at least fixed the version issue, it's now correctly showing version 1.117.2-d7cb5c6-256 (zz 1.118). Currently downloading extra assets (as beta requires extra assets to show the owl login screen and other event stuff which live doesn't have), so hoping that will fix the weird issue with the May Event stuff appearing.

Edit 4: Third additional download of assets started already, this is going to take a while, currently downloading 1 GB (!) of additional assets. Why isn't this just included in the clean version 1.117 install?? Going to make some lunch in the mean time, as this download will take an estimated 30-45 minutes... Hope to come back with the last edit telling you all it's fixed.

Edit 5: Finally... after all that, I now have a normal working event window! And a working shuffle button too!

(Thanks @FieryArien for the suggestion of deleting the app entirely)

Consider this case solved.

Last edited: