• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Moving Extensions

DeletedUser260

I think many of us are changing the city layout from time to time. So it would be nice that not only the buildings but the extensions could be moved too.

To move an extension it has to be completely empty without anything build on it.

This will help very much when rebuilding and will meet half way the wish to get a complete building area from the start.

DeletedUser157

-1 I find this will make the game too easy. I like the current system where you need to plan everything carefully.

DeletedUser260

Especially for new players it could be very frustrating to see that they have build one extension on the wrong place althought they "planned everything" carefully. But if they come to the moment when buildings get bigger they see that it would be better to align the city orientation from North to South instead of West to East. So they will stop the game and start new again.

To be not to easy or cheap you have to give back the extension and then buy and pay for it again as if you get a new extension from research.

DeletedUser

Especially for new players it could be very frustrating to see that they have build one extension on the wrong place althought they "planned everything" carefully. But if they come to the moment when buildings get bigger they see that it would be better to align the city orientation from North to South instead of West to East. So they will stop the game and start new again.

To be not to easy or cheap you have to give back the extension and then buy and pay for it again as if you get a new extension from research.

Then they didn't plan everything carefully, did they? If you placed an expansion in the wrong place, work your way to the next one and place it where you want to have it. Every building will give you the information you need regarding the amount of space it needs after an upgrade, so if you have 1 expansion you want to place and you want to use it to upgrade residences for example, or place a new building, check how much space it needs upfront so you won't make a mistake.

DeletedUser436

I wouldnt mind beeing able to temporarly remove all buildings so you can replan your current town.

DeletedUser118

It just happend to me that I accidently misplaced an expasion so now its kinda wasted. I can see the point that rearranging them would make the game a lil easy but on the other hand I paid a nice amount of goods and supplies for it and now I cannot use it all, as it takes quite a while till I get another one to combine them. So I can only support the idea that expansions should be movable, of course only if they are completely empty.

DeletedUser58

I don't think I would support this. I understand where it's coming from and to some degree I like it, but then from another point of view I dislike it and I'm leaning more toward the latter.

DeletedUser236

I think this idea will ruin the planning aspect of the game and will make it too easy.. Maybe a confirmation after placing your extension can solve the misplaced expansion problem... But if people are really into the idea of moving expansions then make it limited and expensive to do..

DeletedUser205

One night I listened into the deep of my soul and at the end I heard:
I rearrange a lot in my city and this is the main fun for me in this game (now, as fighting is waiting for better army most of the time).
What is my fun? planing ahead, calculate, find clever movingstrategies etc.
To make all this easier than it is now, is not what I want really.
Of cause, if I make a mistake and curse some minutes - I wish to have a redo-Button in that moment ;-)
But no, to easy means less fun to me

DeletedUser

Maybe a few seconds to re-place wrongly placed expansion the first time we place might be a good idea ...but not in favor of changing once placed expansions... because mistakes do happen while moving your mouse with the expansion and that might be necessary to be corrected but the main mechanics of the game that is strategy and better space usage should not be changed IMHO...

DeletedUser236

Maybe a few seconds to re-place wrongly placed expansion the first time we place might be a good idea ...but not in favor of changing once placed expansions... because mistakes do happen while moving your mouse with the expansion and that might be necessary to be corrected but the main mechanics of the game that is strategy and better space usage should not be changed IMHO...

Something along the lines of: as long as you haven't build anything on it yet you're able to re- place it? :)

DeletedUser205

yes, there I could agree. As long as no building is on the expansion and for a short time (to redo placing by mistake of mousehandling)

DeletedUser

Something along the lines of: as long as you haven't build anything on it yet you're able to re- place it? :)
No No ... the issue of building anything never arises ...Just immediately the moment u place a new expansion there will be a timer with maybe 5-10 secs for us to relocate the expansion placed ...once the timer's done its fixed .... No questions of building anything on it ... Just allowing to correct if any mistakes happen ... is all ...thats what was my suggestion ...

DeletedUser

I don't care whether you get the possibility or not. I am an improviser, I read a lot of you carefully plan. Hurray and all that but if there are players who would want to have their city different than let them have it. I won't use it, the guys who talked about this topic said what they would want. But, one but the people who react are the people smart enough to support Elvanar.

DeletedUser

I'm neutral .
At the same time it would make the game too easy but it is true that it is a good idea.