• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle More squads researchable

DeletedUser778

Since a lot of players are complaining about the significant increase in batlle difficulty and I start to notice it too, I was thinking about why not give us the possibility to at least even out the maximum of squads in an encounter and put 3 researches in the last third of the techtree which gives us the oportunity to have 8 squads too in the end when all 3 are researched.

DeletedUser580

Or maybe another building like the armory but with which you can increase the amount of units you can bring to a fight :)

DeletedUser967

I'm not support idea with new technology in tree but some new building for that could be fine. Some like armory where you can get more units to actuall squad in fights. Increased value in armory from level to level is good and I think the same could be great for more units.
Obviously this building should not be available in early stage - on this stage you can win in all provinces with your actually size army but in ending stage that could be problematic as I can guess from other topics on this forum. New technology for this building between 75% - 90% of actual tree could be good.

DeletedUser867

There needs to be SOME sort of limit that prevents folks from exploring the entire map, and "earning" an unlimited number of Knowledge Points.

If you rushed through your early provinces, and now you're sucking wind because you can't afford the losses and/or the goods associated with the relic quests, then I'd regard that as a strategic pacing issue. Haste makes Waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

maybe, yes
now in this case the game becomes boring
if there is no more fighting option and all is left is collecting and helping, without any new content to chew on, this is a real disaster (talking about gaming experience here)

to support the suggestion, here is what I wrote in a duplicate one I mistakenly created y-day :

as I am currently clearing distance 8 provinces, I find that it gets more and more difficult to win an encounter when the opponent has 8 squads on the battlefield;
this situation is really unbalanced at this point, and we need more than just 5 squads to stand against such armies;
several enemy squads can easily surround one of mine and dispatch it by dealing multiple strikes; retaliation becomes almost impossible then;
my 5 squads are very busy trying to down so many opponents and their job is almost unachievable;
I rather fight than negotiate, and it is really frustrating to enter the battlefield in such a configuration, where defeat is the only possible outcome.

DeletedUser967

In my opinion, if we want new squad sizes then not do that in tech tree but using new buildings for that, BUT in tech tree we can discover hmmm.... YES, new slot for our army. That could be not much but hard to do, expensive and not often... For example 1 slot per 1/2 'ages' but NEVER for diamonds. Then donators could have really big superiority over others.

It's just my dream....:rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:

DeletedUser283

this morning, I tried to fight an encounter in a distance 9 magic dust province
my 5 squads had to face 7 (seven) enemy squads !
3 knights, 3 necromancers and 1 archer
I did everything I could but my treants were wiped out quite quickly without being able to retaliate that much and I abandoned the fight when the seven enemy squads, almost untouched by the few blows I could deal, started attacking my sorceresses;
I hate having to negotiate an encounter;
I hate being defeated because the game developers think it is fun to have us overpowered by enemy forces in excess;
we need more than just 5 battlefield squads !

DeletedUser629

Here's what i would do. When i have to face necromancers i never bring treants to the fight. I get why you did it because necromancers don't have a bonus vs heavy melee. Treants however, only have a bonus vs light melee, and you're not fighting light melee. I would bring 3 squads of golem II and 2 squads of sorceresses. The necromancer may have a 60% bonus vs heavy ranged, but they get killed fast by golem II. You can use the sorceresses to curse the necromancers to reduces their damage done. Golem II has a massive 80% bonus vs heavy melee, those knights don't stand a chance. Witht their 40% defense bonus vs short ranged, that squad of archers won't do much harm either. Go for the necromancers first because their curse is nasty. When that's done, you can kill the knights, and golem II kills a lot of them each turn, plus their own spell will increase the damage of the next golem II attack. Your sorceresses can keep cursing the knights so they won't do much damage. That squad of archers can come last since both your units have a good defense against it.

But i agree that sometimes, the enemy is way too overpowered. A slightly bigger battlefield would help too, because sometimes i can't move my units at the start of the battle because of obstacles, giving the enemy the chance to strike first, and they do hit hard sometimes.