• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle More military unit boosts(Unleashed Unit Upgrade, etc) at crafting

goldenflower

With all the increased demands in tournaments and the Spire we need any boost we can get. However, I did not have any unit booster recipe showing in my Crafting. A quick check with other players verified that this is the norm. Yet, I have at least one useless relic recipe and one coin or production drop per rotation.
Also, can we have some recipes to help us utilizing all those broken shards awarded to the tournament?

SoggyShorts

I did not have any unit booster recipe showing in my Crafting.
Also, can we have some recipes to help us utilizing all those broken shards awarded to the tournament?
These don't work together. If you want the military recipes to come more often you shouldn't ask them to add more other recipes to the pool.

It is normal for catering players to spend 50 or 100 diamonds on 50/50 guesses in the spire each week, so maybe it's expected that fighters flip the MA once or twice to see more boosters?

Also, are you putting down your military buildings on a Friday so that you can use them for 2 spires?

goldenflower

These don't work together. If you want the military recipes to come more often you shouldn't ask them to add more other recipes to the pool.

It is normal for catering players to spend 50 or 100 diamonds on 50/50 guesses in the spire each week, so maybe it's expected that fighters flip the MA once or twice to see more boosters?

Also, are you putting down your military buildings on a Friday so that you can use them for 2 spires?

No, I put them down late Tuesday and they last for 5 days so I have Sunday mornings at the Spire. Secondly the word "also" is frequently used to tie a non sequitur comment in English. Thirdly we have 5 recipes changed in a 6-hour rotation, I am sure there is space to fit both more bosts and broken shard using ones if they take out a few relic recipes.

SoggyShorts

No, I put them down late Tuesday and they last for 5 days so I have Sunday mornings at the Spire.
Does that mean you only have them down for every second tournament, or are you using twice as many as needed?
Placing them every second Friday gives you boost utility for at least 2 rounds of 2 tournaments and 2 full spires effectively doubling your 5-day sustainability.
Secondly the word "also" is frequently used to tie a non sequitur comment in English.
It may seem a non-sequitur if you can't make the intuitive leap.
You know what they say:
"There are two types of people,
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Thirdly we have 5 recipes changed in a 6-hour rotation, I am sure there is space to fit both more bosts and broken shard using ones if they take out a few relic recipes.
Of course, there is "room", but unless you remove/replace recipes anything added dilutes the pool. If your suggestion is to remove relics as you said in your...rebuttal? then simply state that in your proposal.

CrazyWizard

Does that mean you only have them down for every second tournament, or are you using twice as many as needed?
Placing them every second Friday gives you boost utility for at least 2 rounds of 2 tournaments and 2 full spires effectively doubling your 5-day sustainability.

It may seem a non-sequitur if you can't make the intuitive leap.
You know what they say:
"There are two types of people,
1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Of course, there is "room", but unless you remove/replace recipes anything added dilutes the pool. If your suggestion is to remove relics as you said in your...rebuttal? then simply state that in your proposal.

not everyone had a big timewarp to complement this.

CrazyWizard

With all the increased demands in tournaments and the Spire we need any boost we can get. However, I did not have any unit booster recipe showing in my Crafting. A quick check with other players verified that this is the norm. Yet, I have at least one useless relic recipe and one coin or production drop per rotation.

There is 1 slot dedicated to buildings,
Make sure you craft every "only once" building so there are more opportunities for the combat boosters to com by.

RNG is RNG, you got highs and you got lows.

If you did you homework (see all 20 recipes every day, and removed all single time items) the long term average is ~1 UUU 1.5 mage and 1.5 LR every week.

if you build up a stock of lets say 10 of each, then these are the contraints you have to work with, and you have to select how you like to spend these boosters.
These are the long term averages I have seen for the past 1 year? since the last crafting modification to a model with 1 building slot.

I like to point out averages, there are weeks I see none and there are weeks I see way more. thats RNG, and you have to smooth those waves of good and bad luck with a "stock".

The main issue is people love and think when luck high is that thats the norm and they start using more of them instead of saving them for bad times,
When luck is down they get frustrated and the game is cheating them or things are changed as they are struggling.

SoggyShorts

not everyone had a big timewarp to complement this.
Timewarp makes it better, but it isn't needed. With a level 1 polar bear you still get 2 rounds in one day meaning you can use the same 5-day booster for 2 tournament rounds, 2 spires, then 2 more tournament rounds next week.

CrazyWizard

Timewarp makes it better, but it isn't needed. With a level 1 polar bear you still get 2 rounds in one day meaning you can use the same 5-day booster for 2 tournament rounds, 2 spires, then 2 more tournament rounds next week.

a level 1 polar bear removes 96 minutes, that leaves 14 hours and 24 minutes waiting time on the table.
While 96 minutes is great, it doesnt help that much with. you reallu need to knock off a decent amount of time before the tournaments become less scedule strict.

Also not everyone has a polar bear, especially those that also do not have a timewarp.

SoggyShorts

While 96 minutes is great, it doesnt help that much
I disagree.
Normal people sleep for 8h a day and that makes a 16h tournament cooldown impossible to deal with unless you change your sleeping pattern.
14.5h let's you do a round in the morning plus one before bed. Especially with 1 encounter instead of 4 this is very reasonable.

CrazyWizard

I disagree.
Normal people sleep for 8h a day and that makes a 16h tournament cooldown impossible to deal with unless you change your sleeping pattern.
14.5h let's you do a round in the morning plus one before bed. Especially with 1 encounter instead of 4 this is very reasonable.
but not every day.
You can also do
Tuesday 19:00
Wednesday between 11 and 15:00
Thrusday before 8 PM and before midnight
friday once
saturday once

96 minutes does not fundamentally change that schedule, and surely will not get you "more" out of your combat buildings.

Polar bear is awesome in combination with timewarp, either to improve the time reduction rate, or to get rid of that last bit.
a level 10 polar bear gets you a little bit more leeway, but thats about it.

For a fundamental advantage for your combat building we are looking at reductions to ~0 - 5 hours or so.
Between 5-10 hours waiting time, your schedule becomes as fluid as you like and fits into your personal life, 6 rounds is easy peasy
between 10-13 hours you get some freedom, but you still have to follow a resonable schedule to make 6 rounds
between 13-16 hours not much changes, you're still on a very strict schedule to make 6 rounds

SoggyShorts

96 minutes does not fundamentally change that schedule, and surely will not get you "more" out of your combat buildings.
It surely did for my baby tester city. I think you are focused on doing 5 rounds every week, which isn't the case for all players.
Those 96 minutes fundamentally changed the tournament for me due to my RL schedule, and they might for many other players whose real lives take precedence over Elvenar.

Even if you want 6 rounds instead of the normal struggle it is very nice to be able to do
1 round on Tuesday
2 rounds wed
2 rounds Thursday with booster buildings
1 clean up round on Friday + full spire (optional, can do spire the day before and take a 4-day vacation)

Saturday & Sunday & Monday OFF completely.

then
tuesday full spire +1 round
Wednesday 1 round before boosts expire.

For a non-boosted tournament and a little break where maybe you only go 20x2 plus some easy 1-6 clean ups.

CrazyWizard

It surely did for my baby tester city. I think you are focused on doing 5 rounds every week, which isn't the case for all players.
Those 96 minutes fundamentally changed the tournament for me due to my RL schedule, and they might for many other players whose real lives take precedence over Elvenar.

Even if you want 6 rounds instead of the normal struggle it is very nice to be able to do
1 round on Tuesday
2 rounds wed
2 rounds Thursday with booster buildings
1 clean up round on Friday + full spire (optional, can do spire the day before and take a 4-day vacation)

Saturday & Sunday & Monday OFF completely.

then
tuesday full spire +1 round
Wednesday 1 round before boosts expire.

For a non-boosted tournament and a little break where maybe you only go 20x2 plus some easy 1-6 clean ups.

Guess this works somehow due to different timezones: if I would do this:

1 round on Tuesday 19:00
2 rounds wed 9:24 and 23:48
2 rounds Thursday with booster buildings 14:12 (no clue how you fit in here round 2 as it's at 28:36 and hour that doesnt exist in my timezone)
1 clean up round on Friday + full spire (optional, can do spire the day before and take a 4-day vacation) 4:36 and 19:00

It would fit into a US -5 timezone but that means playing at 3:24 in the middle of the night

I would call this an insane strict time schedule thats not workable for 99% of the players.
I would not advise such a scedule to any player unless that player has some dedication beyond reason.

I was looking at 6 round, btw 3 rounds without boosters in this format is brutal. in the new tournament format each round is only marginally easier (1 province step) it's not like the old format where the first 3 rounds where a lot easier. provincie 19 round 3 is as difficult as province 20 round 2 and provincie 21 round 1. the difference is tiny.

So I do not see how a level 1 polar bear makes thinks fundamentally different in your example. maybe you could squeeze out 1 more round with boosters but you have to go pretty far to strech that one out. the same stretch that make most people ignore round 6 altogether as it's benefits are limited but the costs to reach is are high.

I find polar bear awesome and are a big fan of it, but in combination with timewarp so you get total freedom over your schedule including the 6th round, and once you can fit all fights into 1 day it becomes a gamechanger.

Extremes like the scedule above, or pre polar bear waking up on a saturay morning at 4am to push 6 rounds in 1 day are not "advisable" strategies unless that person it trying to reach the top al all cost. and in that case you should not own a level 1 polar bear.

Karvest

Using UUUs for 1-20 up to 2* is just a plain waste of them. You can easily go up to ~15x5* without any expiring boosts. And up to 20x5* on easy tourneys with a single fire phoenix. I'd better collect 4-5 of them and use at a single tourney to get really high scores, sticking with ~4k points in between.

SoggyShorts

You can easily go up to ~15x5* without any expiring boosts.
Is that true for players with no bird and new wonders?
Spire too?
I'm not talking top-end players here, and the goal isn't 4,000 points, the goal is a blueprint with very little effort and very few log-in times.

Karvest

I'm talking about ~orcs chapter. +full spire convincing
blueprint is so easy now, that it doesn't even need to be set as a goal.

SoggyShorts

I'm talking about ~orcs chapter. +full spire negotiation
We're comparing apples and Toyota's then.

I'm talking about any pre-timewarp semi-casual player who wants gold spire without negotiating.
Players who have very few 5-day buildings and low-level wonders struggle to reach the top of the spire through fighting.
The goal is to basically give them 100% more 5-day buildings by using the same ones for 2 spires.
The polar bear is a nice touch for this even at level 1 because it enhances the schedule of the tournament quite nicely allowing these semi-casual players to also do their part of a blueprint while only doing the tournament 3 days a week.

Karvest

Those who apply such schedule regularly are far from semi-casual IMHO...
Here tourney starts at 21:00. with 14h tourney cooldown you are at work when it times out...
You still can do 2 spires + 2 rounds of both tourneys, if you place boosts at friday evening, but there is almost 0 flexibility, and you can do the same without polar bear as well.

btw, even with 0 tournament cooldown, I use fighting for only half of the spires, as I don't want to waste time instants where I can only get them + some diversity in gameplay is welcomed too.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yeah that's WAY off in North America, the tournament starts in the morning here.
The polar bear gives an awesome schedule that 99% of players can VERY easily follow here:

Here you go, easily doable for 99% of players super casually playing:
  • Tuesday the tournament starts at 9:00 so you can do it between 9 and 9:30 then again before bed.
  • Wednesday 1 round at any time before dinner
  • Thursday place a UUU after 9:00 and do another round before bed
note: Tuesday and Wednesday's 3 rounds are without the UUU, so just doing the super-easy fights in provinces 1-9 or even just 1-6 is recommended.
Once you place the UUU on Thursday the goal is adding provinces 10-20 for 2 rounds.

The following week:
  • Tuesday the tournament starts at 9:00 so you can do it between 9 and 9:30 then again before bed. (just a few minutes earlier than you did it last Thursday) Provinces 1-20 both times is recommended
  • Wednesday any 6 total encounters at your own pace will get you to 1,600 points.
  • Tuesday the tournament starts at noon, so you can do it at any time from noon to 5 pm
  • Wednesday 2 rounds anytime that are 14.5h apart. 8:00 am and 10:30 pm for example
  • Thursday later in the day, anytime between noon and 5 pm place UUU and do 1 round
  • Friday do 5th final round any time
note: Tuesday and Wednesday's 3 rounds are without the UUU, so just doing the super-easy fights in provinces 1-9 or even just 1-6 is recommended.
Once you place the UUU on Thursday the goal is adding provinces 10-20 for 2 rounds.
The following week:
  • Tuesday 1 round anytime from noon to 5pm + spire
  • Wednesday anytime in the morning before boosts run out + finish spire
  • Thursday to Saturday just 6 Total encounters from any easy provinces will get you to 1,600 points.

Dude, you have your start times totally off in your spoilers. The tournament starts every Tuesday at 1:00 PM Eastern time, which is 10:00 AM Pacific time.

SoggyShorts

Dude, you have your start times totally off in your spoilers. The tournament starts every Tuesday at 1:00 PM Eastern time, which is 10:00 AM Pacific time.
Ah crap I'm in the middle and went wrong in both directions. I can't say I care enough to fix it though. deleted.