• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug [mobile] Can't save progress in a new account

DeletedUser1777

Game version: v1.41.0-dc5b103-0 de 1.41
Game world: Felyndral (de3)
Browser /Android version: Android 5.1.1
Flash Player version: ??
Operating System:
Screen resolution: Nexus 10 Tablet
Account name: Summer 315 given by game, changes manually to Fely (reward please to Flabbes ;))
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: ?/5
(1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: none

Current situation:
I know, the App isn't official available for germany yet, but I managed it anyway to download it from Playstore. After fiddeling in my Beta and live I thought, hey why not try to create a new account. So I hit the "new account" Button and started to play. The Tutorial started and I played for a while.

My city was given an automatically Name, there was top right a notification to Change it. I changed the Name and all has been fine so far. But I was not asked for an eMail-Adress and now when I try to log out, the game tells me, I will lose my progress, when I log out.

There seems to be no place to fill in my eMail, so how on earth do you think you will get new customers?
Btw: I have an offer to buy diamonds (builder package), didn't try to buy some, because don't trust the money would have a chance to get connected to my account :p

Expected situation:
To create a real account with the possibility to log in again.

Reproduction Steps
1. play with the App in an existing account, then log off + close the App
2. open App again and start a new account (get your homecountry world by default)
3. play for a while
4. change playername
5. try to log off - get message

Screenshots of the bug:
Sorry, I'm to dumb to make a screenshot with my Tablet and don't know anyway how to get it then to my PC :oops:

Edit:
just checked with PC and the account exists in ranking :rolleyes:
upload_2017-10-28_11-35-58.png

Edit 2:
I thought, maybe it's connected to the gmail account I used to get the App, so I tried the "forget password" function in browser just with the username and I got the message : "mail was sent to your mail-address", but well nothing in that inbox o_O
Do you expect players never close again the App in order to keep the progress?
Would be a nice experiment to try it until I finish advanced scouts in chapter 3 - the point of no delete .. erm no return on worldmap ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey Flabbes, I notice you have put the world in your report as de3 - did you also encounter this issue here on beta?

DeletedUser1777

did you also encounter this issue here on beta?
I can't test this issue right now for beta on my tablet, as I don't want to log out of the new account (losing progress^^)

I would have to try to install the App on my mobile phone, if you want me to cross-check it for beta. Just would do it, when you can't confirm the issue without this
I don't want the App on my mobile phone, as it never is really closed and so it uses my capacity of battery & memory.

Edit:
Ok, I tried to install the app (from https://play.google.com/store/), but I don't think I will succeed, it keeps telling me "will be installed soon"
(I get in browser the same message as on my mobile phone, screenshot is taken from browser)
upload_2017-10-28_15-2-7.png

Edit 2:
Playstore on mobile phone tells me, not compatible with my Android Version on Phone (I have 4.2.2 ->Jellybean and game needs 4.4 -> KitKat) so no chance to get it on my "old" smartphone, as there are no updates for my android anymore (without cracking my Android, which will not happen).

Fun Fact:
Browser Playstore tells me, it would be possible to use the App o_O
upload_2017-10-28_15-21-8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Flabbes, no need to try to play also on beta from the app for now, since I can make a new account on beta myself :)
Could I ask you please to continue to play the new account on de3 on app for now? It may be that you will be asked to register at some point soon

DeletedUser1777

Could I ask you please to continue to play the new account on de3 on app for now? It may be that you will be asked to register at some point soon
Ok, I will not close the App on tablet (keep de3 open), hopefully the battery don't runs dry and kick me out by accident.
Do you have an idea how long it might take until the asking for registration will appear (today, tomorrow or next week)?

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Unfortunately I do not, but provided you do not log out, the app should reload that new account even if you get kicked out or close the app by clicking the x at the top right :)

DeletedUser1777

I just have researched barracks and now I got the possibility to register this account :)

I had chosen the trading path, so I finished the other techs before (marble, steel & planks manufactory. the boost and the trader). My MH is on level 3 and there are already 4 manufactorys tier 1 built, 13 provinces are scouted and 6 of them are finished (=3 province-expansions).

That's really late, because a beginner wouldn't never do that much before logging out the first time. This should be improved!

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Thanks Flabbes, I'll mark this as not a bug, but make sure your feedback on this is passed on :)
Glad you managed to get registered anyway :)

DeletedUser1777

Thank you Amy :)
*sigh* I keep on bughunting, got to get some more Diamonds for my first magical building ;)