• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Liking in the forum

DeletedUser

I remember there was a thread just about liking and with the goal to get many likes, it was moved to an area, where liking is impossible.

Now I see an inflation of likes e.g. in the players introductions area. Just a few people use liking, where it really makes sense (an elegant way to support suggestions). Most people just post '+1' :(

DeletedUser

I never used liking very much, because liking was more an exited supportive. A really good idea I will like, ideas I agree with I will just tell of that I suspport it. Plus I can follow the thread if I just post instead of like.

DeletedUser

Plus I can follow the thread if I just post instead of like

It's just a very little bit easier to get an automatical watch by posting, there is an easy way to watch every thread you're currently reading...

What I don't like about '+1' posts: It's not much fun reading those threads...

DeletedUser

That's true, I try to think of good reasons why I dis/like them.

DeletedUser

Any system like a "like" system is abused by cheaters so useless.

DeletedUser205

I often forget that like-click, because it doesn't mean something to me (and I don't care about somebodys thousands of likes, because mostly that are cheats, nobody can write thousands of very good posts and "everybodies darling is everybodies depp" (=dork) is a saying in bavaria ;-) )

IMHO that Member-Chartlist "most likes" should be abandoned (but I don't care of memberchartlists also :D)

DeletedUser252

I think a lot of ppl think it is something like on Facebook: "like" for I have read it and I agree, or I like this

DeletedUser252

When I understand it correctly, the "like" is when a idea is suggested and you are "for". (instead of the +1.)
The mods can count them easely and when the idea has a lot of likes, it is forwarted.
When you got a "like" because you wrote a funny story, that system is corrupted.

DeletedUser205

aha and where can I read about this meaning?
Till this second I thought, like is everything I like - not only a countinghelp for the mods

DeletedUser118

The whole "like" thing should only be used in the ideas section. In others it doesn't really make sense nor do we really need it there.

DeletedUser

I didn't mean, liking shouldn't happen elsewhere as in the suggestions section. There's nothing to say against liking any post anywhere, if you agree to, what is said, and you think everything is brought to the point.

DeletedUser205

@methusu that gives an idea, what YOU prefer to like,
but perhaps other people may like charming answers to help two wranglers to come down to earth again, or may liked that they could laugh?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure, that I understand fully, what you're saying and I might have difficulties to express myself in english, but I think I didn't want to exclude the cases you mention.

DeletedUser

The whole "like" thing should only be used in the ideas section. In others it doesn't really make sense nor do we really need it there.

The ''like'' option has been removed from the lounge, same with the post count. In other parts of the forum, it can still be useful

DeletedUser43

When I understand it correctly, the "like" is when a idea is suggested and you are "for". (instead of the +1.)
The mods can count them easely and when the idea has a lot of likes, it is forwarted.
When you got a "like" because you wrote a funny story, that system is corrupted.

aha and where can I read about this meaning?
Till this second I thought, like is everything I like - not only a countinghelp for the mods

I can confirm that in the Ideas and Suggestions Forum both replies (also +1's) and likes are seen as support and are taken into consideration when forwarding an idea. ;)

Personally, I think the liking system is a good tool for the entire forum. For instance, when someone notices a thread in the General Discussion Forum about a subject that's already been discussed earlier, and gives the link to the earlier thread, you could like his post to thank him for the link. There are multiple ways to use the liking system. :)