• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Join Fellowship in Tech Tree

DeletedUser2208

Hello everyone, on the NL server are now 3345 Fellowships, certainly 2500 of those Fellowships are inactive and are controlled by newbies who have not yet gathered any knowledge about the game and I doubt this situation will be very different on other severs.

For this idea, I have added four research technologies to the research tree of Elvenar: "Join the forum", "visit Elvenar Wiki", "join a brotherhood" and at level 4 “rights to become Archmage”.

I have tried to place the assignments in the tree as good as possible.

The goal of all this is to help players who have just started in their town, avoid the pitfalls and to see the trees in the Elvenars wood, and to prevent that their town turns into a ghost town after 1 week with an associated fellowship without activity.

After all, at school, we are not suddenly going from Elementary School to Middle School. By letting novice players experience the game in existing fellowships first, and to become a member of the Forum, they will be safeguarded from finding out the wheel again and again.

I have placed the the last research "obtain rights to become Archmage” in the third row of the research tree with the idea that the players have already amassed some knowledge and can stand on their own feet and then possibly create their own brotherhood when they feel they have those capacities.

It may also be able to work to prevent push accounts from setting up a fellowship.
For all existing brotherhoods in the Elvenars wood, a general pardon would have to apply, but after the disbanding the fellowship, the orders must be done to start another fellowship again.
chapter1 techtree + forum + Wiki + Fellowship.jpg

DeletedUser

@Casje Good Idea :):)

I especially like the "Rights to become Archmage" placed in the beginning of chapter IV. There are way to many inexperienced players who start their own fellowship without fully understanding what comes with it.
A fellowship should at least have an Archmage who understands the game and the responsibilities that comes with leading a fellowship. Too many inexperienced players get stuck because there's no-one in their FS who can help them :(

Lisha

I'm not so sure about the forum and wiki, but as long as it's included in the tutorial with KP provided, it's fine (if the KP is a problem, maybe it should be provided by one of the tutorial quests?).
I don't feel like 'Join a Fellowship' is needed but I don't mind it (again if the tutorial provides KP for it with some information about FS in general but without forcing one to join any, like many games do).
And I totally agree on the Archmage, there's way too many 1-person fellowships with inactive players, let alone small ones with inactive archmages who stopped playing somewhere in the first chapters. The only problem it would cause is blocking such players from participating in tournaments if they can't find a fellowship that would take them (or that they want to join). Then again it could lead to higher forum activity what is good, because, at least on the live I play, maybe 20 players speak regualarly on forum.

SoggyShorts

Very nice idea, and with them being optional techs, there's really no downside.
The way the game is designed around boosted goods, and for all of the information that is not in the wiki, players should really be encouraged to join an existing FS, at least for a while.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2208

But say it yourself, it is very useful and definitely of added value that we have more than 400 pages of these :confused: In my opinion It would be better if these 3200 members on arendyll usa would be in 160 full fellowhips.;)

upload_2018-1-10_20-31-13.png

Loki Blue

In my opinion It would be better if these 3200 members on arendyll usa would be in 160 full fellowhips.

While your idea has merit, I have to say that not everyone has the same style of play, and some belong to tiny Fellowships for a reason. There are people who are just not team players, so 'full Fellowships' aren't for them. And having small Fellowships comprised of players who know what they're doing really doesn't hurt the game.

Also, this
but after the disbanding the fellowship, the orders must be done to start another fellowship again.
I can't agree with. There's no good reason that I can see for members of a Fellowship that has been around for a while having to go through techs that they have already paid for just because their last Fellowship disbanded and they want to start another.

Aside from these points, yes, there are a lot of players who would benefit considerably from this.

DeletedUser2208

For all existing brotherhoods in the Elvenars wood, a general pardon would have to apply, but after the disbanding the fellowship, the orders must be done to start another fellowship again.

Loki Blue

If I and my partners decide, after eight months or so to disband our Fellowship for whatever reason, and start other Fellowships, would we have to go through the techs again? According to what is in bold type above, it seems this is what you mean. If not, a better description would be appreciated.

DeletedUser1075

I agree with your basic premise, that there are many FS on each server that have noobs in charge. However, your solution won't work on a new server, so I couldn't vote for it. I'd be open to considering a solution that accounts for new servers.

SoggyShorts

However, your solution won't work on a new server, so I couldn't vote for it. I'd be open to considering a solution that accounts for new servers.
I sure hope there aren't any new servers, perhaps ever. Imo there aren't enough active players for the 7 that we have already.

DeletedUser1767

I think I don't understand. :confused:

So I get the idea about having to unlock the rights to become an Archmage, and I rather like this idea, although I share Grace's reservation about it. But I don't think I understand the benefit to having the other things as techs. These are things that people should be persuaded to consider and be told are options, but why should they have to invest KP and resources, however small, into joining the forum or a FS or visiting the Wiki, when currently they can do these things for free? It just seems sort of backwards to me, somehow. I'd rather see them as declinable one-time quests so that players are rewarded for doing these things, rather than having to pay for them. Also though... would the game then restrict people from visiting the Wiki or the forum until they've unlocked these techs? If not, then unlocking the techs wouldn't... change anything? And if so, would this mean password-protection on the Wiki?

I'm sorry! I seem to be the only one confused, so I'm probably just missing something obvious. :oops: I do totally agree with the objective here, despite my confusion over the suggested mechanics.

DeletedUser2208

I do not know, I am a Dutchman and I have trouble with discussions in English. I think the images with the text are clear.

It was the first time that I post an idea on beta and also the last one. I better only post on the Dutch server @ there i can explain it better.

Maybe the mods better put it the rejected archived ideas. don't think there will support for this one

Luna Star

Suggested Changes in Quarters and Training Fields

Independent training for SOLDIERS each type should have 5 soldiers in training.
5 types of soldiers in barracks
5 types of soldiers on the training ground
5 types of soldiers in the field of mercenaries
Totalizing 15 soldiers being trained in the whole and not only 5 as it is now, this is the same as having 3 types of school with 5 places each and having 15 students and being able to study only 5 and 10 are waiting for the graduation of the first 5.
Since they changed and placed the training hood he should proceed as the barracks in their evolution, each school being independent, so we can train more soldiers at the same time getting more soldiers in the army.
Changes

Deleted User - 86059

Maybe @Luna Star start a new suggestion place or I can move this idea to it's own page??? Let me know if I can help you at all.
And welcome to the forum ;)