• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Is there a max scouting cost (cap) ?

Heffernan

i'm using android app and scout around my map clockwise using the prize as a pointer where next. now i'm confused as every province seems to cost 11 000 000 gold. i don't think that i've gone around the map after opening the latest expansion that new quest race brought available.

so, is there a maximum cost ? have i reached it ?

Dorfl the Clay

There is no max cost, provinces will get harder as you progress.. do realise that if you overscout, you can run into trouble... after a wile, you will need orks, which can only be produced when you have reached the right chapter...

Heffernan

misunderstanding perhaps, i was talking about scouting a province not clearing it. scouting costs only gold, 11 000 000 in my case and lasts forever.
i have over 620 scouted provinces so my next expansion would become available when the next guestrace appears sometime next year.

so i was wondering whether at stage of the game there is a "cap" at the prize of scouting.

Dorfl the Clay

Since you have already scouted 620, I can only presume you have reached the maximum price for scouting.. congratulations!

Enevhar Aldarion

There are no permanent caps, as long as we keep getting new chapters. The expansion added with chapter 20 requires 620 completed provinces, which is 40 more than the one from chapter 19, so the one added when we get chapter 21 should also require at least 40 more completed provinces, or 660 total. However, it could end up being 50 more, or 670 total, based on the increases over the last couple of chapters. the one added with chapter 18 needed 25 more, the one added with chapter 19 needed 30 more, and then chapter 20 was 40 more. So if you are not at 660-670 yet, you have a goal to reach before we get chapter 21 in about another 4 or 5 months.

Now, the actual cost to scout never has a cap because the number of provinces you can scout is as unlimited as the storage space that the servers contains. Every single completed scout slightly increases the coin cost of every other unscouted province and only completing an Advanced Scouts research reduces that back down, just for it to slowly increase again with each scout after that.

CrazyWizard

i'm using android app and scout around my map clockwise using the prize as a pointer where next. now i'm confused as every province seems to cost 11 000 000 gold. i don't think that i've gone around the map after opening the latest expansion that new quest race brought available.

so, is there a maximum cost ? have i reached it ?
My scout currently cost 17M wat more than 11

Bor de Wolf 1965

At the start of chapter 20 you get a time and coast reduction research so that would get your expenses a little lower.
I am not sure if the scout wonder does also reduce the scouting prize for they were normally linked together.
But as the scouting time goes up, so does the coast

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
To answer in short: No there is no hard cap on scouting costs.
There is however a soft cap: when the cost exceeds your max coin capacity then you reached your cap.
But as this game evolves and chapters are added, so does your max coin cap increase.
Which is perfect, not?

RugBug

I just finished collecting the little coins that appear when there is no one to occupy that province and these visits paid for my next Scouting...:)

Completed scoutings...668

I have often wondered the longest it has ever taken to scout a province.

salandrine

At the start of chapter 20 you get a time and coast reduction research so that would get your expenses a little lower.
I am not sure if the scout wonder does also reduce the scouting prize for they were normally linked together.
But as the scouting time goes up, so does the coast
Sorry, you get this wonder at the end of chapter 20, ist the very last reaserch.

I know, its a scouting time reduction und there is nothing said, it also reduces costs.

1668813397169.png

erkundungszeit = scouting time
Nachbarschaftshilfe-Truhen = chests for neighborhood help
Ranglistenpunkte = ranking points