• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Beta dying?

PrimroseSylvia

I'll encourage to everybody in the same case to send message to the suport with tittle "enough is enough " and maybe ....

But since the support can't help ...
Since the support cant' help, it would be only a waste of time (for players and support); it's much better continue to complain in forum(s) where everyone (including Inno HQ) can see it.

elfbruno36

I.A is a program so that anybody can modified parameters
I found 12 area on the map with my T1, T2 and T3 with not connected gamers since 2021 or befor
for me it's not possible to pass to the next chap so you may see another abandonned city

Dhurrin

A bit late to the topic here, most points already have been made.
I however see beta as having one other, major problem; there just are too many players who see beta as just another world, allowing them a sneak-peak so they can prepare their main cities for what is coming.

Don't get me wrong, a beta-TEST server should have a sizable population for sure, but not a full-blown multiple thousand one. It's main purpose is (or rather should be) to catch bugs and faults that slipped through the alpha-phase and to find stuff that may be unbalancing or otherwise interfering with the game.

Of course, something like that only works is there is regular activity AND there is regular communication with and feedback from the company.
The communication is lacking, the feedback from the players is largely ignored and there are way too many players with no real interest in testing anything and will complain about every little bit because they see it as just another world.
And look at the playerlist; as on any live-world, page after page of players with either a 0-point score, or a score of <500 points. Such players should be removed as they don't add anything to the testing purposes.

Katwick

And look at the playerlist; as on any live-world, page after page of players with either a 0-point score, or a score of <500 points. Such players should be removed as they don't add anything to the testing purposes.
Perhaps they just want to keep track of the Beta Forum, which requires a Beta account.

Lelanya

Yep, and I a few whales who will plant a city (and pay :diamond:to keep it), just so they can view the new chapter ahead of others.

Dhurrin

Perhaps they just want to keep track of the Beta Forum, which requires a Beta account.
I know what you mean, but that's not entirely true, it only requires an account to be able to post things, you don't need it to read anything here which should be enough to keep informed.

But that kind of thing is a problem; it turns beta more and more in just another world, which just happens to be 2-3 weeks ahead, so it has less and less to do with it's actual purpose of being a testing-ground.

@Lelanya
Oh, I know and of course that happens. And if those players want to keep near the end of the techtree at least they perform a function there by actually seeing/building/upgrading stuff.

In fact, though it's not why I started on beta keeping in touch has become the main reason for me as well. However, if it was up to me, I'd be limiting beta to say 2.000-2.500 active players at most as that would be enough to get things tested. Which probably means I'd be kicked out as beta is a low priority for me.
And probably have some other requirements as well, as well as running some other special features at times to return it to the testing-ground it should be.

But as I said, that would also require far more direct communication and feedback both ways

Dorfl the Clay

This morning all the forums (at east the ones I use, beta and Dutch) were dead (unobtainable) for several hours.. now they are back, but beta still seems to suffer from graphical glitches, like pages not loading completely and/or (there it is again!) freezing while loading...

Dhurrin

This morning all the forums (at east the ones I use, beta and Dutch) were dead (unobtainable) for several hours.. now they are back, but beta still seems to suffer from graphical glitches, like pages not loading completely and/or (there it is again!) freezing while loading...
Same for the US and UK server. Didn't check the French one.
But all seem to be up and running now

Biloutte91

The migration wasn't supposed to last long, but something went wrong... I don't think it was worth making an announcement for a few minutes.

Too many ads kills the ad ^^

owl76

However, if it was up to me, I'd be limiting beta to say 2.000-2.500 active players at most as that would be enough to get things tested. Which probably means I'd be kicked out as beta is a low priority for me.
We can use the tournament rankings as an imperfect guide to how many active players there are. Currently 1378 people have scored points this week. So I am not convinced that there are more than 2500 active players on beta at the moment.

Dhurrin

We can use the tournament rankings as an imperfect guide to how many active players there are. Currently 1378 people have scored points this week. So I am not convinced that there are more than 2500 active players on beta at the moment.
Exactly. Though not everyone needs to participate in the tourney to be active. And some of the larger players may do the entire tourney in one day on Friday/Saturday, maximizing the use of booster buildings that way, so I'm sure the number will go up a bit

But the total number of players is 7.757. Of which close to 1.000 have less than 1.000 points. Granted, there may be some still working on that, but there is no way that resembles active players and a test-world shouldn't have (too many) inactive ones as it defeats the whole purpose.

And as I said before, it's not even about the amount of players actively playing, but those actively looking for issues and being active on the forum to interact. I doubt there are even 500 of those, for most people it is not about testing, only about getting a sneak peak of what is to come so they can prepare for it on their main accounts.

Dhurrin

Not true. Anyone can read the beta-forum. Just for posting you need an account, so just keeping in touch with what is happening is no real argument and definitely no reason to have 0 point cities.

That being said; that is only circling back to the question of whether or not you want to see Beta as a test-world or just another live-world that just happens to be getting stuff early and where some people just happen to run into some issues.
I'm pretty much black/white on that; if you aren't an active player in my opinion you have no issue being on beta. And all those 0-point accounts definitely don't.

Dorfl the Clay

I'm pretty much black/white on that; if you aren't an active player in my opinion you have no issue being on beta. And all those 0-point accounts definitely don't.
I am glad that it isn't up to you to determine who is considered as useful and/or having a reason (issue?) to be on beta...

Enevhar Aldarion

I am with you on that. I hate the part-time players who only show up for a few weeks or so at a time when new stuff is happening. If you can't play daily, or at least most days each week, then don't bother making a Beta account. With the smaller player base here to begin with, these part-time players only make it even harder to find reliable people to join your fellowship.