• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Beta dying?

Enevhar Aldarion

I'm almost always around on the forum (except when asleep!). I read all posts, and as CiraKelley surmised, if I don't respond it is because I have no information to give you.
I would love to get back to responding more to your posts, even without any information to give, however recently real life has frequently made that more difficult for me.

See, that is part of the problem, though, at least here and on the US forums. Before all the recent changes in CMs and Mods this year, there was more posting and engagement in general on the forums from those here before. So to a lot of long-time forum members, it feels like we have been abandoned.

CiraKelley

See, that is part of the problem, though, at least here and on the US forums. Before all the recent changes in CMs and Mods this year, there was more posting and engagement in general on the forums from those here before. So to a lot of long-time forum members, it feels like we have been abandoned.
Yes, that’s exactly what I meant, thank you for the better explanation. :)

It feels like anytime we say the slightest critique or are honest about the current state of things, it causes some defensive responses from a handful of players and mods (which is really not necessary or productive in these situations), then players have to come back to apologize or clarify (or just quit coming to the forum altogether)… and nothing gets dealt with or acknowledged, without there being some gaslighting or backhanded apology or excuse.
Yes, we are all *very appreciative* of the support teams and are sympathetic to your situations. We understand it’s hard for you.
Seeing these changes, attitudes and development/game issues is hard for us too.
I now understand that this has become a space where we are no longer really welcomed to be honest or brave enough to say something outside of compliments or direct feedback to a current game implementation.
Even bug reports are becoming a challenge to post here and “prove” these days.
I see no point in carrying on here, which I’m sure will make the mods happy to read. :(
(No response needed to this, thank you. I take my leave.)

Last edited:

spennyit

... and it is my sincere hope that Beta is not dying
To stop Beta (and the live servers) from dying, INNO (employees) should start doing something useful to the players and this is not the case. Only events and FAs and this is quite boring. Last chapter was almost a year ago (which is quite too a long time!!!!) and now they are saying that a new chapter is coming, but they are even unable to say when!!!!!! During the vacation period so no bug will be corrected????? Or after the vacation (i.e. mid August), so after at least another month of wait??? This is very BAD marketing of the most important aspect of the game!!!! In the past the developers came (seldom) to excuse and try to explain they very BAD decisions. Now they are just absent: it seems they are asking the players to stop playing :-( BTW, this is a very constructive comment, but it will be unheard as all the constructive comments that the players gave in the past!!! We just need to be happy because we have new emojis and another FA!!!!!! No Comment!

Deleted User - 101740

Inno is ruining the gaming experience by failing to show any consideration for the player. Just look at the latest issue - the event disappearing. Not a peep from Inno about the problem... Just silence. Why? Why not send a notice thru the in game notices to say there's an issue and to keep an eye out for an update for the app.
I have to say I was really pleased to get a notification in-game about the issue with the MA (live server) mixing up spell production. I was able to go reset the order and I probably wouldn't have noticed until much later.
It really struck home for me how much of a difference that communication makes. Thank you @Amy Steele for passing on any feedback that may have encouraged that to happen and please pass on my gratitude to the devs (or whomever is due thanks).

Deleted User - 101740

Not trying to attack anyone or belittle someone, but long story short, from my personal point of view - I miss @Marindor.
Oof, Alcaro, timing is everything. I'm sure it wasn't your intention and I've probably completely messed up the nuance but when you say you miss the person who previously held a role right after the current holder of that role comments it comes off as a sideways insult regardless of disclaimers to the contrary.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
when you say you miss the person who previously held a role right after the current holder of that role comments
Just to point out, Marindor was the Community Manager (CM) here. I'm just a moderator not the CM, Deadeye Jerry is ;)
It's natural that people should still miss Marindor. He was a team member here almost since the beginning, first as a Moderator, then as CM. That said, I'm sure Marindor would want everyone to continue to enjoy the game and this forum, and also to support the current CM

Enevhar Aldarion

Not trying to attack anyone or belittle someone, but long story short, from my personal point of view - I miss @Marindor.

Everything was great, up until near the end of his time here, starting with his wedding, when he was gone for a while for the honeymoon and then the Christmas holiday. Once he came back, things here were about as quiet as they are now. So I think something was changed internally by Inno in how much the CMs and Mods are allowed to interact here on the forums and in how much they are even told by their bosses, because this lack of communication did not start after he left. Same thing happened on the US forum. At about the same time, our very helpful and talkative CM left and since then, it has been about as bad there as it is here.

Alcaro

Oof, Alcaro, timing is everything. I'm sure it wasn't your intention and I've probably completely messed up the nuance but when you say you miss the person who previously held a role right after the current holder of that role comments it comes off as a sideways insult regardless of disclaimers to the contrary.
Saying that I miss a former CM isn't an insult, no matter how you look at it, with nuances or not :D
Please, be sure that THIS comment isn't against you, but if you knew me better, then you would know that I am a dog who barks but don't bite.
I just express my opinions, as kind as possible (doesn't work always :D :D) and I am 100% sure I NEVER insulted anyone in my life, here on in RL. :)

Deleted User - 101740

Just to point out, Marindor was the Community Manager (CM) here. I'm just a moderator not the CM, Deadeye Jerry is ;)
It's natural that people should still miss Marindor. He was a team member here almost since the beginning, first as a Moderator, then as CM. That said, I'm sure Marindor would want everyone to continue to enjoy the game and this forum, and also to support the current CM
I'm so glad I was wrong!

Deleted User - 101740

Saying that I miss a former CM isn't an insult, no matter how you look at it, with nuances or not :D
Please, be sure that THIS comment isn't against you, but if you knew me better, then you would know that I am a dog who barks but don't bite.
I just express my opinions, as kind as possible (doesn't work always :D :D) and I am 100% sure I NEVER insulted anyone in my life, here on in RL. :)
Please accept my apology for misreading the context. I thought Amy was Marindor's replacement so the comment sounded insensitive to me but as usual I grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

Please forgive me

elfbruno36

I must say that I think that the game is near ended
I have to say I was really pleased to play on the beta
but I must to left it because since september 2021,
the number of gold mine is growing and growing and have reach now 120
I'll stay untill september but I've no hope in sigh to move on the mape so for me it's over

Ps its the same on the french server winy

Heffernan

during and at the end of summertime it seems bad, looking at fellowships searching for members for example. however towards autumn more casual players pick the up again, so lets see.

.... and as a sidenote i was away in springtime for maybe a month and a half, when i got back i was placed in a new spot. i didn't do it to be repositioned, but it did kick the machinery into action.
i do think though that inno should check the formula, my other acco is slowly slipping into situation elfbruno36 is despite being daily active for years.

elfbruno36

I'll encourage to everybody in the same case to send message to the suport with tittle "enough is enough " and maybe ....