• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Is Beta dying?

Hazel Caballus

There has always been some kind of conflict between the “happy players” (or fan boys/girls) who enjoy every aspect of the game and those who tend to criticize most of the new features and changes. And in between you have a large variety of players who are in between those two (extreme) poles. However, simply rejecting any criticism won’t be of much help, you need both perspectives for a constructive discussion.

Personally, I like playing on Beta because I appreciate that it’s a truly international server. I also don’t mind getting confronted with bugs and like trying new features before they go live.
My main point of criticism is how Inno officials communicate (or rather, don’t communicate) with and treat the Beta community (and not only Beta) and how they deal with newly discovered bugs.

Earwen1

Katwick

simply rejecting any criticism won’t be of much help, you need both perspectives for a constructive discussion.
FB_IMG_1646256131906.jpg

Deleted User - 101740

I accept that beta is for testing and as annoying as that can be at times it's not the root of my frustration.

Inno is ruining the gaming experience by failing to show any consideration for the player. Just look at the latest issue - the event disappearing. Not a peep from Inno about the problem... Just silence. Why? Why not send a notice thru the in game notices to say there's an issue and to keep an eye out for an update for the app.

So few beta players use this forum so they'll be wondering what's going on. I saw there's a work around offered by a player which is wonderful so why isn't Inno letting players know about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
If it's a reoccurring issue then surely they could have notifications on the ready or mention in their release announcement to expect a delay or issues in the first day or two.
Indeed this information (that for the app, an update to the current beta version is required) is normally included in the event announcement. Our apologies that on this occasion this information was omitted. We will strive to ensure going forward that the information as to which app version is required is included in the event announcement.

I am unsure as to why the updated app version was not yet released. This used to happen quite frequently in the more distant past and I am aware that back then the delay was often due to app stores not accepting the update, rather than any issue on Inno's end. Perhaps that is what has happened this time

Verde

This used to happen quite frequently in the more distant past and I am aware that back then the delay was often due to app stores not accepting the update, rather than any issue on Inno's end. Perhaps that is what has happened this time
And the last few times as well, presumably.

Brummbaer

And now the next.

On different live server the anouncentment for the next chapter was available before here on Beta.
Under normal conditions, Beta is 2 weeks ahead to the live server, now we are behind. Again missing information
Same with the advertising, NO information in advance. Why not all, what was the selection type and so on.

Disappointing :oops:

Last edited:

Verde

Perhaps Inno really are trying to get rid of the expense of maintaining the Beta environment, by discouraging players.

If so, wondering whether they may have a problem to just close it down, given they have sold diamonds here. Perhaps that gives them some sort of legal obligation?

CiraKelley

The mods and CM are rarely logged on here anymore, as well. I feel bad for them for being ignored by their in house team, leaving them with no answers to give the players in a timely manner, if at all.
I still wish the Elvenar Team here on Beta were more engaging and friendly with the players though. That has also been a dying relationship this year.
It's just sad and quiet here now. It's a shame. :(

Deadeye Jerry

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
If you have any issues please contact the support via a ticket, if you want to ask me something, you can always start a conversation with me.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
The mods and CM are rarely logged on here anymore
I'm almost always around on the forum (except when asleep!). I read all posts, and as CiraKelley surmised, if I don't respond it is because I have no information to give you.
I would love to get back to responding more to your posts, even without any information to give, however recently real life has frequently made that more difficult for me.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hey @Brummbaer thanks for the clarification, and the compliment! I never felt attacked nor took what you (or others) said on this issue personally. We're all only human, and I admit I'm no Scoobydoo, who was just brilliant on the forum. I have a very different style. At the end of the day you can only ever do what you can do.

For myself, I would love to see more positivity and constructive comments on the forum, and it is my sincere hope that Beta is not dying

The Silent One

Hey @Brummbaer thanks for the clarification, and the compliment! I never felt attacked nor took what you (or others) said on this issue personally. We're all only human, and I admit I'm no Scoobydoo, who was just brilliant on the forum. I have a very different style. At the end of the day you can only ever do what you can do.

For myself, I would love to see more positivity and constructive comments on the forum, and it is my sincere hope that Beta is not dying
Me too, especially since I started my own FS and have spent two years trying to grow it! I would hate to abandon my members.

Keep up the good work and may you find peace in your real life.