• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Indicate production costs on buildings menu

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaNonymeB

Summary
See information about production options of a building before building it.

Description
The idea is to be able to see the production options and costs of buildings' productions via the buildings menu (or at the very least in the wiki), before actually placing the building.
This would especially be important in guest races like chapter 17, where guest race productions require other guest race goods. (See https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-17-the-traders-of-unur.15677/post-92234)
Imagine how painful it would be to preplan a guest race looking at the productions and research costs to end th chapter within a reasonable amount of time, only to find out there is a hidden (this is again tied with my topic of Inno hiding the rules) production cost that basically means you need twice more buildings than planned ?!
This would sound like another bad joke from the devs, and maybe some players would quit after this.

Motivation
Might make planning your city a bit more easy

Possible downsides
UI reasons, and since these buildings are needed anyway and can't all be built at once, some might find it redundant information and therefore annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Not only last chapter. In teamspirit I felt click baited as well. My portal description said that it would be able to create 1 team spirit badge every xx hours. But instead I couldn't craft anything for many weeks because I didn't have the other guest race buildings and their productions yet.

I do however think there's not enough room in the description to show all the necessary info anyway, so I'm not sure if this is decently fixable in the first place. Maybe there should just be a warning to look at the wiki before placing guest race buildings?

Last edited:

Marindor

Thank you all for voting. Unfortunately this idea didn't meet the minimum requirements, so it will now be archived.