• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Improved visits, a 2 in 1 idea

SoggyShorts

There have been some suggestions before about increasing Builder hut visibility, and showing culture in a tooltip while visiting someone, and this could solve both issues:
Only show the helping hands on the MH, BH, and the highest unbuffed culture building when visiting.
EDIT:
Honestly, I'd rather not have to chase around the entire city looking for little hands.

Now I think that the 3 helping hands should perhaps NOT appear above their respective buildings, but all 3 should be different colors or even better 3 different symbols, and appear right under the city name plate.

That should remove the need to hunt for 3 little hands.

2ag1zky.jpg

With only 2 or 3 bouncing hands it should be easy to find the Builders Hut, and there would be no need to figure out what culture building will give the highest reward.

Last edited:

Arayla

+1

I am particularly excited about the idea of not having to calculate (guess) what chapter a player would have been in when they received an event building in order to know if I should click on it because it is fantastic or avoid it because they are only keeping it for the population increase.

DeletedUser1075

Honestly, I'd rather not have to chase around the entire city looking for little hands. The designers have created beautiful buildings that all fit within a theme, but the problem with that is the city looks very congested and it is difficult to tell different buildings apart or find anything you're looking for. I am constantly relieved when I find the third treasure chest (because I don't have to hunt more down) or when a neighbor just wants his MH clicked (no hunting) because I can't see through the clutter.

I'd like this fixed either through a better design process that actually thinks about the look of 50 similar buildings pressed together and does something intelligent with that information, or by simplifying NH per an earlier suggestion that just made it one click and done.

Looking for three little hands isn't really helping much... and I'm really sorry to have to be so down on this idea because Soggy usually has awesome ideas that I love.

SoggyShorts

Honestly, I'd rather not have to chase around the entire city looking for little hands....and I'm really sorry to have to be so down on this idea because Soggy usually has awesome ideas that I love.....

Ah but you didn't bring down the idea, actually you made it WAY better.

Now I think that the 3 helping hands should NOT appear above their respective buildings, but all 3 should be different colors, and appear right under the city name plate!

2ag1zky.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser1075

That works! Can you edit your original post to reflect that? I'd still like to see improvements in NH overall - it takes way too much time due to page load (which is due to graphics), but this is a huge improvement.

Thanks for being so open to feedback Soggy!

SoggyShorts

Can you edit your original post to reflect that?
Original updated with a sample pic:)

I would almost like to take it one step further and allow us to do it from the world map so we don't have to load cities, but we wouldn't know which one to click, since you can't see nameplates on the world map.

The fix for that would be to allow receivers to designate which building the buff gets applied to, which pretty much bring us to THIS IDEA which is of course better, but perhaps harder to implement, and would remove treasure hunting.

DeletedUser118

The treasure "hunt" is not really a wanted "hunt" anymore anyways, as probably most of us are really annoyed about having to look around huge cities for something like a spell or relics which can be much more easily achieved through other sources. Inno should stop using that and instead install a system where you are being rewarded with chests for the amounts of provinces that you have discovered.

DeletedUser1075

Katzenprinz, I agree with your comment except I'd rather see them expand the concept to provide better treasures that would reward daily activity with escalating prizes over time (maybe over a month) as they do in other games. Possibly even choices for the treasure - "would you like A or B" type options. But I don't understand why I should have to hunt the thing down in the first place.

SoggyShorts

The treasure "hunt" is not really a wanted "hunt" anymore anyways, as probably most of us are really annoyed about having to look around huge cities for something like a spell or relics which can be much more easily achieved through other sources. Inno should stop using that and instead install a system where you are being rewarded with chests for the amounts of provinces that you have discovered.
I agree, everyone seemed to love the bug where the chest always appeared in the same spot. Maybe an automatic chest for visiting 10,30,90 etc?

DeletedUser1767

Dang, I'm way behind on the new ideas! Definitely in favour of this one.

I also really like the idea of getting escalating chests for amounts of NH with a few choices in prize. There are a lot of random rewards in this game (chests, rune shards, big event prizes), and on the one hand that can be fun, but when everything is random, it can start to be a bit much, especially when you're having an extended period of bad luck. It would be nice to have some choices sometimes too.

Dhurrin

Just another thing that should have been implemented a long time ago.

Well, its only been asked like a thousend times, on servers spread out over at least 5 countries. So it obviously is not something anyone would really want....right? Because if it was, there might at the very least have been a reaction by now.

DeletedUser1596

Yes, even a little reaction would be welcomed in many such cases.

Marindor

We are currently working on improving the NH system, but in a different way. I'll archive this thread, but it is a topic we are working on :)