• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

If you put AWs away, which would you put away?

edeba

Just curious... Some people are selling some AW because of the tournament changes. I think it is a shame that we can't transport AWs into inventory, but if you could, which would you put into inventory?

On beta I don't have any I'd put away.

ErestorX

Everything except for Needles, Monastery, Shrooms, Flying Academy, Dragon Abbey, Toads, Victory Springs, Timewarp, Sapiens and possibly Heroes Forge and Abyss in my Chapter 16 city. Everything except for Abyss and Mountain Halls in my chapter 8 city (former wishing well city) because catering is significantly more efficient than autofight there.

And yes, in spite of the fact that we managed >218K Points in the first new live tournament, a lot of the players in my GM have already wrecked a lot of their wonders, others are planning to do so when they have played for a few more weeks. I think Inno could earn a lot if they offered the opportunity to remove normal expansions with diamonds.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Just curious... Some people are selling some AW because of the tournament changes. I think it is a shame that we can't transport AWs into inventory, but if you could, which would you put into inventory?

On beta I don't have any I'd put away.

Almost all, only the mayor military wonders will stay, the rest would be transported.

A nice trick (and maybe the reason why we cannot transport them) would be to place a maxed out watchtower, abyss, mountain halls, spring of youth in your city. build up your town using all the culture / workers you get and then transport them to your inventory.

Maximum profit, minimum tournament issues, and as said the most likely reason they arenty allowing it (assuming the devs have at least some brain, which is doubtfull as with even a single working braincell they would nog have created this mess in the first place)

edeba

Almost all, only the mayor military wonders will stay, the rest would be transported.

A nice trick (and maybe the reason why we cannot transport them) would be to place a maxed out watchtower, abyss, mountain halls, spring of youth in your city. build up your town using all the culture / workers you get and then transport them to your inventory.

Maximum profit, minimum tournament issues, and as said the most likely reason they arenty allowing it (assuming the devs have at least some brain, which is doubtfull as with even a single working braincell they would nog have created this mess in the first place)
I thought it was probably more to do with how complicated it would be because of all the levels. Each building has 35 levels so they have to do something for that. Remember how they said the converting so we could upgrade our event buildings turned out to be pretty complicated...

Deleted User - 88256

I thought it was probably more to do with how complicated it would be because of all the levels. Each building has 35 levels so they have to do something for that. Remember how they said the converting so we could upgrade our event buildings turned out to be pretty complicated...
I remember reading it was because they can be placed only once in a city, and it would require additional code to make it impossible to place when they are in inventory.

SoggyShorts

A 30-day CD on wonders should mitigate this except for a few extreme cases. Having 50,000 negative pop during events would be a decent deterrent.
Residences have 37 levels, I don't see how that's different.

edeba

A 30-day CD on wonders should mitigate this except for a few extreme cases. Having 50,000 negative pop during events would be a decent deterrent.

Residences have 37 levels, I don't see how that's different.
A 30 day cool down would be excessive. I think 3 days would be enough. 30 days is a severe penalty if you discover your AW was more useful than you thought...

As for the AW levels, I was just comparing to what they said about making it so we could update event buildings, which was more complicated than expected.

CrazyWizard

I have played through the whole chapter 15 with -55K pop, including a few events. It's not a big deal if you plan ahead.
Indeed, it can be easily solved with some 1x1 event or Mana plant / gum tree buildings and single restauration spell.

It's not a deterrent.

SoggyShorts

I have played through the whole chapter 15 with -55K pop, including a few events. It's not a big deal if you plan ahead.
Indeed, it can be easily solved with some 1x1 event or Mana plant / gum tree buildings and single restauration spell.
It's not a deterrent.
I was more thinking about the production/workshop quests: You kinda have to keep a turd town unless you want to do everything with 2-6 buildings. If you go turd town then the benefit of extra space from banking your wonders is diminished.
Also, you can't do any of the upgrades that you unlock in the chapter.

I guess if that's not a deterrent, then what is? If the answer is nothing, then I guess that's it, no banking wonders ever which totally blows.

Lovec Krys

Also, you can't do any of the upgrades that you unlock in the chapter.
From my experience with ch16, you won't have resources for most of the upgrades during the chapter either (mostly seeds and/or orcs, in some cities even other resources).
I expect the same from ch17 - spending at least 3 months with the research, after that at least 1 month of upgrading all the manus and armories (with placing additional 10+ seed hybrids in the city after destruction of the guest race buildings).

Deleted User - 81190

I was more thinking about the production/workshop quests: You kinda have to keep a turd town unless you want to do everything with 2-6 buildings. If you go turd town then the benefit of extra space from banking your wonders is diminished.
I kept a few ghetto buildings for quests. But with the latest quest structure even that is not critical - there are very few quests that require specific production durations (which can be solved with L1 buildings). Most of the quests nowadays are for total production amounts for which L1s are useless. And benefits of rushing the quest line are almost non-existent now.

From my experience with ch16, you won't have resources for most of the upgrades during the chapter either (mostly seeds and/or orcs, in some cities even other resources).
Indeed, even though for me it was more of an issue of space for upgrades rather than upgrade costs. All available space was used for guest race production, to power through that stuff ASAP. After chapter was done, it was time to rearrange and do the upgrades. Not to mention that some of the upgrades I have never implemented (like T2 upgrades).

karld

At the moment I'm only thinking of selling/teleporting my level 8 Tome of Secrets. My scouts take around 4 days now so it's not so great as far as supplies are concerned. I get the supplies I need from my Magic Workshops and Prosperity Tower along with PoP spells for the most part. I'd also lose the 2 KP each day it gives, but if getting rid of it allows me to do five rounds of one or two more provinces then I can regain those KP. I don't know yet, but I expect that I'd benefit more than that.