• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Ideas for New Quests

Dhurrin

Yes, but shorter than 4 days for donation quests.
True (for now anyway) but only by a day. My other problem is that I have ALL unlocked bonus-effects upped to lvl 67 or over. So donating becomes pretty expensive. Which is another reason I'm nor particularly fond on being forced to do so at times other than my choosing.

Mrietha

Hi Everyone
This is a summary from this conversation on “Ideas for New Quests.”
While this conversation was to be about suggestions for “New Quests” in addition to the “please no more” requests, we’ve had suggestions for other changes. I’ve divided this into 3 parts: New Quest Ideas & Liked Quests; Limit or Discontinue Quests; and finally Other Suggestions.
I have edited out the commentary and tried to keep it to the basic description of the idea.

It was surprising to me how few new ideas were presented.

Please do not hesitate to correct me if I have not represented your idea accurately.

Also please do not stoping providing suggestions. With the current event ongoing new ideas may come to you.

Also if this is not easily accessible would someone please tell me. I'll email it to you so it can be posted correctly.

Attachments

• Ideas for New Quests.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 41

Lelanya

Huh
I read the Forums primarily on my phone. Nope I can't see your file without a download. :rolleyes:
My PC is running a much needed deep scan at the moment, so that's out.

Mrietha

As requested here is the summary. Not quite as neat as it is in the attchment.
  • More
    • Place a trade offer
    • Give Neighborly Help
    • Use specific Enchantments or Spells
  • Quests with more options:
    • Accept a trade offer from the Trader or from the Wholesaler
  • New Ideas
    • Pick up production from 3 different types of factories
    • Balance spending quests (coins, supplies, goods) with quests that increase harvesting of these items.
    • Use Troop Instants
    • Move buildings
    • Upgrade roads
  • Limit or Discontinue Quests
    • Provide options for quests that include permanent cost increase:
      • Complete Provinces
      • Scout Provinces
      • Complete ? Encounters
      • Donate in the Magic Academy to the Cauldron
      • Complete a Technology
    • Provide options for quests that are based in a weekly event: The Spire, The Tournament, the Cauldron. (If these quests occur when these events are not available the player is stuck.)
    • Limit - Buying KP, both repeatedly through an event or in large quantities (This suggestion was repeated by many)
  • Limit using Enchantments and Spells (see above for wanting more. )
  • The problem may be in how many in any one quest or how often they occur. Receiving this quest even every third or fourth quest can be a burden.
  • Other Suggestions
    • What works for smaller cities may not work for larger and vise versa.
      • Scouting is easier and quicker for smaller cities than for larger cities. (By chapter 10 scouting already takes over 24 hours.)
      • Researching Technologies difficulties is also based on city size.
    • Providing the option of different types of troops as rewards: Barrack, Training Grounds, Mercenaries.
      • Perhaps the reward would be a Tome with different types of Troops.
    • The Event Quests can force a player to make changes in their cities that they either didn't want to or are not ready to make.
      • The quests do not match with the needs of a city.
      • The Event Quests dictate the pace of the city's growth as well as asset allocation.
      • The Quests feel like chores
    • Have an option to “opt out” of an event. Where there is no Event icon for prizes, event currency does not drop down and the quests are hidden.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hi @Mrietha thanks for the summary. You might like to edit it into your first post in this thread. If you're unable to do so, please let me know and I can do it for you

Mrietha

Hi @Amy Steele !
I can cut and paste it from my original word document, like I did here.
However anything more than that is beyond my editing capabilities.
If you are able to make it look and read better, please do so.

Prueba2

Thanks @Mrietha for your effort.
(...)
@Mrietha , we will see if in the next event the SAME imposible quests appear again...
(...)

Now, maybe @InnoGames can give us some explanation on why, after requesting this feedback post, they completely ignore it/us...
I don't think the issue is so much whether they care or not, but it's more that staff at head office move around quite a bit, and with new staff members come new directions for Elvenar, which may diverge from what was previously said or agreed. We will always forward feedback where an agreement was made in the past (for example to limit or change certain quests) as the new staff may be unaware of these previous agreements.

Not really wanting to wander off topic here, but what kind of quests would you like to see @Lelanya? (and anyone else with ideas). Perhaps you would be so kind as to start another thread to discuss this?
Any additional comments @Amy Steele?
Will this post be useful for anything (more than wasting player's time, energy and patience)?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply to this.

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Now, maybe @InnoGames can give us some explanation on why, after requesting this feedback post, they completely ignore it/us...
Not so. You spoke, InnoGames listened.
Any additional comments @Amy Steele?
Will this post be useful for anything (more than wasting player's time, energy and patience)?
Indeed it will! As per the announcement here
Dear Humans and Elves,

On Monday 13th we are removing the Scout Provinces condition from 3 events quests and replacing it with Buy KP, Gain Relics, or Recruit Units.
Zodiac event quests changes are based on your feedback. We deeply appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to continue sharing your insights to help us shape a better gaming experience.
So please do keep those ideas coming. In this thread we're especially wanting to hear your new ideas. There are many posts throughout this forum saying which quests you don't like, but very few with completely new ideas for quests, so please do keep those coming, and we will pass them on, to hopefully be included in some future event

FaunaWillow

Here’s some ideas for new event questies!
-collect coins from (regular or magical) residential/evolving buildings ‘x’ times
-collect supplies from (regular or magical) workshops/evolving buildings ‘x’ times
-produce ‘x’ amount of enchantments in the magic academy or collect the same ‘x’ amount of enchantments
-check your ranking or change profile picture
-start training ‘x’ amount troops/units
-view your goods inventory and post ‘x’ amount of trades or buy from the wholesaler ‘x’ amount of times
-switch out ONE culture building and use ONE ensorcelled endowment enchantment
(Some if these might already be around with different wording or requirements)
More to come as I think of them! :ewink:
I’d like to see more fun and easy quests thrown in to each event, to give them more variety and engagement.

Lelanya

And this is why we launched this thread, but do they care about our viewpoint? Clearly not. I will not be moving past this point on my live cities, and by the way, thanks for nothing.
1694273394241.png

Dhurrin

And this is why we launched this thread, but do they care about our viewpoint? Clearly not. I will not be moving past this point on my live cities, and by the way, thanks for nothing.
View attachment 11746
Amazing! They managed to take 2 of the quests people complain a lot about and give them as an option to choose from, with one being time-limited.
I know the dev-team is located in Germany, but seriously, I really doubt there is some kind of misunderstanding or translational misconception here. (And yes, I happen to speak German, amongst some other languages, so I have a pretty good understanding of how things can get screwed up in translating).

Lelanya

Gets better. I've looked ahead, thanks to our data miners, and there is a quest, where they took one of our recommendations. So the fact that they absolutely choose to ignore our words about them forcing us to buy KPs, or 'Donate to the Magic Academy' or trading with the Wholesaler, is really, sending a message. Seeing as we're supposed to be positive that's all I'm going to say here, other than I'm very disgusted.

FaunaWillow

I don’t dare to give feedback on Beta these days. It’s not welcome, no matter who tries to say it is. Recent history shows otherwise. I wouldn’t be surprised if this meager post gets modded, deleted or I get censored.
All I’ll say is I agree with the above comments.
What’s the point in saying anything anymore?

spennyit

I don’t dare to give feedback on Beta these days. It’s not welcome, no matter who tries to say it is. Recent history shows otherwise. I wouldn’t be surprised if this meager post gets modded, deleted or I get censored.
All I’ll say is I agree with the above comments.
What’s the point in saying anything anymore?
They don't need to "mod, delete or censor" the post: they simply don't care, as they nomally do. As "well shown" above: we are NOT the customer, we are the product :cool:

Prueba2

Ok... I see...
If Devs do not make their part of the work, do not expect us to do it... (report bugs ... etc...)
If Players feedback is not appreciated/welcomed/cared about, I will not waste my time doing it...

In order for us, Players, to report a bug/exploit, we would need to know how features are supposed to "work" (or how Devs designed them to be used) otherwise we cannot identify them as bug/exploits.
Right now, we have enough burden trying to guess what the heck is going on...

Best regards