• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Ideas for New Quests

Mrietha

Based on a suggestionf from @Amy Steele in a seperate thread ---

What new quests would you like to see added to event quests?

(I personally am asking you to keep Elvenan jargon at a mininium. I am only in Chapter 13 in my live city. Those of you who are in the upper chapters tend to write as if everyone understands what you are writing about. That is not the case. There is a thread on the US server now on "how to best use pet food". Between trying to translate all the abbreviations and figuring out what each "pet" is supposed to do I am having trouble wading through the posts. Thank you!)

-----------------------@@@@@@@------------------

As requested here is the summary. Not quite as neat as it is in the attchment.
  • More
    • Place a trade offer
    • Give Neighborly Help
    • Use specific Enchantments or Spells
  • Quests with more options:
    • Accept a trade offer from the Trader or from the Wholesaler
  • New Ideas
    • Pick up production from 3 different types of factories
    • Balance spending quests (coins, supplies, goods) with quests that increase harvesting of these items.
    • Use Troop Instants
    • Move buildings
    • Upgrade roads
  • Limit or Discontinue Quests
    • Provide options for quests that include permanent cost increase:
      • Complete Provinces
      • Scout Provinces
      • Complete ? Encounters
      • Donate in the Magic Academy to the Cauldron
      • Complete a Technology
    • Provide options for quests that are based in a weekly event: The Spire, The Tournament, the Cauldron. (If these quests occur when these events are not available the player is stuck.)
    • Limit - Buying KP, both repeatedly through an event or in large quantities (This suggestion was repeated by many)
  • Limit using Enchantments and Spells (see above for wanting more. )
  • The problem may be in how many in any one quest or how often they occur. Receiving this quest even every third or fourth quest can be a burden.
  • Other Suggestions
    • What works for smaller cities may not work for larger and vise versa.
      • Scouting is easier and quicker for smaller cities than for larger cities. (By chapter 10 scouting already takes over 24 hours.)
      • Researching Technologies difficulties is also based on city size.
    • Providing the option of different types of troops as rewards: Barrack, Training Grounds, Mercenaries.
      • Perhaps the reward would be a Tome with different types of Troops.
    • The Event Quests can force a player to make changes in their cities that they either didn't want to or are not ready to make.
      • The quests do not match with the needs of a city.
      • The Event Quests dictate the pace of the city's growth as well as asset allocation.
      • The Quests feel like chores
    • Have an option to “opt out” of an event. Where there is no Event icon for prizes, event currency does not drop down and the quests are hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

We need more:
Place a trade offer
Give Neighborly Help

We need quests with more options:

Pick up a production from at least 3 different types of factories
Accept a trade offer from a neighbor or from the Wholesaler

We do not need a shed load of quests that cost us. I have cities that are struggling to make coins, where Supply issues are absolutely ridiculous - here I have been running for weeks like this, but other cities are in the same boat now. Aqua Splendor cost me so many resources, that I have yet to recover.

Prueba2

Give ALWAYS alternative options (A or B) for partial quests that include permanent cost increases like:
- Complete Provinces
- Scout Provinces
- Complete X province encounters (either fighting or catering)
- Buy X KP
- Donate in the MA Pot Cauldron
- Complete a Technology (also, for Players in last Chapter)

Also, give alternatives for partials quests linked to weekly events (as Players may find this quest outside the event, to avoid being blocked):
- Complete X Spire/Tournament Encounters

@Mrietha , we will see if in the next event the SAME imposible quests appear again...
EDIT: Also, @Mrietha, in the first post a list of all the ideas can be done for simplicity for Devs and CMs in case they need to find quickly something...

Last edited:

Emily198097

I DESPISE the buy 20kp quests. I don't WANT to do that. It is expensive and is only there to eventually force people to buy diamonds.
I love the idea of place trades, accept trades from your team or neighbors, use specific enchantments, use troop instants, move buildings, upgrade roads, collect X basic and X 2nd tier or 3rd tier goods etc.

yakmeister

I like neighborly help quests, would like to see more of those.
i like complete province quest much better than hated scout province which takes several days
i hate the buy kp quests give us something different like spend kp those are much easier to do
I like the donate to cauldron quest, nice to see something different.
eliminate the make toolbox quest, gets everyone stuck for a day
Dont combine scout province or complete research, scouting takes several days and currently stuck on research tree trying to get enough settlement good.

Lelanya

The spells quests  are a good idea but, it's too much of a good thing. I have a city on Daily #3, used 4 + 6 +6 and now another 4 within the last day. Exactly how many spells do you think that I cast? In an Amuni level city, this is.

Enevhar Aldarion

I'd like to have no more quests asking to buy KP

In my chapter 18 and chapter 20 cities, I love these quests, because I buy 10-20 KP every day with coins, even when there is no event going. And the worst quests for me, researching or scouting, are great for little cities, where those are very easy to do.

Lelanya

This is not a quest, but still an improvement. Some rewards in events are troops; some are instants, some direct to the Army. Those direct recruits are nearly  always Barracks troops. Could we be allowed to select Training Grounds or Merc Camp? And if so, what fresh hell would be created by granting us this? Because I do not for one minute think that we wouldn't be, Ahm, subjected to some of nefarious form of 'balancing'.

Dhurrin

I don't mind the buy KP. However they should be limited to one per event .... and 20 is an awful lot!
YES. I don't mind a quest that requires me to buy KPs. The Aqua Splendor event has one buy 41 KPs without option and then 1 or 2 quests where it is an option, and it is getting kinda costly. Not to mention annoying as I'm swimming in KPs and have no need to buy more.

The forced donations to the MA for the Cauldron are also something I'd like to be optional, because it is getting expensive. And I don't mind working on it at times, but when I'm spending large amounts of resources it should be when I'm ready for that, not for quests I can't refuse if I want to go forward in the event.

Lelanya

Here is the thing that's at the heart of these complaints; and this is valid not  just for event quests but also for Seasons quests as well, so please take note.

On my own initiative I might buy KPs occasionally (and in that vein...), but not nearly at the rate that events seem to require. It's gotten so that I  never buy KPs for storyline quests, because what's the point? Wait a week and there will be an event quest.

On my own initiative I might visit the Wholesaler, or actually quaff a goblet or 5, or cook Combine Catalysts in the Magic Academy, or a host of other actions.

But the fact is,

I really loathe feeling forced to do these actions at someone else's convenience. It's gotten to the point where I do  not do things that my city needs because of the nearly constant event cycles, why not wait, something will require that soon...

In the vein of the nearly constant 'Buy KPs', and this sort of piggybacks Amy's suggestion, the only kind I have truly respected was 'Buy 10 KPs and Donate 10 KPs to an Ancient Wonder of your choice' because at least, we could do both items with one action!

Dhurrin

Here is the thing that's at the heart of these complaints; and this is valid not  just for event quests but also for Seasons quests as well, so please take note.

On my own initiative I might buy KPs occasionally (and in that vein...), but not nearly at the rate that events seem to require. It's gotten so that I  never buy KPs for storyline quests, because what's the point? Wait a week and there will be an event quest.

On my own initiative I might visit the Wholesaler, or actually quaff a goblet or 5, or cook Combine Catalysts in the Magic Academy, or a host of other actions.

But the fact is,

I really loathe feeling forced to do these actions at someone else's convenience. It's gotten to the point where I do  not do things that my city needs because of the nearly constant event cycles, why not wait, something will require that soon...

In the vein of the nearly constant 'Buy KPs', and this sort of piggybacks Amy's suggestion, the only kind I have truly respected was 'Buy 10 KPs and Donate 10 KPs to an Ancient Wonder of your choice' because at least, we could do both items with one action!

Exactly my feelings too!
For me this game begins to feel more and more like a list of chores to do with events dictating the pace of play, dictating the way resources are allocated, the actions to be taken.
Don't get me wrong, I like the whole concept of events, but there is hardly any time BETWEEN events anymore. A few days if we are lucky. Sometimes not even that anymore. I would like to see some nice and quiet time between the events (and FSA thingies). Time to spend on the game itself, to look at the city with a different perspective than 'how do I most efficiently cram in as much as I can so I can get through the next event again'.
To play the game itself; looking at the graphics, reorganizing the city without the constant weight of those events hovering over it.

That, or give some option at the start of the event (preferably with a separate confirmation click) to completely opt out of that particular event; so no quests visible, no eventcurrency being dropped, no chance to collect any of the prizes. Then I can choose to partake, or not. And if not, not being bothered by the visible quests and the currency being dropped

Lovec Krys

The forced donations to the MA for the Cauldron are also something I'd like to be optional, because it is getting expensive. And I don't mind working on it at times, but when I'm spending large amounts of resources it should be when I'm ready for that, not for quests I can't refuse if I want to go forward in the event.
Not only that. If you plan to use Cauldron on friday and get quest for donation on monday, you have to wait 4 days for donations available.
And personaly, with high level Tavern, my scouts are now again faster than that.

Btw, i don't mind buying KPs (as any advanced player). But i know that any changes will favor low chapter players (but most probably they will just copy+paste quests).

Dhurrin

Not only that. If you plan to use Cauldron on friday and get quest for donation on monday, you have to wait 4 days for donations available.
And personaly, with high level Tavern, my scouts are now again faster than that.

Btw, i don't mind buying KPs (as any advanced player). But i know that any changes will favor low chapter players (but most probably they will just copy+paste quests).
LOL. my Tavern is lvl 35, but scouting times are still pretty substantial.
And I don't mind buying KPs at times, but being forced to this way is annoying to say the least since there is no alternative. Basically that means I am forced to buy them at moments I do not want them.
And at the end of chap 20 for months, what do I want to buy KPs for? It's not as if that is doing anything useful for me.