• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

I think, time to withdraw has come.

DeletedUser

I'm not willing to pay for beta-testing, but without diamonds land will be super-limited (there are already 8 'Premium Expansions' which waiting for being 'unlocked' with diamonds).

You really do not need no diamonds, but without it is like to play the game degenerates to a pure collect money and supplies and when you have enough buy a new pink or reddish dress your online doll... it was always so and it never changed.

But you can never express this criticism loud as nice contemporaries will tear you in the air, and also the moderators try to prevent such kind of misplaced criticism to this wonderful game.

It is being pointed out by many players from the first moment, that interactivity and neighbor-system are lacking or are not working. The (correct) answer was always: this is an early beta.

Bug-fixing, if it's done, is done only in a halfhearted way.

Essential errors, such as the 64%-issue, are celebrated for weeks.

Many players are stuck firmly and forever in main-quests that cannot be completed (see correspondent threads). If such a bug is reported in the normal case it enters in the 'not a bug but a feature' section.

Playing without diamonds, once having about 45 neighbors discovered, on the map cannot be discovered nothing more: Goods of the 3rd generation are needed (without diamonds your Barbie-City will provide them first time in 2 weeks or later), to fight with your strongest army for a single relic, only serves to laugh a little bit about that, that your five 84-units are even not able to scratch the 8 well-hearted 189-units set up as defense there ...

I know that many 'friends' here will be happy if I give up, on the other hand, it's just an 'inactive' neighbor more, not really a problem because there thousans active neighbors out there ...

So if the next update again is some lukewarm meaningless drivel and twaddle like the previous were, if there are not essential bugs fixed, and might be the one or other rethought, I think it's really time to withdraw.

As now all the world is sending out 'beta keys' for their 'new + super browser game betas', I'm sure we meet each other there ... or what do you think?

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

Just want to say here a few words ....We are very much in the very early beta level of the game ... On top its a closed beta where only few are allowed to join at the moment ... In that few who have joined many have already stopped playing or gone inactive .... Player should understand that at this time getting features like guilds, member's interaction, etc actually doesnt serve much purpose and also will take sometime to bring about...the dev's have never said that they will not give all those features but we should give them some time rather than hurrying it up all the time... its better they concentrate on moving ahead with the main storyline and adding main other features which can make the game more interesting for a long-standing .... The game's just come up a few days back ... We cannot expect from an online game immediately a full featured game the moment it releases when its specifically informed to be a closed beta ... We are all here to test the game ...correct the bugs and features if found any discrepancy ... help the developers take the game in the right direction... Free Diamonds at the moment are not needed to play the game for the simple reason this game will be played by both Paying and non-paying players throughout the world ... Paying players will always have things easy for them ... but this game should also be feasible to the non-paying players who will be the main from the growth /advertising point of view of the game and thats what has to be checked in this beta... ...this is not the real game ... the real game will be released when its on the live server and hopefully it becomes a hit like all the other Inno games in the past and more members join so that we can have a full fledged better featured game at that time ...till then all of us should show some patience and try to help in developing an already good game into a better one for it go on grand scale in future ...

thank you for understanding

regards

ddevil

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser580

I'm not willing to pay for beta-testing, but without diamonds land will be super-limited (there are already 8 'Premium Expansions' which waiting for being 'unlocked' with diamonds).

You really do not need no diamonds, but without it is like to play the game degenerates to a pure collect money and supplies and when you have enough buy a new pink or reddish dress your online doll... it was always so and it never changed.

But you can never express this criticism loud as nice contemporaries will tear you in the air, and also the moderators try to prevent such kind of misplaced criticism to this wonderful game.

It is being pointed out by many players from the first moment, that interactivity and neighbor-system are lacking or are not working. The (correct) answer was always: this is an early beta.

Bug-fixing, if it's done, is done only in a halfhearted way.

Essential errors, such as the 64%-issue, are celebrated for weeks.

Many players are stuck firmly and forever in main-quests that cannot be completed (see correspondent threads). If such a bug is reported in the normal case it enters in the 'not a bug but a feature' section.

Playing without diamonds, once having about 45 neighbors discovered, on the map cannot be discovered nothing more: Goods of the 3rd generation are needed (without diamonds your Barbie-City will provide them first time in 2 weeks or later), to fight with your strongest army for a single relic, only serves to laugh a little bit about that, that your five 84-units are even not able to scratch the 8 well-hearted 189-units set up as defense there ...

I know that many 'friends' here will be happy if I give up, on the other hand, it's just an 'inactive' neighbor more, not really a problem because there thousans active neighbors out there ...

So if the next update again is some lukewarm meaningless drivel and twaddle like the previous were, if there are not essential bugs fixed, and might be the one or other rethought, I think it's really time to withdraw.

As now all the world is sending out 'beta keys' for their 'new + super browser game betas', I'm sure we meet each other there ... or what do you think?

Best regards,
Extranjero

First of all ... if they would give the diamonds for free, what will happen with all the spenders? Those who already payed? They will getting angry and pissed. So there are two options .... keep it like it is and only you are unhappy, or give diamonds for free and all spenders are angry. inno cannot give back that money. That would be to much work and costs. You want to play that game on easy mode? But elvenar need people testing the normal mode ... and thats the mode without diamonds.

You think the game is just collecting and that is? You can do much more. You can fight AIs ... trade with partners or optimice your city. Is the way you build your city the way you can do it? I am always rearranging some things.

It would be sad if you go but I totally dont get your point. I have never see a game where you can get premium currency for free in beta status.

And be more patient. Nothing is more interesting than seeing a game getting new content and getting better and better.

DeletedUser

I don't like the way, Extranjero usually is making his critical statements, I don't share his impatience for new game features and some of the other points he criticizes, but I begin to share his opinion about the future of Elvenar...

Very disappointing to see, that nobody cares of approximately equal (starting) chances for all players, this should be the most important principle for this kind of game. Of course it cannot be the main task of a player to care about the chances of other players, but the devs should and they don't :(.

I already made a few posts about this matter and they all have been ignored, I at least expected some arguing, why i might be wrong.

DeletedUser252

In every game you have to sides: the premium players at one side ande the non-premium players at the other.
You know that when you ( like I am) an non-primium-player.
You have to accept that fact when you start the game; otherwise you drive yourself mad in thinking you are the "victim"
I just like the "struggle" to play my best without buying diamants and to be creative to get wherever it thake me to play without.
Maybe it's taking me longer, maybe it's more "boring", but I did it on my one, without buying myself an easy way.

And I agree with Thuncal: Nothing is more interesting than seeing a game getting new content and getting better and better.

DeletedUser580

But guys dont forget. In this game, right now, its completly uninteressting if you are premium oder non spender. As pvp will be hopefully without loss and free to participate, it does not matter if a player is premium. Let them research faster and let them have bigger cities, just do you own city. On the other side you will always have some more advanced goods in your neighborhood :D

DeletedUser503

It is very early days in this game of Elvenar. I wonder how many realize the work and hours
and thought and creativity go into making such a world as this? It is free to play! Expect
bugs, it's BETA! If you have no patience for ongoing developments, play some other game.
I am staying to watch the game evolve.

DeletedUser231

Many of the things EXTRA is saying is true.

Communication in this game is Horrible. I have tried to mail many players using every tactic I could think of to communicate with them. YES I know they might not all speak English....

Battlefield....At the start is was interesting, but now it is getting very difficult to get anywhere and thus I am losing VAST armies to get only a few points. I can't imagine what it will be like in a few months....It will be super expensive on troops.

Visitation....Many players do not repay a visit but they sit there doing absolutely nothing and they get payed for it. This is SAD behavior on there part.

Diamonds.....There is a lot of emphasis on buying diamonds in this game. Being in Beta, I would have thought we would get a little break for helping this game proceed out of beta BUT NO...All I can see is the cost of stuff will increase over time.

Culture....Culture is becoming a big issue the more advanced a player gets and space being a premium, visitations are vital, or otherwise a player spends a fortune on Expensive cultural buildings.

EXTRA's attitude....I am starting to think the very same way. Actually I am getting a little bites angry. I totally see his points.

DeletedUser762

omg, you are only testing the game,. why r you complaining? ok, you can pay diamonds for testing, but nobody is forcing you to. what is your problem man? you wanna go? then go! this just a test, when you play the official came and you dont like it then come back and complain. this is just a tester and you were given the opportunity to look at it that's all. try again in the official release and if u still dont like it then moan. jeeez. i really cannot understand ppl like you. even though i am the first one to moan if i dont like something LOL, but this is just taking a bisquite.

DeletedUser205

I don't like the way, Extranjero usually is making his critical statements, I don't share his impatience for new game features and some of the other points he criticizes, but I begin to share his opinion about the future of Elvenar...

Very disappointing to see, that nobody cares of approximately equal (starting) chances for all players, this should be the most important principle for this kind of game. Of course it cannot be the main task of a player to care about the chances of other players, but the devs should and they don't :(.

I already made a few posts about this matter and they all have been ignored, I at least expected some arguing, why i might be wrong.

I agree to your first sentence methusu.
And about your disappointing with no equal startingchances I fear, that it will happen in open game, that many players sort of start several times, till they have a good chance in the world they are borne in.
I'm curious to see, how the devs try to solve the problem of dead cities.

I don't think, that I'll start on open server, if elvenar will not see some development in the direction of more employment opportunities during waiting for research. I'm since days in a mode of just collecting and upgrade and it feels boring.
But I'm not angry, only watching my feelings and try to share this with interested devs.
I really wish, that most people are able to critizise not in aggressive words, because that would be taken more seriously, wouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser594

Some time ago I used to play an Inno Beta (forget the name).
some sort of Pirate game where ships used to pop out of the
water! It didn't take me long to leave and used to get Emails
for a time asking to play again. This has stopped a while back,
which let me think it finaly gone down the gurgler! I could be wrong....
Elvenar could be a very good game, but this greed thing popping up again,
Shame...

DeletedUser

And about your disappointing with no equal startingchances I fear, that it will happen in open game, that many players sort of start several times, till they have a good chance in the world they are borne in.

I just was going to post, that bad city movement (ruining the game of players remaining at the edge of the map) seems to have stopped/paused. It doesn't seem to be a reaction, just a matter of coincidence, but not a single word furthermore...

I didn't play that much onlinegames so far, for me a game only will do on first try, no second or more registration process. And what some players are/were facing here, in my opinion lies far beyond normal (some kind of random) starting difficulties.

DeletedUser231

Some time ago I used to play an Inno Beta (forget the name).
some sort of Pirate game where ships used to pop out of the
water! It didn't take me long to leave and used to get Emails
for a time asking to play again. This has stopped a while back,
which let me think it finaly gone down the gurgler! I could be wrong....
Elvenar could be a very good game, but this greed thing popping up again,
Shame...

That game was called KARTUGA. Visually it was a good game but movement was very cumbersome and Innogames dropped that game along with 2 others that were in development. They say things happen in 3's so Innogames has shuttered 3 games so chances are this will survive. This is quite similar to FOE.

When/if this game opens beyond the Beta release, new worlds will open with different speeds, so you will get the chance to start that world FIRST thing.

DeletedUser

I must say I keep conquering sectors and provinces, most by fighting, some for negotiating. I keep upgrading builings, I keep researching, I trade, I add expansions, I get new (mostly inactive) neighbors... If you are impacient, I recommend trying old city-building offline games: they rock!! FoE and Elvenar rock too, but in a different way. Different -very different- pace rhythms. Diversify! =]

Also, I seriously don't see the need for diamonds.You have the option to pay for increasing your ranking number (plain talking), but otherwise there's no feature unavailable to non-premium players. Best extra feature in the game is actually for free, but luck-dependat: getting active neighbors with different boosts than you =]

DeletedUser205

@Juanmarte, 2 weeks ago I argued the same way you do.
Today I produce with 1-day instead of 3 hours, because there is nothing really to do, that motivates me to go online every 3 hours (apart from collecting the goods, but that is not as urgent now, my stocks are filling well enough with 1-day-produktiontime). Upgradetimes are all longer than 3 hours now, not spared enough place to rebuild the hole city just for fun, battles are no success till the next squatupgrade etc. etc.
why should I come online more often now? better things to do.
I'm not shure, whether that growing desinterest is developers wish?

b.t.w.
I'm a bit in a decidingproblem:
shure I could negotiate encounters with my wellfilled stock.
but if I do so, I negotiate those encounters away, which probably provide me some battlefun if I finally get the next squatupgrade?
to wait for that research costs me days and days on the other hand ...
(I just decided, to negotiate me to a new member in my trader, who provides the longwished planks, but I do that with little tears in my eyes: "bye bye next hopefully battle-encounters)