• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How much is Spectral Stone worth?

Prueba2

This is just a little calculation exercise I wanted to do some time ago.

First things first, it is difficult to compare Spectral Stone (SS) with diamonds, as they are quite different products (diamonds being premium currency for almost everything, while SS can only be used in Spire while negotiating).
SS would ideally be used in the last round of negotiation when only 1 single space is unknown having several products as options and only once per encounter, while 25 diamonds can be used always to get one additional negotiation round.

Depending on the number of products available as options, comparing with paying additional negotiation rounds with diamonds:
  • 1 Product (no need for SS nor diamonds)
    100% on first try
    Avg cost: 0 diamonds
  • 2 Products
    50% on first try
    50%·100% on second try
    Avg cost = 50%·0 + 50%·25 = 12.5 diamonds
  • 3 Products
    33% on first try
    66%·50% on second try
    66%·50%·100% on third try
    Avg cost = 33%·0 + 33%·25 + 33%·50 = 25 diamonds
  • 4 Products
    25% on first try
    75%·33% on second try
    75%·66%·50% on third try
    75%·66%·50%·100% on fourth try
    Avg cost = 25%·0 + 25%·25 + 25%·50 + 25%·75 = 37.5 diamonds
  • 5 Products (probably you should just restart encounter and try again)
    20% on first try
    80%·25% on second try
    80%·75%·33% on third try
    80%·75%·66%·50% on fourth try
    80%·75%·66%·50%·100% on fourth try
    Avg cost = 20%·0 + 20%·25 + 20%·50 + 20%·75 + 20%·100 = 50 diamonds
Ok, I do not find myself so often in the situation that SS would be helpful, and when I do, if there only 2 products I usually try my luck (unless I have little time or product quantity in the inventory (mana, seeds…), apart from that case it is 3-4 products as options (and rarely do I use SS) , then SS value would be:
  • 2 and 3 products
    Avg estimated value: around 18,75 diamonds (taken into account that diamonds are MUCH MORE flexible (and easier to get) than SS
  • 2, 3 and 4 products
    Avg estimated value: around 25 diamonds (taken into account that diamonds are MUCH MORE flexible (and easier to get) than SS
  • 2, 3, 4 and 5 products
    Avg estimated value: around 31.25 diamonds (taken into account that diamonds are MUCH MORE flexible (and easier to get) than SS
Regards

Enevhar Aldarion

If you always fight through the whole Spire, it's worthless.

Many months ago on the US forum, someone tried to come up with an idea to be able to bribe one squad of enemy troops in a Spire fight, so that there would only be 4 squads, instead of 5, to defeat. Now that we have spectral stones, it may be time to revive that idea, with the stone as the bribe to get rid of one enemy squad. Then they would have value to those of us with cities where we only fight.

Alcaro

Many months ago on the US forum, someone tried to come up with an idea to be able to bribe one squad of enemy troops in a Spire fight, so that there would only be 4 squads, instead of 5, to defeat. Now that we have spectral stones, it may be time to revive that idea, with the stone as the bribe to get rid of one enemy squad. Then they would have value to those of us with cities where we only fight.
This is one brilliant idea! I hope it was properly suggested and have a chance to become reality.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I would like that idea but I see a problem as well.
on the first floor we only fight 1 set of enemies.
On the second and third floor we fight 2 sets of enemies and 3 sets when it is a boss fight.
how would 1 SS be used on those fights as well?

[edit]
I would suggest the following change.
on the first floor you can't use a SS except for the door boss and you have to pay 2 stones but in return you have 6 troops to fight with for all the rounds.
On the second and third floor you pay 1 stone on normal fights but again 2 stones on the door boss / end boss.

Enevhar Aldarion

This is one brilliant idea! I hope it was properly suggested and have a chance to become reality.

I am terrible at formatting Suggestions correctly, so if someone want to take this and write it up for here or their home forum, that would help. Plus, from what CMs have said before, the more forums posting the same Suggestion, the more likely it makes it to the devs for consideration.

Prueba2

If you always fight through the whole Spire, it's worthless.
I fully understand you
1668206330064.png
1668206350981.png
1668206405552.png
1668206432716.png

Lovec Krys

@Prueba2 Well, once upon a time i had been negotiating in Spire, but it had simply become too expensive (especialy the cost of rarer resources like seeds*), so i had to switch to fighting only.

(* they probably know very well why they didn't add unurium and ascended goods there - that would kill any remaining high chapter negotiations)

Laurelin-Beta

I get about one Dwarven Armorer per month - constant Silver Spire, with Gold maybe 1-2 times/month. Mobile has about 2 x chance to win them than PC - based on three/four-month forced trial while my PC has been throwing bizarre failures. Also mobile gets better Diamond returns from Genies, based on the same very-not-extensive single-person data points! That said : I find that even short-term trends are pretty reliable in Elvenar.